Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to Librarium Online but I've recently been posting on other forums. I'd like to know what you think of my army list, but there are some personal criteria that you should take in consideration :
- Why should I use SS when FWs can do the same job for the same price?
- Kroots... why should I use a meat shield when I can have an armoured army ?
- Drones ... maybe that if there was not so many other useful models, I would consider taking some of these freezbies...
- Ethereals, why don't they have an Invulnerable save if they are Ethereal?
Also, you should notice that I'm an all Mech player. My list can become an hybrid variant (shown at the end), but replacing an HH by 3 broadsides is not that exciting.
Here we go with the list :

HQ = 168
Shas'el Helios. 83
Shas'el FireKnife. 85

Elites = 174
Monat Deathrain w/ flamer. 57
Monat Deathrain w/ flamer. 57
Monat Crisis w/ T-L PR, flamer. 60

Troops = 630
10x FWs, shas'ui, all pulse rifles. 110
DF w/ DL, MT, TA. 100
DF w/ DL, M, TA. 100
DF w/ DL, MT, TA. 100

Heavy Support = 520
Railhead with SMS, MT, DL, TL. 180
Railhead with BC, MT, DL, TL. 170
Railhead with BC, MT, DL, TL. 170

Total 1492, add 2x BSF on Shas'els if you want...

The Hybrid version would be :
HQs same
Elitessame
Troops -1 FW squad
Fast Attack +1 PF team, 5x shas'la, 1x shas'ui. DF w/ DL. 167
Heavy Support -1 SMS Railhead
+1 Broadside team, 3x shas'ui, 2x TL, 1x MT. 225

For 1494 points.

The Battlesuits roles are either light transport busting in the first turns or heavy infantry hunting. FWs jobs are light infantry killers and Submunition finishers. HHs roles are Heavy vehicle hunting, after what it is all kind of infantry hunting.

Reasons why I don't use SS : First of, I would consider using a team of Deathrain rather than a SS team because for the same price I can fire at 3 targets, I'm bonded and mathematically speaking, I'm just a bit less effective against marines, but my role isn't limited to one purpose. ( 6x SS = 18 shots, 9 hits, 6 wounds on marines VS 6 shots = 4 hits, 4 wounds but at a longer range, better T, Medium tank busting abilities, etc)
Also, FWs are just as good for the same purpose. Lets make the SS team 7 men here for points effectiveness comparaison. 630 points of SS means 63 shots, 32 hits, 21 wounds on marines compared to 630 points of mounted FWs which can unleash 69 shots, not much more, but 9 resolves at BS4, which gives us 36 hits, 24 wounds. Also, you can only loose 4 SS before these cannot regroup, compared to 6 for 10 FWs, which kinda nullify the better SS saves. Movement is the same for both units. One last thing is their capacity to survive a lost pie plate, str8 ap3, which causes SS death compared to a lost plate effect on a DF, which can appear to do nothing. Overall, they are just as good as each other, perhaps FWs don't fill up my precious Elites slots, slots that I need for my Crisis.

Reasons why I don't use Kroots : First, they are ugly. Second, they are bad, terribly bad. I know a few have been lucky with them but cmon, CC unit with I3, T3, no saves and low LD .... But they got awesome Wood abilities and can Infiltrate in it ... Any smart opponent will let them stick in their forest until I get out to claim objectives, which I won't because is tactical squad is going to make me break. Of course they are cheap, but they reveal to me as being cheap, cheap point sinks.

That about it. Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
664 Posts
well you said why should you take SS when fire warriors do the same job for the same price.
stealth are more mobile,more resistant and are able to attack in the enemies weak spot.you would be better of with 1 squad of stealth(im not saying replace fire warriors by them)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Why take stealth? So you can deepstrike/infiltrate em and pump out 3 str5 shots per model... plus they have JSJ, which is nice :]

Also, I would mount at least 1 FW squad in a devilfish and use fish of fury. That works pretty well. And make the Shas'els Shas'o (BS 5, instead of 4... hits on 2+ then, so why not), and take one squad of drones to line up in front of one or both of the commanders for protection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts