Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bash at any sort of 40k army and I figured why not join the almighty WAAGH?

Big Mek 130

Power klaw
Kustom Force Field
cybork body
'eavy armour
boss pole

Lootas X 11 210

Boyz X 29,Nob X1 280

Stikkbombs
Shootas
rokkit launcha X3
Power Klaw
bosspole

Boyz X 29,Nob X1 280

Stikkbombs
Shootas
rokkit launcha X3
Power Klaw
bosspole

Deffkoptas x3 135

TL Rokkit launcha X3

Deff Dread 90

Scorcha X2
grot riggers

Killa Kans X3 150

Grotzooka X3
grot riggersx3

Battle Wagon 205

Killkannon
Deff Rolla
Kannon
Big Shoota X2
Rokkit Launcha X2
Grot riggers

GRAND TOTAL: 1480

The deffcoptas are there to infiltrate and hopefully smash a transport or two. the lootas and Big Mek ride around in the battlewagon and provide a big target so the boyz can run and smash things up, and the deff dread and killa kans make short work infantry and just about anything a blast template can fit on.

Tell me what you think and i really want some criticism.
thanks in advance :beer:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Big Mek Power klaw Kustom Force Field cybork body 'eavy armour boss pole

++Good unit, excellent for that 5+ cover save.

Lootas X 11 210

++Your points are off, but its a good unit. Recalculate the points to add more to your list. Also consider (depending on enemy and cover) to split these into two units so you CAN split fire and your opponent HAS to.

Boyz X 29,Nob X1 Stikkbombs Shootas rokkit launcha X3 Power Klaw bosspole

++Eh... personally, stikkbombs are a waste. Orks have such low initiative and rely on numbers, save the points add numbers. Also, drop the rokkits from the squad and use the points elsewhere. You need to run Ork Boyz forward (unless they are shoota) and so they won't shoot anyways.

Boyz X 29,Nob X1 Stikkbombs Shootas rokkit launcha X3 Power Klaw bosspole

++Same thing as above.

Deffkoptas x3 135

++These have the rokkits and are a good unit. Consider splitting them into 3 "Different squads" again so the defender has to split fire.

Deff Dread Scorcha X2 grot riggers

++Honestly, it hasn't done me too much, BUT, i love the model and why not? At the least, its a fire distraction for the enemy, and at best, they forget about it because of how slow it is and it kills their wriathlord when it finally hits home....

Killa Kans X3 Grotzooka X3 grot riggersx3

++Drop the grot riggers. Killa kans aren't as crucial to get into CC as the Deff Dread, and the grotzooka will be your main focus. You can keep them if you want, but otherwise thats 15 points to put somewhere else.

Battle Wagon Killkannon Deff Rolla Kannon Big Shoota X2 Rokkit Launcha X2 Grot riggers

++Heres my thoughts, if you want the ordnance weapon, get the looted wagon with boomgun. Its far cheaper, and quite frankly, just as reliable (though the vehicle might not be... hmm...) Also, Figure out what you want to do. Do you want this to move towards the enemy? Then keep a couple light weapons (maybe a big shoota or a single rokkit) and keep the kannon, and then you can use the deff rolla too. If you want to sit back and shoot, keep the kannon, and make all 4 others rokkits. Leave it sitting still and fire all your weapons. My suggestion? Drop all the weapons besides a Kannon and 2 rokkits, and push it towards the enemy with some nobz inside. (Get those nobs from the points I saved you to total around 1500.

GRAND TOTAL: 1480

I think I saved you a couple hundred points to throw into a Nob Squad for your Mek/Battlewagon to go with. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts