Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, while not new at 40k, I am relatively new to Blood Angels.
Here is my 1500 point list, any suggestions would be welcome.

HQ

Dante, Lord of the Blood Angels
Mephiston, Lord of Death
- Both of these are with an Honor Guard with Jump Packs, Sanguinary Priest, most with Power swords, and 2 Flamers, as
well as the Blood Angels Chapter Banner

This unit is an absolute beast in combat. Mephiston can get up to 10 attacks, Dante has 7, and the rest have roughly 5 (during assault). Mephiston also has a force weapon, which can be used to kill extremely nasty monsters/commanders/carnifexes (the last one comes from experience :p). Dante allows all Blood Angels units within 12' to reroll all failed rolls to hit in close combat: this includes the upcoming Death Company.

Elites

Death Company
- 7 models with Jump Packs

Furioso Dreadnought
- Venerable, Death Company, with Drop Pod and Heavy Flamer

Troops

Assault Squad

Assault Squad

Heavy Support

Baal Preadator
- Pintle-Mounted Stom Bolter
- Hunter-Killer Missile
- Side Mounted Heavy Bolters/Heavy Flamers (cant decide which)

Basically, in this army, I advance up to my enemy, utilzing cover when I can, and keeping the assault squads in front of the Honor Guard unit for meat shields. The death company are behind them, with the honor guard directly behind. When near the enemy, the honor guard and DC will jet over the assault squads, shoot some units and then tear them up in close combat. The Dreadnought will drop near any trouble areas and flame/melt anything it needs to. The Baal Predator is to provide covering fire, destroy weak hordes, and generally draw fire.

Suggestions?

My other alternatives include Scout Squads with Snipers, a Devastator squad with 4 Lascannons, another Dreadnought (not bought yet), and/or more troops. I am not so sure about tactical squads, as they will most likely get shot to pieces before doing anything useful.

Another point is that we usually play on a somewhat small table (about 4' by 2'), and so getting close to the enemy should not be that much of a problem.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My concern would be your ability to take objectives in missions with only 2 troops. Two expensive characters might be too much for 1500 points, but it certainly makes a hard hitting unit or two? do they each have their own honour guard? A tactical squad might be nice to take objectives and the rhino can act as mobile cover for your jump packers.

cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. We mostly play Annihilation in my group, but I see your point about taking objectives. I could remove the Predator and shave some points off of other places and then get a 10 man tactical squad. Would that do it? I usually have one honor guard for Dante, and then Mephiston joins the unit. That way the honor guard essentially protects the two chacters until they get into combat, at which point nothing short of a veritable horde of orks or multiple carnifexes can stop them. I am slightly reluctant to remove one the characters because their synergy is very good. However, depending on the mission and who I am fighting, I could always remove Dante and replace him with another 10 man tactical squad. Then the Baal Predator could cover the assault troopers as you suggested. Sound better?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts