Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1500 point army. please give me advice on how to kill space marines, Tau, and Necrons. ( my most played opponents)

HQ 1 Farseer w/singing spear, guide, mind war 103 pts
1 Asurmen 137 pts
Troops 8 Striking Scorpions 128 pts
6 Fire Dragons 102 pts
6 Howling Banshees 102 pts
8 Dire Avengers 96 pts
5 Dark Reapers 148 pts
Elites 10 guardians w/Starcanon heavy wpns platform 130 pts
10 guardians w/starcannon havy wpns platform 130 pts
6 Rangers 114 pts
Heavy support 2 D-cannon support weapon batterys 100 pts
1 Falcon Grav Tank w/holo-field, Spirit Stone, and Star engines 190 pts

This is approximently 1,500 so it may not be exact I will put the Banshees in the Falcon ;)
any advice would be great :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
That army will easily destroy SM and necrons (although some more banshees instead of scorps would help)
Against tau (i hate tau) you may struggle a bit.
They have so much firepower. Off the top of my head i think a pulse rifle (standard tau gun) has ap4 which could cause a bit of trouble.
So when fighting tau i would say more scorps.
Outshooting them is pointless as it won't work although reapers should be able to take out crisis teams - which must be done quickly.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You Farseer might benefit more from Fortune than Mindwar, but that's just my opinion. I never use Guide, too expensive for my tastes.

This looks like it would work pretty well vs. the specified armies. Maybe a few more Guardians would help, keeping those 50 point Starcannons alive is one of my Eldar force's priorities. Tau probably would bother you quite a bit, especially on a large table. Swooping Hawks would be able to incapacitate an annoying pack of Crisis Suits or Broadsides.

Tau rifles will mess up Guardians (they are AP5). But most Aspect Squads can take the fire pretty well. A Fortuned squad of Scorpions/Banshees will mess up Fire Warriors.

Vs. Marines or Necron, more Dark Reapers will win you the game. If possible (I'm not sure on squad limitations,) take as many Dark Reapers as you can afford vs. armies with base trooper saves of 3+.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i play eldar, ulthwe and biel tan, and im telling you, against sm, tau, and necrons your rangers are pointless, they wont hurt space marines or necs, and theyll be out shot by tau, so drop them, next you should drop 2 of the scorps and add another falcon (scorps cant fleet of foot, so they will probably get shot down) and i wouldnt put swooping hawks because the enemy (if hes good) will see their potential and shoot them down quickly. do you plan to have asurmen in the dire avenger squad? if so, drop a guy or 2 and give him defend to help him stay alive, because hes a special character and he'll take a lot of fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.