Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this could work(please mind you i mostly play for fun and will play in some tournies)

Hq

Etheral -68-
relic blade, bonding knife, emp grenade,

Shaso -113-
stimulate injecters, multi tracker, ion blaster, burst cannon

8 Honor guard -128-
8 emp grenades, 8 photon grenades, pulse rifles

12 warriors -135-
leader, bonding knife, pulse carbines

12 warriors -135-

12 warriors -135-

I think mobile pinning is pretty good an 18 is a good distance as i can keep away from meele

10 kroot, 3 krootox -175-

Hammer head -125-
ion blaster, burst cannons, disruption pods, targeting array

Hammer head -125-

Hammer head -125-

6 stealth suits -250-
2 blaster, 2 target locks, 6 target arrays

So what do you guys think, i dont have much high armor killing power but i can take out transports and get side shots to kill tanks. I think this is a good foot list but aint sure an di can shoot a whooping 12 str 7 shots a turn which is pretty nice and alot of str 5 shots.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What armies do you regularly play against as this will affect your list. This list will struggle against anything with armour 13 or 14 and don't count on the EMP grenades doing anything as you first have to get them to their target and have no transports to do this safely.

The Hammerheads really should have Railguns, the Ethereal and Honour Guard aren't worth the points you have to pay. The Ethereal is also a liability as his death will cause a significant portion of your army to run away.

Krootox aren't great either. You lose the ability to infiltrate, they are expensive and Crisis suits can do their job better. Consider dropping and replacing with Kroot Hounds instead.

Fire Warriors really need Devilfish, if you are going gunline Tau then it will be difficult and they will need Pulse Rifles. The extra range allows you tohave an effect from further away giving you an extra turn of shooting before assaulters are in your lines.

You could also do with more Crisis Suits. Twin-linked Missile Pods are a cheap and reliable anti-transport weapon and have more survivability than the Krootox. Remember the Krootox will suffer instant death from a Strength 6 or higher weapon, a Crisis Suit Strength 8 or higher. The Crisis suit also has the ability to get out of line of sight and has an armour save. The Krootox has to rely on the number of Kroot in its squad for survival.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i dont like transports as it dulls the game for me, also i think that having a movable 18 inch range gun with pinning is better then a stationary one in my opinion. I got the ethereal as a fluff base thing and i can imagine his reroll to moral tests actually quite under estimated. I play mobile eldar a lot and thin that i have enough weapons of sufficient str to kill transports. As goes to armor 14 tanks, most of them are bad(landraider really is terrible in my opinion) and monoliths are just nigh impossible to take out. as goes for the others, there side armors are weak and able to be taken out. I wil play but for now all critics are welcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.