Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO! I'm pretty new to SOB's, I have about 4000 points of necrons and I wanted a new army, I take top 3 in my local tourneys with the crons' and I really thought sisters would be a nice step away from the bland-ness of necrons.

I don't recall the points for the individual models (it totals to 1499)

HQ:
Inquisitor Lord w/
Power Stake, and Bolter-Plasma Combi Gun
Acolyte x3 W/ Plasma Gun
Veteran Guardsmen x3 W/ Plasma Gun
Chirigon x2
Sage x2
[Considering dropping one of the retinue to put them all in a Chimera]

Troops:
SOBx10 one upgraded to veteran, no special weapons
SOBx10 one upgraded to veteran, no special weapons
Guardsmenx10 one veteran, no special weapons
Guardsmenx10 one veteran, no special weapons

Heavy Support:
Exorcistx1 w/ Searchlight & extra armor
Exorcistx1 w/ Searchlight & extra armor
Leman Russx1 w/ Searchlight, hunter killer, & extra armor

Elites:
Callidus Assassin x1

Fast Attack:
Seraphimx10 one upgraded to veteran, 2xmeltabombs, 10x sariass

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! what do you think..?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the Army-list section? Anyway, even more bad news, this list is not legal. For the Leman Russ you'll need 2 IG troop choices, that is 2 platoons or 2 mechs. The platoon consists of 20-50 guardsmen, it says 2 to 5 units and a platoon leader (read: junior officer). Alternatively you could fit the guardsmen in Chimeras and make 'em Armored Fists.

The Seraphim squad is too big keep 'em 6-8 model only as it will be much easier to keep away from getting shot. Giving the sarissas to you seraphim is 1)not necessary as it only gives bonus to normal bolters and 2)not legal as it is not (yet?) a squad upgrade. And i think you have to give the whole unit grenades if you give any of them, just as a point with the meltas.

Otherwise the army looks quite nice, I like the twin-Exorcists and Russ-combo in 1500pts :rofl. Fix those problems and start gaming.. You'll soon find your own changes to fit your own gaming style..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't this be in the Army-list section? Anyway, even more bad news, this list is not legal. For the Leman Russ you'll need 2 IG troop choices, that is 2 platoons or 2 mechs. The platoon consists of 20-50 guardsmen, it says 2 to 5 units and a platoon leader (read: junior officer). Alternatively you could fit the guardsmen in Chimeras and make 'em Armored Fists.

The Seraphim squad is too big keep 'em 6-8 model only as it will be much easier to keep away from getting shot. Giving the sarissas to you seraphim is 1)not necessary as it only gives bonus to normal bolters and 2)not legal as it is not (yet?) a squad upgrade. And i think you have to give the whole unit grenades if you give any of them, just as a point with the meltas.

Otherwise the army looks quite nice, I like the twin-Exorcists and Russ-combo in 1500pts :rofl. Fix those problems and start gaming.. You'll soon find your own changes to fit your own gaming style..
First off -- sorry about the army list thing, I wasn't sure where to put it as i'm new on these forums.
Secondly, thanks for pointing out the illegal points in my army, i'm -very- new to using sisters, and i've never used Imp Guard. I'll revise this when I get a chance, and put it in the proper forum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No problem, sorry I always miss these kind of thing... Welcome to LO!!! I like to see your results and will be positive to give response when the work is done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No problem, sorry I always miss these kind of thing... Welcome to LO!!! I like to see your results and will be positive to give response when the work is done.

What is the point cost for a full platoon of guardsmen? The internet is not my friend today...
Also, should I split the seraphim into 2 squads of 5, all with melta-bombs?

Lastly, where can I get immolator bitz? I'm proxying forward mounted missle-pods on whirlwinds as exorcists, GW hates my local store :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
A simple way to make almost good immolators would be to convert a Rhino with some WH-symbols and making a turret out of plastic card and some Heavyflamers or perhaps the flamers from the IG guardsman box. maybe some bits from a Chimera. Only the imagination will stop you. For the Exorcist, I've designed my own version which I'm going to make a how to do on as soon as I find time. I've used parts of the Razorback model and the Whirlwind.. A Guard platoon makes z'bout 160 points, that's a min cost. Then there will be uppgrades.
I would completely stay out of melta bumbas for the Seraphims.. make them approx 7 models, two hand flamers and the veteran with an Eviscerator (the 2 handed chainfist).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A simple way to make almost good immolators would be to convert a Rhino with some WH-symbols and making a turret out of plastic card and some Heavyflamers or perhaps the flamers from the IG guardsman box. maybe some bits from a Chimera. Only the imagination will stop you. For the Exorcist, I've designed my own version which I'm going to make a how to do on as soon as I find time. I've used parts of the Razorback model and the Whirlwind.. A Guard platoon makes z'bout 160 points, that's a min cost. Then there will be uppgrades.
I would completely stay out of melta bumbas for the Seraphims.. make them approx 7 models, two hand flamers and the veteran with an Eviscerator (the 2 handed chainfist).
Not a bad idea, but i'm trying to come up with a list for a 1500 point game, 3 games, no list changing.
What i'm looking to do is overwhelm people, I did that with my necrons by running extremely monolith heavy.
my 1000 point necron list is...

destroyer lord with warscythe
2 monoliths
20 warriors
thats it, it did EXTREMELY well, people try to play way too balanced, and that doesnt work over a range of games.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a sticky sisters of battle mech tactica at the top of this forum. You might look there to get a better idea of how the units work together in a witch hunter army. ;Y

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Sisters with no special weapons aren't going to prove much. A single seraphim is a melta gun and heavy flamer for a sister squad. Which is more effective, 10 seraphim.. or 8 seraphim and properly equipped sister squads?

If you plan to grow the force, a single Immolator kit comes with more than enough bits to build a Sister's Rhino and convert your whirlwinds to convincing exorcists. There's a lot of bits on that sprue. Also if you add an 'official' exorcist model to your collection, it comes with the entire immolator sprue and you only need the big piece that sits on top to make the exo kit. I'm very happy with the rhino conversions I've been able to do with a bit of plasticard and leftover immolator bits, I'll toss a picture up when I get home.

If you're looking for the minimum cost (in points, not $$$ =) ) to get a Leman Russ on the board, two armored fist squads are more efficient than infantry platoons.

Can't say I'd be too intimidated by a game where the entirety of my mission objectives is to kill 16 necrons.. =)

Edit: Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes I agree with Affe, you'll need some special weapons for those sisters. As they are wandering would recommend to give them meltas, or maybe flamer-heavy flamer combo, don't mix flamers and meltas as it won't quite as effective. And, yes, with one of those Immolator kits you could make almost the whole tank force more sistery, with some imagination and a nice paint job you won't even need those extra bits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya all things taken into account... I'll probably just buy another immolator :p

revamping those squads is gonna be fun lol...

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Here ya go, sorry for the delay. Been over at the club purging Xenos

http://www.librarium-online.com/showcase/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=19983

I was referring to the WIP one that still needs a bit of finishing on the paint job (as has for who knows how many months now... ararargh)

There's really not a lot of work to it. The rear hatch just uses the Whirlwind/Razorback version and put the unused round Fluer hatch into it. On the front I shaved down the raised area a bit where the holes for the standard hatches are, took off the rivets etc. Then cut a piece of plasticard to fit over and made new rivets for it. Attach the hatch-with-sister and viola! I built little shrines into the side of my exos, so I had the spare door icon for that side as well. Wild rose is done in GS.

If I do another one I will probably take some time to shave off the bottom of the hatch-with-sister in. It sits a little higher than I would like. There are obviously way more spare icons and bits and things off a sprue than just that. I just don't like my models to look too 'busy'

Man macro mode is merciless on your painting....

Edit: also, I like that conversion because I love the look of the drum fed bolters =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts