Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to this game. I made this list not sure how it will work so all any any input would be great!

HQ

Hive Tyrant/Acid Maw,Toxin Sacs,Enhanced Senses,Lash Whip and Bonesword,Venom Cannon,and Warp Field
Broodlord/Enhanced Carapace,Adrenal Glands,Toxic Sacs,
11 Genestealers w/ Broodlord/11 Extended Carapace,11Toxin Sacs

Elites

3Warrior Broods/3Adrenal Glands,3Enhanced Senses,3 toxic sacs,2scythingtalons each,6total

32 Troops Hormagaunts Adrenal glands,extended carapace,toxic sacs

32 troops hormagaunts toxic sacs,adrenal glands:ninja:

So yeah thats it any and all tips would be nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
New at the tyranids myself, I still have to say thats a rather big HQ selection. I think you are better off with the tyrand and throw off the brood Lord and gets some more warriors for synapes and some Zoanthropes for some heavy fire power. I also have to say that the bonesword and lashwhip seem to be very unpopular, I'd rather take Scyting Talons but its still up to you.

Hope I helped :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Syriene said:
I am very new to this game. I made this list not sure how it will work so all any any input would be great!
Wll welcome to the game, I hope I can provide some insight.

Syriene said:
HQ

Hive Tyrant/Acid Maw,Toxin Sacs,Enhanced Senses,Lash Whip and Bonesword,Venom Cannon,and Warp Field

Broodlord/Enhanced Carapace,Adrenal Glands,Toxic Sacs,
11 Genestealers w/ Broodlord/11 Extended Carapace,11Toxin Sacs
This is a rather large HQ. I find that TS on Genestealers is useless as they have rending. The Broodlord doesnt need any of the extra goodie exept the EC. Hive Tyrant- Bone Sword and Lash whip are pretty useless IMO, try giving your Tyrant wings and 2 ST


Syriene said:
Elites

3Warrior Broods/3Adrenal Glands,3Enhanced Senses,3 toxic sacs,2scythingtalons each,6 total
Is this realy three broods of warriors or one brood of three?, Warriors are the ultimate when you want CC and shooting, give them some guns


Syriene said:
32 Troops Hormagaunts Adrenal glands,extended carapace,toxic sacs

32 troops hormagaunts toxic sacs,adrenal glands:ninja:
Those choises are rather big, split them up in to 4 squads of 16. Where are your spinegaunts?! You can't play Tyranids without Cannon Fodder! It's imoral! And the hormies are to pumped up, lower there cost

Syriene said:
So yeah thats it any and all tips would be nice.
Hope this helped

-Doom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
you need to decide who you want as your shock troops. If you go with hormies then you'll want to pump them up just a little, but the better approach IMO is to just use the basic units with no upgrades as genestealer delivery devices. They can tie up an army beautifully for just enough time to allow the real monsters of the tyranid codex to march up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
i think your HQ section is really very large i would suggest taking out the tyrant he is good but you need a huge beats-all-in-CC unit its very untyranid without it

i made this mistake in my last list no cannon fodder aka spine gaunts or terma gaunts and no zoan thrope

here is my suggestion drop the 2nd huge hormagaunt sqaud and the tyrant with the points get a carnifex you need a carnifex :yes: you also will want to give him a venom cannon for tanks a classic gunfex would be barbed strangler instant blast kill on almost all units yeah and then get a venom cannon for those armor 13+ tanks. dont forget enhanced senses for shooting. then get the spinegaunt cannon fodder.

so that my suggestion

peroids are for those who have time
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top