HQ
Librarian— Epistolary (Null Zone, Force Dome) *150
Troops
Tactical Squad (10 Strong) flamer//Missile launcher//Drop Pod *205
Scout Squad (5 strong+Telion) Heavy Bolter//4x sniper//Telion *135
Scout Squad (8 Strong) x8 sniper *114
Elites
Terminator Squad (5 man) x1 chain fists *205
SternGuard Veteran Squad (8 strong)—x2 combi-Flamer// x6 Combi-Meltas//Drop Pod *275
Dreadnought—Drop Pod//locator beacon *150
Fast Attack
Assault Squad (8 strong) Melta Bombs// Power Weapon *156
Land Speeder-- Assault Cannon *90

Tactics: Only Scout squads are fielded at beggining of the game.
First turn DreadNought and SternGuard Veterans get deep striked in via drop pods, on either left or right.
Then secound turn roll for reserves and place the units that come in 6" away from the dread noughts drop pod and then massacre enemy force with entire force on one of the enemy flanks.

·
3,395 Posts
First turn DreadNought and SternGuard Veterans get deep striked in via drop pods, on either left or right.
Then secound turn roll for reserves and place the units that come in 6" away from the dread noughts drop pod and then massacre enemy force with entire force on one of the enemy flanks.
Planetstrike reserves rules - half of your drop pods enter automatically on the first turn with everything else on 3+, you could end up with your entire force in on turn 1.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Planetstrike reserves rules - half of your drop pods enter automatically on the first turn with everything else on 3+, you could end up with your entire force in on turn 1.
where does it say that in the rules i have not seen that.
And this is prop a attacking force.
Also i jsut relized there is a expansion book named planet strike i did not know this i was looking at space marine army lists on GW and there was a list named planet strike so i named my army that. this list is ment just for competive playing with no expansions sorry for the confusion on my end.

·
3,395 Posts
Also i jsut relized there is a expansion book named planet strike i did not know this i was looking at space marine army lists on GW and there was a list named planet strike so i named my army that. this list is ment just for competive playing with no expansions sorry for the confusion on my end.
Ah, right - that explains a lot.

Edit - to continue, while not a regular SM player myself you list looks ... like a lot of units picked because you liked them rather than as a complementary force.

Everything is moving at a different speed and arriving seperately but your plan is to overwhelm a flank with superior numbers.
I'm not sure you'll be able to manage it without help from your opponent though, a dread and 8 marines is not a backbreaking first strike at 1500 and nothing in the other units will have any real impact for at least a turn after they arrive - you are really feeding units into a potential meatgrinder with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.