Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly think an army with 9 vypers can have potential if used right. You can potentially get 7 strength 6 shots per vyper so you are looking at 63 of these monster shots per turn. How could that not decimate troops!?!?! the vyper is a lightweight cheap craft to use but it is insanely fast. They can be anywhere on the table in an instant and the are low key enough to not draw attention to your more hardcore units on the table. I think best of all is they will harass and harass all game long. I am toying with a mech list to see what a 9 vyper army will look like and i would love to hear opinions of everyone. Even if you think it would not work i want to see a list where it does!!!

Also been toying with 9 vypers and a 9 warwalker list but thats for a different day :pirate:

Here we go:

HQ
Farseer fortune, guide 105pts

Troop
x10 Dire Avengers 120pts

x10 Dire Avengers 120pts

x10 Dire Avengers 120pts

Wave Serpent twin Bright Lance 135pts

Fast

3x Vypers Scatter lasers, S Cannons 210pts

The serpents could prolly use some upgrades, but this is 1500pts total i think maybe ditching a squad of dire avengers and their serpent could give room for upgrades and a falcon or fire prism, but 30 high speed troops would be great for those objective games and such. Having all of these fast vehicles shooting around everywhere in misleading random direction i think would be enough just to screw with peoples heads, they wont be able to figure out what is going on until they have nothing left from being shot all game.

Im open to ideas thanks guys!

·
1,273 Posts
Is workable but you need more antitank so your vypers have what to kill. i`m not sold on 24" guns if you want to use as firebase the vypers. Need a little testing but i really feel you need more antitank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if you dropped one of the avenger units to through in some more tank killy, like a falcon?

So the change would be -1 avenger squad, -1 wave serpent so -255pts

Add in a Falcon w bright lances which is 145pts then with the extra you can throw a AT weapon on throughout the vyper squads and add upgrades where needed to the vehicles

·
1,273 Posts
I actually do this (thinking that 1500 points is too low for 3x3 vypers)

3 Vyper (Fast Attack) @ 200 Pts
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (x2) Scatter Laser (x3)

3 Vyper (Fast Attack) @ 200 Pts
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (x2) Scatter Laser (x3)

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 120 Pts
Runes of Warding; Fortune; Guide

10 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 240 Pts
1 Wave Serpent @ [120] Pts
TL Missile Launchers

10 Dire Avengers (Troops) @ 255 Pts
1 Wave Serpent @ [135] Pts
TL Bright Lances

1 Fire Prism (Heavy Support) @ 115 Pts

1 Fire Prism (Heavy Support) @ 115 Pts

10 Guardian Storm Squad (Troops) @ 255 Pts
Fusion Gun (x2)
1 Warlock Singing Spear Enhance

1 Wave Serpent @ [120] Pts
TL Missile Launchers

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 1500.....

or go all te way and make it a S6 spam (at least 100 shots per turn)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts