Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This army is for a fun game against Space Marines. I'm looking for thoughts on the army or ways to get more effective 'uge blasts into the army. It only has 2 troops choices, but I'm mainly concerned with blowing up the enemy than actucally taking objectives (I just want a fun, dakka army).

HQ
Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun and 'eavy armour 100

Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun and 'eavy armour 100

Elites
Tankbustas (8) 120

Tankbustas (7) 115

Lootas (5), 3 are meks and 1 grot oiler 85

Troops
Shoota Boys (30) including nob with boss pole and power klaw 220

Shoota Boys (30) including nob with boss pole and power klaw 220

Fast Attack
War Buggies (3) with twin linked rokkit launcha's 105

War Buggies (3) with twin linked rokkit launcha's 105

Heavy Support
Looted Wagon with boomgun and 'ard case 115

Looted Wagon with boomgun and 'ard case 115

Looted Wagon with boomgun 105

The plan is to move as little as possible while getting in range and blast the enemy to small pieces with whatever seems appropriate.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You should definitly drop the tankbustas. The Glory hogs rule makes them a real waste of points. Also, the dakka army might not work so well with a BS of 2, but hey, go ahead. Max out on lootas for dakka.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Where are the SAGs going? What's going to sit on objectives near your own deployment zone?

I'd solve both these problems with 1-2 units of 12-16 grots. They're great for grabbing objectives, babysitting an SAG, and/or screening for other units.

I'd drop the ard cases and instead give the boomguns a second gun. That way they aren't rendered useless by a 'weapon destroyed' result.

I also agree with Tyland. Although tankbustas aren't necessarily useless, they'll do nothing for you on foot. If you're not willing to spend a heavy support choice on a looted wagon for them, then I definitely wouldn't use them.

Lootas are great, but you really need 9 or more in the unit for them to be truly effective.

Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Played a battle with the army, but changed the tankbusta's for loota's and small gretchin squads. I was versing a Space Marine player who had no experience at all with Orks (which was good, as it was my first Ork game).

It started off well, I got first turn and all the big gunz did some damage (almost 20 marines in total) and the boyz moved up. His turn wasn't all that effective, but in my second turn disaster! BOTH my shokk attack gunz rolled double 1's for strength and took out the guns, most of the gretchin squads and a total of 9 loota's, leaving me in trouble.

I got lucky though and took out an entire terminator sqiad of 5 plus vulkan he'stan with a single round from 20 shoota boyz and managed to win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.