Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some members who are familer with me and my army lists, know that i strive to build the best lists and welcome any critism ( even though it may take some head bashing sometimes ) no matter how small. Because even beginners can spot mistakes that more exprienced players missed.

On with the list!

HQ - 190 points - 1 Kill point

1x Tervigon
1x Cluster spines
- Spells -
Dominion
Catalyst
Onslaught
190 points

Elites - 320 points - 3 Kill points

Hive guard brood 1
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Hive guard brood 2
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Zoanthrope brood
2x Zoanthrope
120 points

Troops - 366 points - 3 Kill points

Genestealer brood 1
7x Genestealer
7x Adrenal gland
119 points

Genestealer brood 2
7x Genestealer
7x Adrenal gland
119 points

Hormaguant brood
16x Hormaguant
16x Toxin sacs
128 points

Fast attack - 90 points - 0 Kill points

Spore mine cluster 1

3x Spore mines
30 points

Spore mine cluster 2
3x Spore mines
30 points

Spore mine cluster 3
3x Spore mines
30 points

Heavy support - 530 points - 2 Kill points

1x Tyranofex
1x Rupter cannon
1x Dissacator Larve
1x Cluster spines
265 points

1x Tyranofex
1x Rupter cannon
1x Dissacator Larve
1x Cluster spines
265 points

1498 points

9 Kill points

Tactics:
The Tyranofexes deploy infront of the Tervigon to block LOS with hive guards flanking the Tervigon and the Zoanthropes between the Tyranofexes and the Tervigon. The genestealers outflank and the hormaguants go behind the Tervigon to prevent deepstrikes in first turn taking out the Tervigon quickly.

1st turn tactic. spawn termaguants and FNP my hormaguants as they rush forward with termaguants infront provinding screening for my hourmaguants and the hive guards protect my flank again and then i obviously shoot as targets deem worth of my mind.

rest of the game the Tervigon spawns guants that fill up space behind the Tervigon to prevent deepstriking and flankings behind my backs and flanks. and shoot shoot and hit with stealers and the hormaguants.

What do you think? The spore mines cluster around enemy deployment zone objectives and they mess up the enemies' ability to set up gun lines effectively and i can place spore mines in the middle to push them towards the sides of the board so my genestealers have even easier pickings.

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
32 Posts
the fact that you are taking 2 tyrannofexes...fexs....whatever....actually really scares me. I would actually probably drop the hormagaunts just because the fact that they arent beasts anymore pisses me off and its to soon to try to use them again. I would probably replace them with either more genestealers or another tervigon...I do like the idea of just sitting on a objective marker and being able to hold it and keep spawning gaunts to run around.

I am curious how the spore mines work.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they deepstrike anywhere on the board before anyone deploys and after you have chosen your deployment edge. i know that sucks about hormaguants, but with FNP i expect atleast 10+ models to surrive and for them to assualt in turn 2. they can re-roll 1s in close combat and they have 3 attacks each on the charge! for 6 points that's pretty decent and they still move quite quickly with a reliable 3D6 run.
I like the camping bojective idea as well :)
thanks
antique_nova

·
BANANA!
1,161 Posts
I think that you might not have enough horde/anti infantary in this list. You have a lot of Anti-tank as well.

Maybe drop one of the Hive Guard for 20 termagants?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i have spawning guants, hormaguants that sttrike quicker than any horde and stealers. However, what really settles the anti-horde for my list here is three things the first being the Tervigon letting me give FNP to any unit i want! woo hooo :p, take that ork mob :). the second i have three cluster spines, each one being 18" large blast and S5. and failing that they have to pass through 3 groups of three spore mines that are S4 AP4 blasts that only need to be within 2" of any enemy model. and they only move D6, so they won't be going anywhere far.
Is that enough? :p
I am satisfied with the amount of anti-tank i have, because that it the problem for nidz, they don't have that many choices for good mid-long ranged anti-tank and because zoanthropes get instant gibbed so easily now.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Your tyranno fexs are missing their main weapon, but youve pointed it in for a rupture cannon.

Speaking of which, you could do so much better, regenerating trygon primes are much better choices than tyrannofexs, podding bio plasma fexs, old one eye perhaps, but im really not liking tyrannofexs, too inacurate for my taste, and far too costly.

Id also recogmend swapping one of the hive guard squads for more thropes, hive guard lack the punch to kill heavy units, but thats up to you.

lastly you want broodlords, at least one somewhere i know youve expressed your dislike, but hypnoitic gaze will prove very useful.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there main weapon is a 12 inch flamer. i wouldn't call that a main weapon. the tyranofexes are built for busting AV14 while the guard are for the anything not AV14. about regenrating trygons, they can easily be plasma, melted to death and have their asses handed over by a squad of grey hunters with a thunder hammer. podding bioplasma fexes? well that's alot of points and it is a good threat, but it's a sitting duck for a turn.

Tyranofexes aren't too inaccurate, BS3 and they get 2 shots.

The most likely thing to change would be a broodlord, but even then i will need to see how it goes. because 8 stealers with 24 attacks hitting on 3s with reroll 1s and S5 is nothing to be snuffed at. Howeverf, i do have hormaguants for MC killing :p they are a surprisingly cost effective unit.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Regarding the main weapon, i was talking about the fact you hadnt added the rupture cannon in.

And you will find tyrannofexs to be far too inacurate, did you use zoanthropes in the old codex? Its exactly the same but from greater range. And for that cost, its just not viable.

Also a canny opponent will send fast assaulters round to engage it up close and stop it from firing, preferably with a powerfist to knock it into the middle of next week.

And regarding trygons, thats why you have 2, and support them with other units, or better yet, eliminate the plasma ect.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, but a canny opponent will not be able to do that when i have some guants sticking around the fexes like glue. i found that i forgot to put it in lol. yes, but with your trygon tactic you are relying on DS too much and DS could cause you a few problems.I do admit that tyranids have the dominate the DS section of the game, but if you look here, you will probably see what i mean. i decided to pm it to you instead.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aaa sorry about that, i kept getting hormaguants and genestealers mixed up and i got a new list which solved my nagging problems with the list which were:

Zoanthropes, not being that good, because the only AV14 that you will most likely meet is monoliths, land raiders and leman russes. which even then you need to be able to reach it and gaurd players will keep their russes at the back, making it impossible for me to shoot it for atleast a turn. and what happens when they hide the russes? So i got a hive tyrant with wings.

Something to help my genestealers come on earlier leading to more consistent results from them , like arriving earlier and making a bigger difference. sovled with the hive tyrant.

Then i was buggered if i really need the hormaguants and that they would be slaughtered even with FNP and i couldn't psotion them well within the formation of my list and that i already ahve two genestealers assualting and more termaguants would be nice to act as sweepers for my nidz force to coutner attack any fast attackers and deep strikers.

So i present the list once more:

·
BANANA!
1,161 Posts
No list ^.^

Anyway, Zoanthropes are AP1 so you get a +1 to your rolls on the vehicle damage chart, which always helps ^.^

·
Registered
97 Posts
zoans dont have to take long to get close and risk dieing in the process. a mycetic spore can pop them out up close and shoot at the 14 armor on the same turn amirite?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
yea, but their are anti-pod tactics for that sort of thing, it's the same as podding a dreadnought. and it's suicide. sorry my internet buggered up for almost an hour because the termaguants believe that i am the hive mind and are trying to get near me......any way the list as promised.

It has helped me to solve the problem of my problems with counter attacking any DS etc. althought i could give the tervigon the run and shoot speel so i can make a devestator squad or something similar BS1 for that turn :p. Which i may sacrifice a squad of guants for, because i don't think that i really need the tervigon as a troops choice. especially when he will spawn guants all day long. I only need to shoot and run power for one turn if i want an almost guarantee of that tactic, however even then it may run only 1 inches. so i don't need it.

The list now has a squad of hormaguants exchanged from a squad of genestealers. i feel much better now.

Hq – 255 points – 1 Kill point

1x Hive Tyrant
1x Hive Commander
1x Lash whip
1x Bone sword
1x Scything talons
1x Winged
- Psychic powers -
1x Paroxysm
1x Leech

Elites - 255 points - 3 Kill points

Hive guard brood 1
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Hive guard brood 2
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Venomthrope brood
1x Venomthrope
55 points

Troops – 393 points - 4 Kill points

1x Tervigon
1x Cluster spines
- Spells -
Dominion
Catalyst
175 points

Termaguant brood
10x Termaguants
50 points

Genestealer brood 1
6x Genestealers
84 points

Hormaguant brood
11x Hormaguants
88 points

Fast attack - 60 points - 0 Kill points

Spore mine cluster 1
3x Spore mines
30 points

Spore mine cluster 2
3x Spore mines
30 points

Heavy support - 530 points - 2 Kill points

1x Tyranofex
1x Rupter cannon
1x Dissacator Larve
1x Cluster spines
265 points

1x Tyranofex
1x Rupter cannon
1x Dissacator Larve
1x Cluster spines
265 points

1497 points

Also, if i took away the squad of termaguants, what would you do with the remaining 57 points for this list?

What's covered in the list:
Anti- horde: hive tyrant with it's spell, spore mines, tyrannofexes and Tervigon due to clustor spores and a +2 wounding -AP flamer. Venomthrope when they charge me?
Anti-av14: Tyranofexes and hive tyrant
Shooting? well i can outshoot anyone within 24"
Counter attacking and preventing ds i have with termaguants etc.
Assualting units, well two squads of genestealers and a hive tyrant should do it.
I also have four scoring unts + spawning
Synapse, two hard bugs, one almost immune to Jotww too, but i ain't too bothered

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
That venomthrope screams kill me at the moment, it will die ridculously fast unless you permenantly have it hidden behind an MC of some sort. I suppose the tervigon could do, but its still exposed to a pot shot or blast template.

And your genestealers may actually find themselves losing combats like that. A quick fight against a 10 man tactical squad

Stealers have 18 attacks, 12 hit, 2 rend and 4 wound, marines fail another 1 on average. 6 attacks back sees 3 hit, 1-2 wound, statistically both fail, if your lucky, you pass 1 of them. PF sargent kills another. Odds on marines hold and fight again.

In the following round the marines kill more stealers than you do marines and later they end up victors.

Basically they need more bodies in there, otherwise any casualtys will mean you end up without the power to cause any damage, or you just wont be able to make a significant dent with 6 stealers, eg large ork mobs or guardsmen.

Other points are:

Get rid of the whip and bonesword on the tyrant, its not going to do any good, the lashwhips effect will be minimal scince you already outpace most things and if your using the Bone sword for the leadship kill, check out the dire avenger weapon thats similar, every eldar player will tell you what a waste of time it is.

You will also find you want leech essense over scream, to replace wounds you take going on the way in. I think your overestimating scream anyway, leech is far more useful, especially without a 2+ save. If you used flyrants in the old codex, youll know what fire magnets they are, without warp feild theyre gonna go down fast now, so leech will be key to keeping the wounds up.

Hive guard and Tyrannofexs will need to beware of lurk, your T-fexs will be supervised by the tervigon most of the time, but that tyrant will die soon enough, and that leaves it as all the synapse you have, and it cant cover everything.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That venomthrope screams kill me at the moment, it will die ridculously fast unless you permenantly have it hidden behind an MC of some sort. I suppose the tervigon could do, but its still exposed to a pot shot or blast template.
It will do and when the new tyranofex models come out, and when you place the gun on they will be literally100% covered. the only way that you will be able to see them is if your actually lying on the floor or round the back or side of my army. Failing that, the tyranofexes look alot bigger and block more los than your standard carnifex.
And your genestealers may actually find themselves losing combats like that. A quick fight against a 10 man tactical squad
Stealers have 18 attacks, 12 hit, 2 rend and 4 wound, marines fail another 1 on average. 6 attacks back sees 3 hit, 1-2 wound, statistically both fail, if your lucky, you pass 1 of them. PF sargent kills another. Odds on marines hold and fight again.
In the following round the marines kill more stealers than you do marines and later they end up victors.
Basically they need more bodies in there, otherwise any casualtys will mean you end up without the power to cause any damage, or you just wont be able to make a significant dent with 6 stealers, eg large ork mobs or guardsmen.
That worried me too at first, but they will be used to hit fire support teams, not humungous squads, like long fangs, heavy weapons teams and ones that have fire firepower. If they face guardsmen, all they need to do is silence a hwt or something similar and they get their kill point back. Also i will hopefully be able to get both squads on a 3+ most of the time and have 12 stealer attacking. But even one squad is enough to last through a entire turn of combat for the other squad to help.

I have played and seen nidz enough times to know how we use to crave for atleast a 5+ cove save to an MC heavy army. or even +4, but we were willing to risk 5+ as long as we could still move into the open or closer towards the enemy.
But if you face 4 lascannons from a guards lists or marine list. one average if they all wound, you will save atleast one. two if your lucky. and having a tyranofex or any MC losing 2/3 wounds instead of all 4 is very handly :). and the venomthrope is very good against hard hitters who risk a dangerous terrain test just to combat my fire support.

the tervigon can hve a 18" synapse range. and i also forgot to replace the scream with the leech psychic power. the whip is mainly their so i can beat the crap other MCs and TWC etc.

Finally, at the moment, i am debating to myself whether i really need the tervigon as a troops choice, the problem is if i take off the termaguants and the tervigon only spawns one squad due to an unlucky first turn roll. or is jotww first turn then i won't really have any objective sitting units and only two scoring units.

Also could you provide me with the maths hammer for a rune priest failing a LD test with 3D6

HOLY S%$T I JUST REMEMBERED I CAN OUTFLANK A TROOPS UNIT WITH HIVE COMMANDER SKILL FROM THE HIVE TYRANT. FACE PALM.
( sorry, but i just had to capital that)

Looks like this list is far from done. well the troops section anyway.

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
more tweaking, the synapse problem has been fixed and i manage to may use of my outflank ability from hive commander after spotting it. and i also got a game against a space wolf player using my space wolf list, he's a friend and plays tournaments regularly.

Hq – 255 points – 1 Kill point

1x Hive Tyrant
1x Hive Commander
1x Lash whip
1x Bone sword
1x Scything talons
1x Winged
- Psychic powers -
1x Leech
1x Psychic scream

Elites - 255 points - 3 Kill points

Hive guard brood 1
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Hive guard brood 2
2x Hive guard
2x Impaler cannon
100 points

Venomthrope brood
1x Venomthrope
55 points

Troops – 409 points - 4 Kill points

( Either the tervigon or warriors will outflank ,and will always support the genestealers in combat or termaguants spawned from the tervigon, depending on the situation.

1x Tervigon
1x Cluster spines
- Spells -
Dominion
Catalyst
175 points

Termaguant brood
10x Termaguants
50 points

Genestealer brood 1
3x Tyranid warriors
1x Barbed strangler