1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hive Tyrant - Rending Claws, Venom Cannon, Implant Attack
....2 Tyrant Guards - Lash Whip, Rending Claws, Spineshield

Lictor - Rending Claws, Scything Talons, Flesh Hooks

3 Warriors - 6 Scything Talons, 2 Deathspitters, Barbed Strangler, Extended Carapace

2x 8 Genestealers - Scything Talons

2x 8 Termagants - Fleshborers

2x 8 Hormagaunts - Scything Talons

The Red Terror

Carnifex - Rending Claw, Scything Talon, Extended Carapace

Zoanthrope - Warpfield, Warp Blast

3 Raveners - Deathspitter, Devourer, Spinefist

Roughly 1500 points. How does she look?

·
Registered
43 Posts
tyranids main strength are troops, and by troops i mean TROOOOOOOOOOPS!!!, lol. if u know what i mean, so i dont think i like this list, it may be good when u play it (which i doubt), but u need to follow your teams background, TROOPS!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
From my experience fighting tyranids, purity of purpose is the key to an effective army. If you are going for fast close combat and loads of troops, go all out. If you are going for what a friend of mine calls the "hive fleet colossus" - lots of monstrous creatures, then sink your points into as many as possible. From what I see, your army tries to be a jack of all trades: a little fast assault, a little tank busting, a little ranged attack. And you know that a jack of all trades is a master of none.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but its also much more adaptable to a situation. I played a meat grinder against Dark Angels today. The Hormagaunts took down plenty marines in CC and the Zoanthrope and Tyrant shot down a Dreadnought and took down a Vindicator. The termagants took out 2 Landspeeder Typhoons.

It was pretty close game untill my opponent rolled a 2 on the fifth turn for the game to end. Also, he deployed his units in 2nd floor ruined buildings so I couldn't charge him... :angry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
One thing I wish to point out -- your hive tyrant has been given rending claws upgrade. why i ask? hive tyrants are tyranid monstrous creatures, so they ignore armoursaves in HTH and roll 2D6 AP against vehicles in HTH anyway. why pay extra points?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.