Heavy Support

trygon 200 points

trygon 200 points

trygon 200 points

total 1457 points

i would like to hear some of your thoughts on this army list please

See less See more
#2 ·
Kay firstly, this should go in the army list thread (No biggy someone will move it for you) Now for the list!

HQ:
No.
525 points tied up here. Thats a 1/3 of your army in 2 units,a big thing to avoid, I would drop the second hive tyrant

Elites:
Well.
4 lictors aren't to flash in a list like this, I will get into what to put in here further below.

Troops:
Sorry agian but no.

Heavy Support:
Good choice but they are to expensive at this point level to run 3.

Now what to fix.

Question to you number one.
How do you remove tanks? Let your flyrants fly up to them and hope they dont get gunned down?

Answer.
Hive guards. Drop all 4 lictors and squeeze in 2 squads of 2 hive guards. and bam problem solved! :D

Hive guards are the bread and butter for anti-tank. They are reliable and can destroy all the vehicles you find at this point level. I ALWAYS take at LEAST 3, even in 500 point games.

You need some actual troops. Rippers are useless (Sorry, but they are not to flash at ALL)
Put in some gaunts in there, you need some hitting power in the troop section.

lastly, I would drop 2 of the trygons.

With the additional points I would field something like this:

HQ:
Hive Tyrant- 2 x Scything Talons, acid blood, Wings, hive commander

Elites:
2 x Hive Guards
2 x Hive Guards

Troops:
Tervigon- Toxin sacs & catalyst
3x Tyranid Warriors - All with 2x bone swords
8x Genestealers- Broodlord with Talons
23 Termagaunts
20 Hormagaunts- Toxin sacs

Heavy Support:
Trygon Prime-

Let me run it through for you.
HQ: A pure slaughter house with wings, let it shred everything in its path. Aim it at lightly armored troops (Liek orc boyz) and let him do his thing.
Elites: Purely to destory vehicles so the enemy units are left out in the open with no vehicles to move them around (Easy prey)
Troops: Tervigon spawns gaunts and can give units FNP. The warriors act as cheap synapse and maybe objective camp. The stealers deep strike and aim at highly armored troops (Terminators) termagaunts are there for the numbers, think of them as living shields. And hormaguants let them assust big units (Wraithlords, avatars, demon princes) etc.
Heavy support: He deepstrikes and chows up infantry.

That is a sort of list I can imagine you having lots of fun with. But again, its 100% up to you, but if you dont want to get destroyed just take the advice I gave before the example list.

Fun Fact of the day: 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next hour

#3 ·
You can't score objectives. You can't shoot tanks. This army is total fail from top to bottom.

If you want to play reserves 'nids, check out the examples in the List Builder topic. There are several armies in there with that theme, even a couple at 1500 pts.

#5 ·
ok right i have a new army list as i took you advise,

1 winged hive tryant 250points
bone sword and whip lash
1 set of talons
regeneration

2 hive guards 100

2 hive guards 100

2 zoanthropes 120

30 hormagaunts 180

30 hormagaunts 180

30 hormagaunts 180

30 hormagaunts 180

1 trygon 200

1490points

new army i was thinking and trying to get as many bugs an and an-tanks weapons and get in combat in as quckly as possable, would like you ideas please

#6 ·
30 Hormagaunts are way too many-- they lose the mobility of a smaller squad while at the same time being completely overkill for anything they hit, and will be an incredible pain to move around to boot. They will wipe out whatever unit they encounter, leave combat, and be open to an entire round of shooting. Reduce their number to 20 or 15 gaunts a squad and always, always give them Toxin Sacs.

Give your Zoanthropes a pod, or else they won't do anything useful other than provide Synapse babysitting for Hive Guard. There are better units for that.

Keep the sword and whip on your Tyrant if you must, but consider giving him Old Adversary; it makes up for the missing set of talons, plus it will make whatever gaunt unit is nearby doubly effective. Now you've got...

Hive Tyrant, Wings 255points
Bonesword, Lash Whip
Scything Talons
Old Adversary

2 Hive Guards 100
2 Hive Guards 100
2 Zoanthropes, Mycetic Spore 180

15 Hormagaunts, Toxin Sacs 120

1 Trygon 200

1315 Points

There, a better list, and you have almost 200 points to play with too. In my opinion, you could do with five million more guns, but my philosophy is to do my best with what it looks like you want, and it looks like you want a lot of gaunt mobbing.

You have a couple of options for those extra points. You could throw in a second Tyrant, this time with a couple of guns. Or you could-- and I can't believe I'm saying this-- take a Tervigon as your second HQ choice, unless you can scare up the extra 50 needed for a 10-man gant squad to make him a Troop. I find that unnecessarily complicated for this list because all you want him for is Synapse babysitting for the Hive Guard and, more importantly, Catalyst for Feel No Pain.

#7 ·
Still nowhere near enough firepower. And the total lack of long-range firepower is truly a killer. Any mech army can just wall off your gaunts with Rhinos or Chimeras, let them crash uselessly against them, and perhaps even tank shock you into convenient flame-template shaped formations and then obliterate your horde right quick. I can't figure out what your Trygon is doing in the army. Your flyrant and gaunts take care of assault (too much of it as it is!), the Trygon is essentially useless and nothing but a target. And as Mads said, way too many hormagaunts.

Balance. You need balance in your army list. You have to compete in the movement phase, shooting phase, and assault phase. Your armies are only really trying to do anything useful in the assualt phase. You're conceding both the movement and shooting phases to your opponent. This means you will lose.

Chop down your Troops into manageable chunks. Get long-range firepower into the army in the form of heavy venom cannons (e.g., Harpies) and/or Tyrannofexes. Plural. ;) Either that, or you need multiple Tervigons with Onslaught to move your Elites into firing positions. (Though you will still need at least some long-range firepower in addition. Only specialized 'nid lists can do without it.)

Also, if you intend to keep zoanthropes, you need to either play all-reserves and give them a spore or you need to include a Prime that you can attach to them as babysitters. These are the only ways you can reliably deliver zoeys on target. Without Primes or Spores, they're just a few Space Marine armour saves away from getting shot off the table. Not difficult for anybody to do.

Again, I urge you to look over the solutions offered in the Tyranid list builder topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.