2 Vypers w/ bright lances
2 CTM's

Heavy Support:
Dark Reaper Squad [111]
3 Dark Reapers

Wraithlord (flamers) [120]
Starcannon

1499 pts

Well? Whaddya think? I kinda like it...it has a definite 'Ulthwe' feel...well...I think it does anyway...I would love to know how this army would work against Tau and Necrons, and on occasion, Templars and 'Nids. The Scorpions tankbust and then CC, the Guardians screen the wraithlord on the advance, the Vypers run around and eliminate any pesky things that are bothering me, such as Immortals or Crisis suits. They also have good AP, so they can support the Scorps in busting tanks. Reapers do their support thing and the Seer Council goes where they're needed, generally accompanying the guardians on the advance. You like? Thanks for your help.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Quite good actually, I dont personnaly use Wraitlords as they dont seem quite ulthwe enough, I would have support weaponry (D-Cannon) and walkers, I would also have ditched the reapers but that is all personnal, what that does allow you to do is not use the scorps to tank hunt, I dont think you need to anyway, wqorse case take a gaurdian storm squad and give em grenades.

The only 2 changes I would say you definatley need are:
Aplit your Vypers into 2 uniots of 1, then hits wont carry over (a must)

if you are gonna be fighting marines, chaos marines or necrons take banshees instead of Scorps, those power weapons and hit first make a world of digfference, it ignores those 3+ saves and against necrons it negates WBB

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I'll be sure to pick up some Banshees! The thing is, the Wraithlord adds a huge intimidation factor. But at least I'm not like those other armies here that have TWO Wraithlords...rrr...Thanks so much...I'll contemplate changing the points up so that the Scorp squad doesn't tankbust, and the Reapers are switched out for something a little more anti-armor. But the Reapers really do help against SMurfs and 'Crons. Thanks so much!
<3

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
what iw ould do is take out the dark reaper squad and the pistols and cc weapons on the warlocks and with those points add in a fire prism. it adds alot of speed and firepower that can be both anti armored troops and anti tank.

i would also take off mind war and add in a guide. if u guide the fireprism, a powerfukl blast like that, and a VERY good chance to hit is always not only an added bonus, but also a power assest to ensure u victory!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems like an OK idea, but the issue with that is that Dark Reapers are incredibly efficient killers, and I really don't wanna lose them. Also, if I give the Farseer Guide, then their combat capacity drops like a rock. Is that really a good idea? I would love a second opinion on that. Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by InUoTaBeRu@Nov 18 2003, 17:16
That seems like an OK idea, but the issue with that is that Dark Reapers are incredibly efficient killers, and I really don't wanna lose them.
Get more Dark Reapers. Sure, they're expensive, but a Reaper Exarch w/ Fast Shot and an Eldar Missile Launcher can mess up masses up troops with 2 templates per turn. They've won me games before.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meh...Exarchs is expensive...should it be 2 reapers and an exarch? And then what do I drop to get the points for that? More specifics would be nice...thanks! Also I think that an 85 point model that's going to be stationary for a particularly long amount of time is a li'l out of place in a game this small...I might be wrong though...

·
Registered
374 Posts
(This is my hatred for Wraithlords talking...)

Play Strike Force! That way, you will have to drop the Wraithlord, pay for a Wraithgate, and have points to spare! Then you get a Dark Reaper Exarch, and a Warwalker with the points you save. And you're Guardians get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.