Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1500 point army which I am planning on running from now on.

HQ: 353

Eldrad. 210

farseer, spirit stones, doom, fortune, runes of witnessing, singing spear. 143

Elites: 215

5 fire dragons. 80
Wave Serpent, eldar missile launcher, shuriken cannon, star engines. 140

Troops: 697

10 dire avengers, exarch, bladestorm, dual shuriken catapults. 152
Wave serpent, bright lance, star engines. 150

6 pathfinders. 144

10 storm guardians, 2 flamers, warlock with enhance.136
Wave serpent, shuriken cannon, star engines. 115

Fast Attack: 0

Heavy support: 230

fire prism. 115

fire prism. 115

Total points. 1500

The idea is that I use eldrads divination to redeploy my army where the enemy is weakest. Then I fortune my 3 serpents and turbo 36 inches forward, where i unload and unleash hell. The pathfinders take care of all the montrous creatures and the prisms focus fire against the exposed units.

Please point out my armies weak points, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zhupei

·
Registered
26 Posts
HQ: 353

Eldrad. 210
Solid, can't go wrong with the man himself.

farseer, spirit stones, doom, fortune, runes of witnessing, singing spear. 143
Good, you can trim him down a little if needed.

Elites: 215

5 fire dragons. 80
Solid.
Wave Serpent, eldar missile launcher, shuriken cannon, star engines. 140
EML are good. Scatter lasers may be better. I don't like star engines on anything but Banshee transports, but I understand your strategy depends on them.

Troops: 697

10 dire avengers, exarch, bladestorm, dual shuriken catapults. 152
Perfect.
Wave serpent, bright lance, star engines. 150
Good. Ditto on the star engines.

6 pathfinders. 144
Pathfinders have always underperformed for me. And if a flamer makes it to them, bye bye squad. I'd prefer a second DA squad with the same set up as above.

10 storm guardians, 2 flamers, warlock with enhance.136
Storm guardians can be awesome, especially with this set-up. I still prefer DA to them though.
Wave serpent, shuriken cannon, star engines. 115
Good. Ditto on the star engines.

Fast Attack: 0

Heavy support: 230

fire prism. 115
Solid. Holo-fields are a must for me on my prisms.

fire prism. 115
Ditto.

Total points. 1500
I like the idea behind the list, you're using the Eldar's biggest strengths: their speed and focus fire. I'd prefer two DA squads over your current troops though. In my experience, star engines are rarely needed as the transports are already fast enough.

Where is the farseer and Eldrad going? I'd asume one in the DA squad and one in the Guardian squad?

·
1,059 Posts
No spirit stones on your transports is a risk. I am also not sure of the bigger guns on the transports if you are planning on star using the star engines alot. I also like the destructor in the storm guardian squads as the heavy flamer often times causes more wounds than the enhanced guardians do.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gordao24

eldrad and the farseer go with the dire avengers and storm guardians respectively. The pathfinders are there to take out the monstrous creatures that could potentialy charge my avengers/guardians. I took the EML to ( if needed ) pop a transport/rear armour. I would take holofields on my prisms if i had the points, which sadly, I dont.

Nakaruru.

I would normally take stones on my serpents except in this army the 3 serpents will be fortuned and have a re-rollable 4+. This should keep out the most of the pens and glancings. The storm guardians have enhance because they are effectively a tarpit unit. They may be expensive but they should win combat against most units. The lance is a must because it is stuck on.:(

Thank you both for the replies.

Zhupei

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.