Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a list i have found is very effective against marine players but will generaly work against anyone but im looking for ideas to refine it so any help will be appreciated

HQ

command squad
-2 plasma guns

Elites

Ratlings
+ 5 ratlings

Troop

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

Fast attack

Bane wolf

Heavy Support

leman russ Battle tank

leman russ battle tank and demolisher (held in reserve usualy)

medusa

total:1415

the reason i leave those points open is i add different upgrades to the tanks depending on the scenarios and of course if anyone has a suggestion on a better way to burn them it would be apreciated. the meltaguns in the chimeras allow for alot of flexibility i can run em up next to enemy vehicles and fire off 3 melta shots or in annhilation games use them to protect my template throwing armor from deep strike enemies

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a few pointers...the CCS should always have 4 special weapons and if all your units are in chimeras then the CCS should also be in a chimera. Ratlings in my opinion are kinda poop. 5 ratlings on average will allocate 1.67 wounds per turn and considering opponent saves, thats not very good. Also squading vehicles in 1500pts is not good. There are so many options, let me try.

CCS
-4x plasma
Chimera
Heavy flamer, multilaser

Veteran Squad
-3x plasma
Chimera
Heavy flamer, multilaser

Veteran Squad
-3x melta
Chimera
Heavy flamer, multilaser

Veteran Squad
-3x melta
Chimera
Heavy flamer, multilaser

Veteran Squad
-3x melta
Chimera
Heavy flamer, multilaser

Hellhound

Hellhound

LR Battle Tank

LR Battle Tank

Medusa

Total: 1495

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i see where your coming from with that advice, instead of two battle tanks maybe 1 battle tank and 1 demolisher? i really like having a s10 ap2 template weapon as it insta deaths almost all enemy units and since many players like to charge an IG line the range doesnt make too much of a difference, and i do have to ask why hellhounds instead of bane wolfs? but again thanks for the advice and i will definintly be putting the ccs in a chimera now

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
HQ

command squad
-2 plasma guns
Ok, first off you need to give these guys 4 special weapons. I recommend 4 meltas. Secondly, an Astropath is almost mandatory. I'd seriously consider a Fleet Officer too.

Elites

Ratlings
+ 5 ratlings
These are crap, drop 'em.

Here's why:

the back 40k: Why Snipers Aren't Competitive

Troop

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera

veteran squad
-3x meltagun
-chimera
These are good, but make sure you put heavy flamers on the Chimera hulls. If you have the points to spare, consider giving one (and only one) of these units plasmas. They're useful for guarding an objective and/or coming in from reserve to smack something.

Fast attack

Bane wolf
I prefer Hellhounds, as I believe the 12" range of the inferno cannon trumps the AP3 of the chem cannon. Additionally, I almost always put multi-meltas on their hulls to give them role duality.

Heavy Support

leman russ Battle tank

leman russ battle tank and demolisher (held in reserve usualy)

medusa
NEVER squadron Russes in a game this small. So drop a Russ and go with a 2nd Hellhound instead.

You'll also need another long-range anti-tank unit. Your meltas are great up close, but at 1500 points you need to be able to pop at least 3 enemy transports on the first turn. Between the 2 remaining Russes and the Manticore, you've currently got the ability to reliably pop about 2. Three maybe, if your enemy bunches up for the Manticore. But don't rely on him being stupid. Manticores also aren't so good when you need to hammer a monstrous creature up close.

So I'd drop the Manticore and add some Autocannon Scout Sentinels, Hydras (2 for 150 pts), or a Vendetta to cover this. Then put a Lascannon on the Vanilla Russ.

total:1415

the reason i leave those points open is i add different upgrades to the tanks depending on the scenarios and of course if anyone has a suggestion on a better way to burn them it would be apreciated.
Don't do this, it's called list-tailoring and is considered unsportsmanlike. Instead come up with an all-comers list and play at least 6-10 games with it before you make any changes. That will force you to think about your tactics instead of just your army list. Which will make you a better player.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i do intend to take your advice on the rats and the russ since ive now heard that twice, i dont actually list tailor during a tournament of course since that will get you thrown right out and before i go to the shop for a night i always just decide on how to spend the points rather then cheat and change them per player as you said it's a load of crap, i will indeed be putting multi meltas on the hull of at least one chimera and the bane wolf. and as always thanks a million for the advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.