Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ
Farseer (Joining Dark Reapers)
Guide (I know my DRs don't really need extra Accuracy, but I had some pts leftover)
Fortune
Mind War
Runes Of Witnessing
CCW + Shuriken pistol

Troops
10 Banshees
Exarch
Executioner
Transport: Wave Serpent
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (Again, just had some pts to use up)
Twin-linked Starcannons
Spirit Stones

10 Scorpions
Plasma+ Haywire Grenades
Exarch
Biting Blade
Crushing Blow
Stealth

5 Dark Reapers
Exarch
EML
Fast Shot

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch
Fire Pike
Tank Hunter
Mounted in Falcon

Heavy Support
Falcon
Starcannon
Holo Field
Spirit Stones

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

Total = 1494

Exarches are listed as upgraded troops so
10 Scorps
Exarch
means 9 Scorpions and 1 Exarch.
The idea of the farseer joining the dark reapers is to make the delicate squad more survivable.
Give me your opinion and what I could do instead of having guide and the shuricannon upgrade.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Reminds me a lot of my list, kinda, but anyway. The Farseer can only cast 1 psychic power per turn, so there really isn't any use for him to have all 3, just guide alone will do him fine along with a witchblade and pistol. Also, with the free points, upgrade the Falcon's T-L suri-cats to a shuri-cannon so it can move 12" and fire EVERYTHING with a minimum (lowest range) or 24".

·
1,249 Posts
hsin_dragon said:
HQ
Guide (I know my DRs don't really need extra Accuracy, but I had some pts leftover)
Fortune
Mind War
Runes Of Witnessing
CCW + Shuriken pistol
Put him on a bike. Drop guide and fortune. He won't affect the DR survivability when they're hit with AP 4 weapons ::cough:: Whirlwind ::cough::

Troops
10 Banshees
Exarch
Executioner
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (Again, just had some pts to use up)
Twin-linked Starcannons
Spirit Stones

10 Scorpions
Plasma+ Haywire Grenades
Exarch
Biting Blade
Crushing Blow
Stealth

5 Dark Reapers
Exarch
EML
Fast Shot
If you really want to go with the DR, drop the exarch and run a squad of 4. The missle launcher is at odds with the reaper launcher (anti tank vs. anti personel) and 4 has the same benefits for moral as 5 does.

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch
Fire Pike
Tank Hunter
Mounted in Falcon
Again, drop the exarch. Keep the squad at 6 though.

Heavy Support
Falcon
Starcannon
Holo Field
Spirit Stones

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

Total = 1494
If you have the points get a couple vypers. Give 'em star cannons or dual shuriken cannons. Or you could drop the DR entirely and get a squad of warp spiders.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
ShadowcatX said:
Put him on a bike. Drop guide and fortune. He won't affect the DR survivability when they're hit with AP 4 weapons ::cough:: Whirlwind ::cough::
::cough:: cover save ::cough::

ShadowcatX said:
Again, drop the exarch. Keep the squad at 6 though.
~ Man you really don't like Exarchs do you? They can help, try them...

·
1,249 Posts
Emp. said:
::cough:: cover save ::cough::
::Shrugs:: Maybe it's just me, I don't see the point in spending 70 points and an HQ slot to keep one 35 point model from dying.

~ Man you really don't like Exarchs do you? They can help, try them...
Exarchs that can help a squad I do. (Eg. Scorpion Exarch. He can be a hidden power fist, grant his squad stealth, etc.) A fire dragon however, hits on 3's and wounds (marines and meqs) on 2's. All the exarch does is hit on 2's and wound on 2's. Not nearly worth the cost. As for using the exarch for tank hunting, the average roll on 2d6 is 7. That on top of the dragon's strength means they're at least glancing everything short of a land raider on an average roll.

·
Registered
838 Posts
hmm. this reminds me of my own beil-tan list just before i quit. except i had a warp spider squad instead of a second wraithlord. which i would defiately recommend as they are very very effective and having more troops will give you better army comp.

i mainly quit because i couldn't be bothered to retool my army, i found my banshees, reapers and fire dragons to be largely ineffective. so guess what i suggest...

frankly, no matter how good wave serpents are they're just not quite good enough to get you banshees into cc and give you value for points, especially as you've only got the one.

secondly, reapers aren't worth their points. i'd say cut the whole squad. even the best cover won't save them, especially as a 5 man squad is 233 points.

your farseer has been burdened with too many psychic powers. if you can't live without them then take another farseer.
btw i suggest a farseer on a jetbike. maybe with a singing spear.

your fire dragon exarch isn't worth his points. he doesn't bring enough to the table to justify investing in one.

your scorpions are going to be so much more expensive with the grenades, i'd drop them. usually the higher quality of your aspect warriors will let them prevail in cover and the scorpion claw will let them deal with tanks just fine.
speaking of which. definately take a scorpions claw instead of biting blade.

and after all this if you've got the points free may i suggest:
vyper w/ starcannon @ 65 points. IMO one of the best bargains you're going to get.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've actually geared this army towards my friend's Black Templar army. I know how he plays and he will always use a land raider sometimes even multiple ones (so i'm keeping my fire dragon exarch) plus he may annoint them (hence the haywire grenades) and he gets into cc fast. He not the brightest of players, investing so much into thos tanks but I still have to deal with them. Since he's the one doing the advancing, my dark reapers only occassionally fire directly at his side of the table and instead draw more of a battle line where he can't cross without getting the hell shot out of him. In my experience they have more than made up for their points.

Another reason I have a dark reapers is because I have 16 of them and 3 exarches I it seems a shame not to use any of them. Consequently my higher point value armies field a lot of them. Though this will change once I get some Vypers in my collection.

This an actual 2500 pt friendly list (with Harlequin allies) I'm playing against my Black Templar friend made with what I have in my collection at the moment:

HQ
Fortune
Ghosthelm
CCW + Shuriken pistol

Fortune
Ghosthelm
CCW + Shuriken pistol

Elites
Death Jester
Bright Lance

Harlequin Troupe 10
Haywire + Plasma Grenades
Fusion Pistol
Plasma Pistol
Power Weapon
Power Weapon
Troupe Leader
Riveblades
Shuriken Pistol
Dread Mask

Troops
10 Banshees
Exarch
Executioner
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade
Twin-linked Starcannons
Spirit Stones

10 Scorpions
Plasma+ Haywire Grenades
Exarch
Biting Blade
Crushing Blow
Stealth

5 Dark Reapers
Exarch
EML
Fast Shot

5 Dark Reapers
Exarch
EML
Fast Shot

3 Dark Reapers

3 Dark Reapers

3 Dark Reapers

6 Fire Dragons
Exarch
Fire Pike
Tank Hunter
Mounted in Falcon

Heavy Support
Falcon
Starcannon
Holo Field
Spirit Stones

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
2x Flamers

I seems awfully thin to me, I'll probably dump most of the dark Reapers for Vypers but I also need some good units to "hold the line." I'm thinking about more scorpions for this but they're not as effective against marines as i'd like and go down like flies against power weapons..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts