Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Point Death Korps of Krieg Army

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Triorchin 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about getting into the game, but before I do so, I wanted to display my proposed army for review/criticism/flaming/"coffee." Here goes:

Heavy Support - (545pts)

Basilisk

Leman Russ Battle w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hull Lascannon, & Extra Armour

Leman Russ Battle w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hull Lascannon, & Extra Armour

Knight Commander Pask -esque unit.

Infantry - (645pts)

Basic Death Korps of Krieg 10 & Commissar w/ Grenade Launcher, Krak Grenades

Basic Death Korps of Krieg 10 & Commissar w/ Grenade Launcher, Krak Grenades

Storm Troopers 10 w/ 2 Meltas

Storm Troopers 10 w/ 2 Flamers

Heavy Weapons Squad 2 H. Bolter & Lascannon

Transport - (240pts)

Chimera H. Bolter, Hull H. Bolter, Pintle S. Bolters, & Extra Armour

HQ - (70pts)

Lord Commissar

TOTAL: 1500pts

Any advice would be nice. Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
This belongs in the army list section.

If you're using DK from the Imperial Armour volumes, then I'm not familiar enough with them to help you.

If you're using DK based from the new IG codex, then your list is illegal. Assuming your basic DK counts as veterans, then you cannot take a heavy weapon squad.

Assuming your basic DK counts as an infantry platoon, then you need a platoon command squad and you need another troop choice there.

#4 ·
OK, first I wouldn't put 1 lascannon and 2 heavy bolters in 1 heavy weapons squad. If you shoot at infantry the lascannon will be wasted, if you shoot at tanks then the heavy bolters can't hurt anything over AV11 so keep them focused and use either 3 heavy bolters or 3 lascannons.

Also as has been mentioned your troops selection is illegal. To have the heavy weapon squad you must have a platoon which consists of 1 platoon command squad and at least 2 infantry squads. The stormtroopers are also Elites, however you could use them as Veterans with the grenadiers doctrine, you would lose the AP3 lasguns but would be able to get a 3rd special weapon per squad and a BS4 heavy weapon.

I would drop the krak grenades on the basic squads, drop one of the commissars and get a third squad (plus the required platoon command squad) without a commissar and merge the three basic squads, equip the commissar and sergeants with power weapons and use them as a tarpit if possible.
The stormtroopers I would use as veterans and stick them in the chimeras with 3 meltas to drive up to tanks and destroy them.

Possibly keep the Lord Commissar and attach him to the large mass of basic guardsmen and stick the heavy weapons in the chimera, or replace him with a company command squad in the third chimera and find a nice bit of cover to deploy the heavy weapons squad in.

Heavy support looks OK, although I'm more of a fan of basic russes with just the hull heavy bolter, but then I have las sentinels and melta vets in chimeras to deal with tanks.

Hope this helps.

#6 ·
Accolades and Awards all Around

Thank you, Riptor, for moving this, I was actually about to delete and start over.

And thank you for the advice, Swamp_slug. I do realize now why the squad is illegal: the heavy weapons teams need to take 2 troops from each 10 man unit, and I don't have enough troops to meet legal requirements. I have developed a new list that is in line with the rules, though I do not yet know how to view the list without the army builder program, a snafu on my part. I will update it when I get my greasy meathooks on it.

#8 ·
No you can take 3 heavy weapons in a squad, but they would have to be in an infantry platoon. each infantry platoon counts as 1 troop choice and contains at least 1 platoon command squad and 2 units of 10 troops, to this you can add heavy weapon squads and special weapon squads.

Unless your using a special rule set(Im talking about the IG codex.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.