Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bad at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over my time playing I have played several different armies and have quit and sold my army and then bought another. However, my friends are playing more consistently now and I'd like to get back into playing. I plan on playing Dark Eldar and have written up a list (one for casual play) and have posted it below. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or constructive criticisms of my list. I'd appreciate it :)

HQ
• Asdrubael Vect (Dais of Destruction)…………………………...440 pts
• Urien Rakarth……………………………………………………190 pts
Troops
• 10 Kabalite Warriors (1 blaster and 1 splinter cannon……….….115 pts
• (Same)……………………………………………………………115 pts
• Raider (Splinter racks, flicker field)……………………………..80 pts
Elites
• 5 grotesques (5 point Urien buff each and 1 liquifier)…………...210 pts
• 5 Incubi (Klaivex, demiklaives, blood stone, onslaught)………... 175 pts
Heavy Support
• Razorwing (Flicker field, 4 necrotoxin missles)………………….175 pts

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi from what i can see the army is a littel incorect, to have the dais of destruction must start the game with vect and 9 other units in side and you dont have any 9 man units.
Nexed vect (who is a pro killer) realy shouldnt be in an army this small, and the dais definetly shouldnt be in it, because with the list buit right then it will come up to more then 500 points which is 1/3 of your points limit which could be shoot down first turn.
you should get all of your units in raiders

·
Registered
724 Posts
I voted really bad, none of our units should be walking, our speed is our strenght, by the time you walk across the board you will be shot to bits.
The army as a whole lacks anti-mech.

Some of the squads are point heavy, vect should never be played in points under 2000pts, too large a point sink, he won't help your army unless you have enough units to play a proper alpha strike(first turn army) and a decent squad to protect him, wracks and grotesques usually fill this roll.
The dias is a terrible choice, although thats changing in 6th, at the minute can take no raider upgrades meaning if you move it can only shoot one weapon, has no flicker field and you need a 9 man squad with vect there as [MENTION=85552]kidj[/MENTION] mentioned. You could get 2 ravagers at the same price, more shooting and all weapons can shoot when moving 12" with the ravagers.

If you like grotesques you should only take 3-4(i prefer 3 now), one with liquifier, one normal, one abberation with weapon of choice(flesh gauntlet is usually weapon of choice), urien and then an extra heamie with VB and liquifier. This allows for a mixed squad to apply wounds to make your squad more survivable and hits like a ton of bricks, include a raider and they have the speed to get them where they need to be, on your enemy 2nd turn, also squad is now fearless. If your familiar with mixed wound allocation squads you should visualise how this works, if not ask on forum, there's quite a bit to explain with this squad.

Urien is a good choice, but needs an army built around him, at the moment you have 2 tokens on urien and grotesques, if he rolls 3, then 2 tokens are now wasted. I suggest 2 wrack squads both with 2 liquifiers and raiders(urien type army), fairly cheap and deadly at 200pts, with raider and FF

The incubi are pretty decent in 5 man squads, you really don't need the upgrades, place them on a venom, they can take a 10 man squad of marines down a peg or two on their own, may take them two turns, but they are very good at what they do once they reach combat, klaivex upgrades are unecessary and expensive, cept maybe the flamer, but you don't want to kill the squad on the charge due to return fire, ultimately you want to kill or break the squad on your opponents turn.

The razorwings standard missiles are fine, the necrotoxin missiles seem good but when using a razorwing right, as in reserving and then shooting all missiles at one squad, or clump of squads surrounding that one squad when it arrives, you won't fair much better. its not a bad upgrade, just unecessary, keep it cheap.

Warrior squads are fine, just need raider for 2nd one. though in this instance with urien i would run wracks instead of warriors.

Even as a list for casual play it won't stand up to much, you lack crucial ranged shooting and have to foot slog across the table, something us DE should never do, i'm not sure how meched up your local is, i find it hard to believe that this list would play well there, although i could be wrong, people who play for fun take weird lists like this all the time, which do add an element of fun. There's no synergy in your army, its as if you went through the codex and chose units you liked instead of units that work together. I would avoid characters completely at 1500pts and take heamies and possibly a succubus or cheap archon.

Reactions: paulofrosty

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you like grotesques you should only take 3-4(i prefer 3 now), one with liquifier, one normal, one abberation with weapon of choice(flesh gauntlet is usually weapon of choice), urien and then an extra heamie with VB and liquifier. This allows for a mixed squad to apply wounds to make your squad more survivable and hits like a ton of bricks, include a raider and they have the speed to get them where they need to be, on your enemy 2nd turn, also squad is now fearless. If your familiar with mixed wound allocation squads you should visualise how this works, if not ask on forum, there's quite a bit to explain with this squad.
I understand mixed wound allocation, but not so much with this squad. Could you provide me with a link to a thread where this is already explained?

Also, thank you for your response.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Reactions: paulofrosty
1 - 6 of 6 Posts