Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an army that i plan to use as the defenders in a Bunker Assault Scenario. The attackers will be GK. The basic plan is to have only one external bunker entrance, which will be at the rear of a complex of bunkers, and to make him fight his way through several bunkers (where I will strike first) in order to claim enough to win.The rear bunker will be guarded by the scouts. After that will be the command squad, in a bunker that is hidden from shooting (middle bunker). The tactical squads will occupy the front (3) bunkers, and the vehicles will be obscured on the roof, which have ramps leading on to them, and low walls around the outside. The Land Speeder is for HQ/Vehicle control if necessary. The complex looks like this:

[][][]
/ [] \
. []
(The bunkers are lined up better, and the slashes represent ramps.)

The list is:

HQ​
261 Master, with power weapon, bolt pistol, Terminator honours and bionics.
Retinue of ten marines with bolt pistols and close combat weapons.
Elites​
173 Venerable Dreadnought with twin-linked Lascannon, missile launcher, tank hunter skill,
extra armour, and smoke launchers
Troops​
200 Ten Marines, one plasma gun, one missile launcher, true grit and counterattack skills.
200 Ten Marines, one melta gun, one missile launcher, true grit and counterattack skills.
200 Ten Marines, one melta gun, one missile launcher, true grit and counterattack skills.
135 Ten scouts, one with heavy bolter
Fast Attack
65 Landspeeder with multi-melta
Heavy Support
133 Predator Destructor with lascannon sponsons, extra armour and smoke launchers
133 Predator Destructor with lascannon sponsons, extra armour and smoke launchers

1500 Points, 55 Models

Any suggestions in terms of list changes and tactics would be great.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
I think the Master isn't worth it, use a Chaplain or a Libbie you get a lot more for your points. I reccomend a Chaplain with Jump Pack, BP, FG and normal gear with a 10 man Assault Squad with Plasma Pistols, use this to counter attack when you need to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have Five jump pack equipped models.

I'm hesitant to take infantry units that start out of bunkers as well, as even a ten man assault squad is easy picking for GK, what with them having Assault 2 Weapons, and Str 6 close combat attacks, plus if they're in a bunker, they'll go first no matter what.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
great list i'd split the scouts into 2 five man squads though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.