Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got the models for this list and will be planning on running a 1500 point version of the larger 2000 point one i have previously posted, so any advice on it would be much appreciated and valued... ok here it is....

HQ: farseer with fortune, doom, spirit stones, and runes of warding 145p
9 warlocks one has enhance, one has embolden 245p
waveserpent w/ shurken cannons and spirit stones 110p

Troops: 10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, defend and duel shurken catapults 167p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, defend and duel shurken catapults 167p

Elites: 5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, crackshot, and firepike 120p

5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, crackshot and fusion gun 112p

TOTAL: 1500 points

i know the troop count is low but it cant really be helped as i want everything in a serpent and beil tan oriented ( dire avengers)

thanks!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll give you my opinions.

I think seer councils are best on bikes, the serpent squad takes longer to get into combat and has less resilience. Mount em on bikes and cut back a little on the number of models to save points. Throw in at least 2 destructors, because they need an option for hordes.

Fire dragons are best fielded naked. Firepikes are only useful if the rest of the squad is too far away to get melta range or too far away to shoot at all. If you're in a situation like this, the squad is probably done for. Crack shot only affects one model in the entire squad, and tank hunters is usually unnecessary. And if you don't need any of the powers or the special weapon, the exarch is wasted points. You could drop him and afford almost a whole nother dragon.

Two dragon wagons is a bit of overkill for 1500 points. Drop one and pick up a new unit. Seer councils are amazing for dealing with vehicles, one squad of dragons should cover you for land raiders and such.

Defend is wasted points on dire avengers, if they get into a melee where the defend is needed, they're probably not coming out alive.

I'm not sure what you'd like to add in, but these are some ways to save points and maybe up your troop count.

·
Registered
13 Posts
An interesting list

I cant comment on the council, since i dont have any experience with them.
However the farseer might be a bit expensive(mines a simple doomseer), just my opinion.

As Midman said, defend isnt necessary on the DA's as they should be serpent of fury'ing and hopefully not get assaulted, however if they are assaulted its likely they will die anyway.

The dragon exarch also isn't needed for the reasons Midman said.
You may want to combine the squads, however a lot of people say this is overkill for tanks, it is, although thats not what i use 10 man fire dragon squad for, i use it as anti MC or anti MEQ.

With the left over points i would upgrade the waveserpent's weapons to EML these are my personal favorite and i beleive a lot of other players like them as well.

if you chose to combine the dragons this also saves as you dont need the other wave serpent. with my roughly calculations you;ll have ~150pts left for whatever you please.

Best of luck and also full meched armies are a lot of fun to play(even though i've only had 2 games so far).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you all for your replys and in many ways i agree with what you have said, i have taken what you have said into account and have made the following adjustments...

1500 point Mech Eldar (beil tan)

HQ: farseer with fortune, doom, spirit stones, and runes of warding 145p
9 warlocks one has enhance, one has embolden 245p
waveserpent w/ EML and spirit stones 125p

Troops: 10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, and duel shurken catapults 152p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, and duel shurken catapults 152p

Elites: 5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, and fusion gun 107p

5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, and fusion gun 107p

TOTAL: 1500 points

my reasons for keeping the tankhunters and large council are personal choices, they have done so well for me in the past, plus i tend to be unlucky with the dragons, i always roll 3s on the dam. chart so tank hunters is useful when rolling to destroy a vehicle ( it is so annoying when you dont destroy your intended target with dragons) also the main reason i have two squads of dragons is that usually their are termies inside a land raider, this way i can nuke both the raider and the termies inside in one turn. i have never tried EMLs but it is an exiting prospect ecspecialy when their is so much tank shock!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
List looks good and refined.

I'll be interested to see how your council goes, A lot of people use them, but i don't really have much desire for them atm. I'm currently wanting to master the whole assaulting from a waveserpent thing, but right now the excitement is more just laying down 3 flamer templates(tri flamers storm guardians).

I guess there inst much point in saying that the exarch's in the dragon squads arent really work there 27pts each for an extra BS and +1 AP roll. But i guess whatever works for you.

Also, your mention of tank shock, boy is it fun, against the right armies and in the right set up, it can be brutal, i tank shocked about 5 IG units off the board in my last game(storm guardian squad got torched to death by a platoon after burning some vetrens and a command).

Best of luck in your games mate.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey guys, i just had my first two games today and they both were a great sucsess! both of the wins were against respectable players and they were both close. the first battle was against my freind who was playing his all scout marine army for the first time, it was a great battle he killed all of my troops in my serpents and killed a serpent, and i killed 4 of his scout squads and his command squad, it was so intense we ended up losing track of the turns and played to the death, i won because his melta bombs could not hit my serpents and all of his missile launchers were gone! im glad my first win was against him because he is a great player and beating his unique army was a great experiance. the next player i faced played a chaos mech army, to start it off he seized the int. and destroyed one of my serpents along with 5 DA's, he ended up killing 2 DA squads, my farseer ( power fist ) , one fire dragon squad, and one serpent, i killed 3 rhinos, 2 vindicators, a 9 man squad of thousand sons, and a big 10 man chaos marine squad the match ended 5 kill points to 7 in my favor, mainly his rhinos screwing him in the end with their low armour. anyway he was a good player to and i enjoyed the match. overall i say my list performed well, thanks again for your guys advice, the EMLS had their moments and their whifs on equal ocasions but saved me a few times! anyway thanks again!!!!!

PS: oh and mechdar. seer the seer council did very well in the total of the two battles they racked up 5 kill points and killed over 500 points of guys ( not quite earning back their points but still)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good to hear of your victories mate. Sounds like they where fun.

Hopefully EML's grow on ya lol, they are a pretty sweet weapon IMHO.

Nice to hear your council done well, they are a pretty durable unit, and i imagine still put out a lot of hurt. I'm kinda tempted to try one out.

also how did you find the 2 5man dragon squads, was the exarch needed, did you make use of the extra serpent??

Well done again on the games.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the dragons did great they each killed a vindicator in the second battle and wiped a command squad in the first! the tank hunters again came in handy( i always roll 3's on the dam. chart and it happened again with one of the vindicators i rolled 2 2's and a 3!) so they worked well. i just had another couple battles today, once again the FD's rolled low but i still destroyed a leman russ demolisher due to tank hunters. i faced an IG player and the game went very badly for him as he had no experiance facing an army like mine ( plus his rolls were terrible) i also faced a chaos player, in capture and control mission, it was close but i seized victory at the end most of my serpents got destoyed by plasma pistols and guns, 2 were killed with plasma weapons and two were killed from lascannons on a raider after one of my dragon squads whiffed trying to kill it ( oh well it happens) he had a squad of chaos marines left with a mark of nurgle and i had a EML waveserpent, 10 DA's on my obj. and the seer council minus a few contesting his obj.

anyway you should try a council they are awsome!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts