Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to compete in a tournament in Feburary where all the imperial/eldar/tau players face all the "Evil" armies such as Tyranids, Orks, and Chaos. Since the guys who go there are mostly 'Nids and Ork players, i've made my army to counter that.

HQ:

Chaplain- Terminator armor, storm bolter
4 Death company

Grey Knight Grand Master- holocaust
5 Grey Knight Terminators- Brother-Captain, incinerator

Elites:

Dreadnought- TL Lascannon
5 Veteran Assault Marines

Troops:

10-man Tactical squad- power weapon, flamer, heavy bolter
10-man Tactical squad- plasma gun, plasma cannon

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support:

Whirlwind
Predator- TL lascannon, Lascannon sponsons

The assault squad, grey knights, and death company with chaplain form my counter attack group while the other units bombard the rushing hordes to bits. The lascannons are there to take down transports/ monstrous creatures. Pretty simple.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
HQ:

Chaplain- Terminator armor, storm bolter
4 Death company
You'd be much better off with Chaplain Lemartes.

Grey Knight Grand Master- holocaust
5 Grey Knight Terminators- Brother-Captain, incinerator
These guys are eating up a ton of points and probably won't perform much better than normal Blood Angel Terminators. I'd say drop them and buy more Veteran Assault Marines instead.

Elites:

Dreadnought- TL Lascannon
Our Dreadnoughts aren't great what with costing so much. I wouldn't take him.

5 Veteran Assault Marines
Good start, but this unit should be around 8 strong, with a power fist/thunder hammer, a melta and a flamer, ideally.

Troops:

10-man Tactical squad- power weapon, flamer, heavy bolter
Good, nice anti-infantry setup.

10-man Tactical squad- plasma gun, plasma cannon
Good against Chaos. Another nice choice.

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Typhoon
Consider swapping this guy out for 2-3 Attack Bikes with multi-meltas in seperate Fast Attack slots.

Heavy Support:

Whirlwind
Very nice. Keep in mind that you don't have to choose which ammunition to use until you deploy the vehicle, as per the BA FAQ available alongside the Codex on the GW website.

Predator- TL lascannon, Lascannon sponsons
Way expensive. Make this a Baal Predator instead with heavy bolter sponsons and extra armor and you'll be much better off.

Hope that helped,

Katie D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.