Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I swear this is the last army list I'm posting :) After much contemplation about which units to buy, and possibly including non-Nurgle infantry, I've decided to stick with a pure Nurgle army. Once I'm set on which 1500 point list to make I know which models to get and will not be spending excess.

List One:

Daemon Prince, mark of Nurgle, wings and warptime

8 Plague Marines, 2 Plasmaguns and Champ with Powerfist. Icon.
8 Plague Marines, 2 Plasmaguns and Champ with Powerfist. Icon.
8 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns and Champ with Powerfist. Icon.
(I have 14, another 10 CSM with the forgeworld kit makes 24 which divides neatly into 8's)

7 Raptors, 2 Meltaguns and Champ with Powerfist
5 Terminators
(Karmoon Special. I have to include these after seeing the forgeworld conversion kit)

2 Obliterators

List Two:

Same as above, but each Plague Marine unit is reduced to 6 strong, with a Rhino for each and 41 points spare.

·
Registered
381 Posts
List two. And with the extra 41 pts, pick up two more raptors.
Don't take rhinos 'cause they'll be well easy to take out with only 3, they will be held up quite often at best. I would stick with list one but, its quite slow moving, make sure your carful if you go with this list as it would be quite difficult to play with, try and get your oppenent to shoot at your fat moving stuff as your slow moving will probaly do the damge,

Gilli

·
549 Posts
Plague Marines on foot without the infiltration option is not a viable option anymore if you want to have success against more mobile ennemies (Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Space Marines, other Chaos Legions).

You have a really tough core but it is very slow. The Daemon Prince is perfect, the Terminators can deepstrike or be summoned with the Icon for a close range support (excellent), the Raptors look all good and the Obliterators will provide some great fire support.

So all in all your list is good but really you should give your Plague Marines those Rhinos. Keep your Plague Marine squad to 7 members each and remove 2 Raptors. Give the Raptor squad an Icon so they can summon the terminators too and you're all set.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've totally re-arranged the army and brought in fresh blood. It's all fluffy (apart from the tanks) so it's all good.

DP with wings, MoN and Warptime
2x7 PMs with 2 plasmas, champ and powerfist
7 PMs with 2 Meltas, champ and powerfist
7 Raptors with 2 meltas, champ, powerfist and MoN.
2 vindicators with Daemonic possession
1 predator with autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons

(why are they know as dakka?)

Do I need the Mark of Nurgle on the Raptors? Should I drop it for a twin-linked lascannon? Again, no Rhinos, horrible things.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

I've totally re-arranged the army and brought in fresh blood. It's all fluffy (apart from the tanks) so it's all good.

DP with wings, MoN and Warptime
2x7 PMs with 2 plasmas, champ and powerfist
7 PMs with 2 Meltas, champ and powerfist
7 Raptors with 2 meltas, champ, powerfist and MoN.
2 vindicators with Daemonic possession
1 predator with autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons

(why are they know as dakka?)

Do I need the Mark of Nurgle on the Raptors? Should I drop it for a twin-linked lascannon? Again, no Rhinos, horrible things.
I think the new list is much improved but I'd drop the vindicators (there prone to being shot and are quite unreliable with scattering and all, there nice but difficult to get a direct hit without getting shot) in favour of a pred with lascannon sponsors/autocannnon turret, give this to your other pred aswell. This will leave you with quite a few points which I would use to put back in the termie squad so they can deepstrike and help the raptors (keep IoN), alternitvley a sorcerer/lord to go with the raptors would be nice. Although this leaves you with less tanks its still a good idea in IMO.

Gilli

1 - 6 of 6 Posts