Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've not posted a list in a while so thought I'd post my current generic all comers list, it can go on the offensive or work as a counterattack force, so I like it.

HQ

Dracon, Punisher, Drugs, Tormentor Helm
3 Incubi
2 Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons
Raider
246 pts

Dracite, Shadowfield, Agoniser, Drugs, Pistol, WWP
168 pts

Troops

10 Dark Eldar Warriors
2 Dark Lances
100 pts

10 Dark Eldar Warriors
2 Dark Lances
100 pts

14 Dark Eldar Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons
2 Blasters
Sybarite
Agoniser
168 pts

15 Dark Eldar Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons
2 Blasters
Sybarite
Agoniser
WWP
226 pts

Elites

6 Wyches
Wyche Weapons
2 Blasters
Plasma Grenades
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

6 Wyches
Wyche Weapons
2 Blasters
Plasma Grenades
Succubus
Agoniser
Raider

Heavy Support

Ravager
3 Disintegrators
Night Shield
140 Pts

Totals
Pts: 1500

Model Types
Models: 72
Infantry: 67
Vehicles: 4

Weapon Breakdown
Disintegrators: 3
Dark Lances: 7
Splinter Cannons: 6
Blasters: 8
Punishers: 4
Agonisers: 5

Force Organisation breakdown (points/numbers)
HQ: 27.6%/11.1%
Troops: 39.6%/69.0%
Elites: 23.5%/19.4%
Heavy Support: 9.3%/1.4%

·
Registered
838 Posts
how well do 6 man wych squads work?
atm i've got 2 squads at 8 wyches (but no incubi) but i was thinking of switching to 3 6 man squads so i can engage 3 enemy squads at a time instead of just the 2 but i'm worried about them not having any staying power.

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've found that 6 man wyche squads work very well it takes an average of over 36 space marine attacks to kill all 6 wyches and it is therefore not something any single squad in the space marine squad is likely to achieve, I find it is generally best to couple a wyche charge with that of a normal warrior squad if I want kiling power however as although the wyches are good at staying place (four turns on average) 6 wyches will only equal a space marine squad blow for blow over that time. Of course if this is their HQ unit or an assault squad then thats great, if its a tactical squad not so much.

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True the two lords are alot of points, but I find they usually pay for themselves, the dracite is my primary portal carrier and as such has th shadowfield, she is also an excellent monster hunter however and so perfect fro throwing against hive tyrants and the like, the dracon by contrast has no shield and relies on dealing death on the charge, thus she and her retinue are sent at softer targets (marines/imperial guard command squads/eldar aspect warriors and the like) allowing the dracon to kill everything within 2" of her and not take any return attacks whilst the squad cripples the enemy squad leaving just 2-5 models, enough to kill in the next turn comfortably allowing a further assault in my own following turn. The raider mounted HQ assaulting from teh web backed by two wyche squads is an awesome blow to deliver to an opponent especially when you already have a marauding dracon on the board. The dracon and incubi are not an archon and incubi for the reason of the high points cost and only small stat jump of an archon and for the reason of lack of a shadowfield making such a high point model very risky, the dracite is not an archite as this is not a wyche cult. Sorry if that was a bit long winded, but I hope it conveyed my reasoning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts