Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that this army list goes against the grain a bit in terms of what it includes. Actually, it was mainly inspired by Gojiratoho's Pariah Tactica. I'd like to see how well people think this army list would work. Just keep in mind one thing: the Pariahs are supposed to be there, so the first person to say anything that sounds like the following:

"Pariahs are teh suck! Take Immortals!!!1!"

Will get slapped.

With that in mind, here's the list:

HQ
--
Necron Lord
- Resurrection Orb
- Warscythe
Total: 150 points

Elites
------
7 Pariahs
Total: 252 points

7 Flayed Ones
- Disruption Fields
Total: 147 points

7 Flayed Ones
- Disruption Fields
Total: 147 points

Troops
------
10 Necron Warriors
Total: 180 points

10 Necron Warriors

Fast Attack
-----------
3 Wraiths
Total: 123 points

3 Wraiths
Total: 123 points

Heavy Support
-------------
Heavy Destroyer
Total: 65 points

Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

I'd say everything is pretty self-explanatory. With the Wraiths' superior speed and the Flayed Ones' ability to Infiltrate, I should be able to tie up (and possibly destroy) at least 4 squads over the course of the battle. Heavy Destroyers for busting tanks, because Warriors and Flayed Ones with Disruption Fields alone aren't going to be able to do it, and a Lord with a Resurrection Orb and a Warscythe. If I could, I would've taken Gaze of Flame but that would put me a couple of points over.

Suggestions?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Looks to be a variation of the "Fear" list.. the only difference being, of course, the lack of the Deceiver C'tan.

Looks reasonably solid, but I don't like that many Wraiths, to be 100% honest... those points would be better spent on beefing up your Pariahs and Flayed Ones, IMO. Keep one squad, though.. I love Wraiths.

One thing really, though - put the Nightmare Shroud on the Lord.. and maybe even the Gaze of Flame. Will really help when used with Pariahs and Flayed Ones.

Nice list, though. :yes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I actually didn't see your Fear list until after I posted this - it definitely looks like an interesting concept and basically, I love Pariahs so I wanted to figure out an army based on them and then prove everyone at my local GW who thinks they suck wrong. Anyway, do you have any strategies/tactics for maneuvering the Pariahs? I plan on keeping them near my (small) Warrior phalanx in order to hold the center and support my Flayed Ones. As for the Flayed Ones, should they be infiltrating as usual or march with the rest of the army (considering that they are most effective with the Pariahs/Lord with Nightmare Shroud)?

EDIT: Revised my list to incorporate your suggestions. I'm not sure about the Disruption Fields, though - should I keep those?

HQ
--
Necron Lord
- Resurrection Orb
- Nightmare Shroud
- Gaze of Flame
Total: 185 points
(Added more Wargear)

Elites
------
8 Pariahs
Total: 288 points
(Expanded Unit)

10 Flayed Ones
(Expanded Unit, dropped Disruption Field)

9 Flayed Ones
Total: 162 points
(Expanded Unit, dropped Disruption Field)

Troops
------
10 Necron Warriors

10 Necron Warriors

Fast Attack
-----------
1 Wraith
Total: 41 points

1 Wraith

1 Wraith
(Dropped 1 Wraith Squad, split remaining Wraiths into groups of 1)

Heavy Support
-------------
Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

Total: 1493 points
Models: 54 (46 Necrons, Phase Out @ 12)

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Hmm. I really like this new version of the list - looks like it could hold it's own.

The only other suggestion I'd give is to drop 2 Flayed Ones from the squad of 10, and 1 Flayed One from the squad of 9 - giving you enough points to buy another Pariah. Since those Pariahs are the only squad there, you want enough to be able to survive a serious encounter with the enemy.

With the extra points, you could... I don't know. ;) Add a Flayed One back, if you wanted to, but I'm a fan of symmetrical units, so I wouldn't. That's just personal preference.

Besides that, I love the list. Very nice. I hope it goes over well!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
664 Posts
wowowowowo get pariahs,flayed one,and wraiths out,with the points get a mono or immortals!!pariahs suck seriously

·
Registered
664 Posts
wowowowowo get pariahs,flayed one,and wraiths out,with the points get a mono or immortals!!pariahs suck seriously

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*slaps svalene*

The whole point of this army is that it's supposed to be different. It's based around the Pariahs. They're supposed to be there. I know I could have taken a Monolith and some Immortals and made it just like every other army out there. However, I choose to have some fun with this and by all the gods, I'm going to have fun with it. Now, would you care to elaborate as to why Pariahs suck or do they just suck because someone told you so?

Oh, and I did say the first person to tell me to take out the Pariahs for Immortals would get slapped.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
svalene said:
Hm.. ever heard of "theme?" Apparently not.

Also, have you ever read the Pariah article? Also, apparently not.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say it. Simple as that.

You didn't even give any reasons for him to do what you suggested... start with that, next time, if you absolutely must pass on your "wisdom."

:sleep:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wraiths were my love back in the days of fighting IG...but then Marines came in...and it was all over. I like to see a cc oriented army that works well, and it may well have happened.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Indeed. Gotta keep those pariahs alive though, and keep them central to the army so the flayed ones and lord can benefit from their soulless ability.

One of the very few necron armies that can be succesful at CC, and you even did it without adding in Tomb Spyders or a Destroyer Lord. Though if you ever expanded the points I would suggest getting a Destroyer lord with 3 more wraiths to accompany him and a monolith. This unit can execute a first turn charge if placed properly(as in through the lith), giving your enemy something to worry about while your pariahs advance forward to get into the action. If you add to the list further throw in those TS's for nasty CC punch.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I do understand why your keeping your waiths in seperate squads but i would rather keep them in a squad to get wbb rolls.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
If you keep them within 6" of eachother they will still get the WBB, but will have to be targetted separatly, i've done this before...really erks the opponent.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sabe said:
If you keep them within 6" of eachother they will still get the WBB,
I probably shouldn't post about rules for an army I am just starting.:wacko:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts