Deffkoptas (6) 270
(TL-rokkit)

Not sure how to group the deffkoptas.

Battlewagon(3) 330
grot riggers
red paint job
reinforced ram
big shoota

Idea is to get the wagons to enemy troops as fast as possible and unload boyz in assault. If the enemy troops are spread out would start at one side unload boyz and use the wagons as cover as they move across the field. The deffkoptas come in outflanking and attempt to take out armor or glance. The HQ with Nobs in a truck split off from wagons and assault the toughest enemy unit.

Just starting orks. Have picked up the AOBR set and plan on getting another. Would like input into whether this list has a chance. Can the wagons/truk get the boyz into assault before they get popped?

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
HQ
Warboss
power klaw
attack squig
cybork body

I might add Eavy Armor, just for a bit nicer save against normal attacks.

Troops
Nobz (4)
cybork body
bosspole
waaagh! banner
Painboy
cybork body

Are these all different for wound allocation abuse? If so, good.

Trukk
grot riggers
red paint job
reinforced ram

Drop the Riggers and Paint Job, you're making a Trukk expensive and it should be cheap and plentiful. Also, a Battlewagon is a better chariot for such an important unit, it's way more reliable.

Big Mek
KFF
Nob
power klaw
bosspole
Boyz -slugga/choppa ( 18 )

I assume this is in the Battlewagon so fine, I'd still add guns though, you can shoot on the drive there.

Nob
power klaw
bosspole
Boyz - slugga/choppa (19)

Grab Shoota Boyz. The shots before charges almost balance out the missing attack and they can shoot the way there too. They can really tip the scales with 2+ turns of Shoota fire and they're the same points. Grab guns.

Nob
power klaw
bosspole
Boyz - slugga/choppa (19)

See above.

Fast Attack
Deffkoptas (6) 270
(TL-rokkit)

I might go 2 of 3. They run away easily but they're sort of suicidal in the first place, so might as well get two tanks.

Battlewagon(3) 330
grot riggers
red paint job
reinforced ram
big shoota

Drop the RPJ and add a Deff Rolla. It can do a lot of damage after it's dropped a unit off for a good price.

Even hull down the Trukk will die. I'd set them up in a Wagon. It'd be a shame for your best unit to not make it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would take the squig off the warboss as he is a house anyways. The nob squad rewlly needs a powerklaw in their group. They should also ride a battlewagon. One of your choppa boys squads will be fine walking. They can run and should keep up fine with the convoy. They can also stay behind and capture objectives. The Defkoptas are best single or in a group of 5. I would suggest a group of 5 with 0-2 rokits and a single one with buzzsaw. The 5 start behind the battlewagons, scout, turboboost and can easily take out the enemy troop choice with their bs. The single I would have outflank and hopefully fly in late and take out enemy artillery. Slugga versus Choppa ultimately comes down to personal preference. I like to run so I use a lot of choppas but I also keep a group of Shootas in my battlewagon like you are running your whole army with. At the end of the day however as long as your army works well together there is no one who can stand in the way of the orks WAAAGH!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i agree with Excess, make your trukks as cheap as you can.. i run mine with just a RFR to help with ramming and getting into cover. everything else is'nt very cost effective.
your nob unit is a bit small and the lack of a PK will make them so so in combat, plus if your warboss is with them they could turn and run after just one of them gets taken down.. and you dont want that.

good luck on your WHAAAaag!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your comments. I went with choppa boyz because i planned on running them after they got out of their wagon and going for waaagh assault on second turn. I can see the shootas giving me more flexibility so i may rethink that. Your comment about the deff koptas being worth two tanks really made me think. I could drop them and add another battle wagon in place of the truck for the command squad and toss in some more power claws. Does four wagons seem excessive or cheese in a 1500 point list?

I'm used to playing tyranids so my thinking is generally to close as quickly as possible and get into close combat, hence the red paint job.

Also, how good of a chance do the battle wagons have of delivering their cargo if i drop the Big Mek with KFF?

Thank you guys again for your recommendations I am going to rework the list.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
The KFF and being able to cover it's sides is the same as a Land Raider really. It's very good at delivering. Without a KFF it's a little worse but still AV14 so pretty reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts