10 warriors 180 points

10 warriors 180 points

10 warriors 180 points

Fast attack:
4 destroyers 200 points

2 wraith 82 points
Heavy support:
1 monolith 235 points

i will basically make my lord use veil of darkness so he and the immortals can unleash 23 shots on the enemy.the destroyers will be giving off some good firepower on the flank.meanwhile my wraith will get into CC agaisnt things like devastators squad,broadsides and thing like that as fast as possible.at the same time my 34 warrior will get into 24 inches of the enemy and then they will begin shooting like crazy.but for my monolith i dunno what to do with him,there are 3 posibilities,they are:
-move up with the warriors,using the particle whip to do as much damage as he can
-DS in the middle of the enemy formation shooting the gauss flux arc and the particle whip to destroy everything close to me
-DS and instead of using a particle whip he will try to pull some necrons to it so they can rapid fire at the enemy.
what should i do?
oh and when you pull a unit of necron to the monolith do they count as having moved?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Res. orb! your lord must have this at all costs! drop a wraith for it.

Fairly standard list as you say but I would drop the last wraith (assuming you do the above) for two more warriors.

Otherwise great list!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did not think the orb would be very important because i was going to make him to VOB with the immortals to get behind enemy troops and since they all have a toughness of 5 only railguns can instakill them and they won't get in CC(shouldn't)so i don't care, about power weapons.so with the immortals orb is kind of useless.
can you answer the 2 question at the end of my post?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
The res. orb is invaluable if hit by demolishers shots and the like but you're probably right.

As for the questions:-

DS is very effective, i never use it as i don't have the nerve, against low uber weapon armies (such as marines- lascannons ha!). DS on the edges of the army and rip up the flanks, then teleport warriors in for support.

AS for the monolith, units being teleported count as getting out of a stationary vehicle. If you move within teleport range then teleport you may not move after. If you teleport a unit that hasn't moved they may move normally.

Queries about the monlith teleporting are in the faq, which can be found here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.