Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sort of new to Eldar being playing the darker side for a long time though... But am up for a change...

Here is a list that I've been thinking about using and by all means pull it a part.

Going for a bike/ fast attackish army sort of a Sam Hann feel.

Thanks in advance.

HQ
Autarch - Jetbike, mandiblasters, laser lance

Troops
6 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons

6 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons

7 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons

Fast Attack

2 Vyper Jetbikes - Bright Lances

2 Vyper Jetbikes - Bright Lances

5 Shining Spears - Exarch, Shuriken Cannon, star lance, Skiller rider, Withdraw

Heavy Support

Fire Prisim - Shuriken Cannon, holofield, spirit Stones

Fire Prisim - Shuriken Cannon, holofield, spirit Stones

So feel free to pull apart as I would like input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
HQ:

Many people will recommend putting a fusion gun on that autarch as well, but unless you're fighting against AV14 often, I'd say you could avoid it for now. Otherwise, looks solid.

Elites: N/A

Troops:

Hiding 6 jetbikes is going to be rough, hiding three teams of 6+ jetbikes will be rougher. I'd suggest working some conversion magic on that 7 man squad and maybe make one of them a warlock on jetbike. Give him... Destructor? embolden? singing spear for sure... you figure it out :D

I'd suggest maybe splitting one of the squads up to two small harassment units. I honestly haven't used many jetbikes, but this is going by what I commonly hear/read/see.

Fast Attack:

I wouldn't suggest putting the bright lances up on the vypers, with a BS of 3 they're not considered the best weapons platform for a single shot gun. I'd suggest swapping to Scatter Lasers. They're a fairly powerful choice regardless of who you face. Volume fire can be great against any army any time.

I would take out the shuriken cannon from the Shining Spear exarch, he won't need it in most cases. I'd also say you might not need skilled rider either. A good compliment to the Autarch on jetbike with Shining Spears combo, is to use a DA squad with shimmershield dumping out of a Wave Serpent as a nice tarpit unit. This allows you to safely withdraw form the combat with the Spears and recharge a really powerful unit if necessary. Plus, if your opponent isn't careful, it may allow you to 'snipe' certain key figures in the kill zone.

Heavy Support:

I don't much like shuriken cannons on Fire Prisms. Use that huge range to your advantage and don't be within 24" of anything. If you plan on linking the two prisms, you could also consider dropping some upgrades from one of them if you keep it well hidden. This of course, depends on the army types you face off against.

I'm in no way considered an authority on anything eldar, especially Saim Hann lists, but I hope some of my suggestions were helpful or thoughtful to you. Good luck, and lets hear how the list turns out!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can understand what you mean about the cannons... and the bright lances... was trying to get some armour pen in the list and being a Dark Eldar player I love dark lances... but mine are BS4!

Might look at dropping some of the cannons in the list as well as the lances and replace them with scatter lasers.

With those extra points I could throw in a warlock on a bike I imagine. That should make for something ineteresting.

I'll have a play around with the list and post what I can come up with to improve it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok some revisions

HQ

Troops

8 Dire Avenegers inc Exarch extra cat and bladestorm
Mount in Wave Serpent with Scatter Laser

6 Jetbikes + Warlock with Destructor

5 Jetbikes + Warlock with Destructor

Fast Attack

5 Shining Spears Exarch star lance and Withdraw

2 Vypers with Scatter Lasers

Heavy Support

Fire Prisim - Holofield and Spirit Stones

How does that list look?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Ok some revisions
ok I rather liked your first list better, this may help:
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...ratergy-tactics-eldar-light-vehicle-army.html
HQ

Good if he stays with the spears, I quite like a banshee mask here as you can run into other very fast opponents, as echo said some people will advocate fusion gun, but I tend to prefer to get the charge in, the unit shouldnt be tank hunting, it invites a good kicking
Troops

8 Dire Avenegers inc Exarch extra cat and bladestorm
Mount in Wave Serpent with Scatter Laser
not keen, it can be effective, but doesnt fit with the theme, they will become very static once they debus, even if you re-embark, they will become a focus. The serpent needs spirit stones
6 Jetbikes + Warlock with Destructor

5 Jetbikes + Warlock with Destructor
nonononono (that isnt yes :))
bikes: best oppertating in squads of 9, ALWAYS take the cannon upagrade, always take them in 3s to ensure you maximise your cannon upgrades

The point of warlocks on bikes:
principly the main use of warlocks with bike squads is two fold, firstly to stop smaller squads from running (3 man bike squad with 1 causalty has to take a moral check, it will run almost as often as not, add a warlock with embolden and they wont run. The second reason is complimentary, a 3 man squad + a lock isnt that horrific, but give the lock a singing spear and it can tank hunt prety damn effectively.

So the most common and effective bike squads are either:
9 man bike squad, 3 cannon
3 man bike squad, cannon, lock, embolden, spear

I would ditch the DA and look to put 2 of the smaller bike squads and one larger one in, that also partly addresses your AT issues.
Fast Attack

keep expert rider, it is terribly embarressing when your 350 point unit is half an inch short of the charge cos you riolled badly on the move through cover, otherwise excellent, as echo said removing the cannon was the way to go

it can be worth upgradeing the catapults, infact I would prefer 2 shuriken cannon per vyper to a single scatter laser, sure it shortens the range slightly, but it gives you half as many shots again and ignores several troop armours.
Increasingly I find my vypers get targetted, and they really dont last when they do (fast skimmer is nice but open topped is a pain, hence they aare increasingly used as annoyance, I think 4 may well be too many for me, although I suspect that the presence of 2 prism tanks will lend them some resilience
Heavy Support

How does that list look?
Prisms are fine

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks for that Cheredanine... so here goes

HQ

Troops
9 Guardian Jetbikes - 3 Shuriken Cannons + Warlock with destructor and singing spear

9 Guardian Jetbikes - 3 Shuriken Cannons + Warlock with destructor and singing spear

Fast Attack

2 Vypers with 2 Shuriken Cannons each

2 Vypers with 2 Shuriken Cannons each

Heavy Support

Here is the revised list... threw in the Warlocks in each unit as I had some points to waste... around 120 if anyone has some better suggestions for it...

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
That is pretty damn solid, the only slight issue is serious tanks, you can deal with them, but whatever you use (the locks or the prisms) wont be doing other things that turn, hoewever it isnt really an issue, on the whole, I dont think I would touch it further, play it

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help Cheredanine...

like your Eldar light vehicle tactica... being a Dark Eldar player fore most I only know how to use one type of Vehicle and that is light, fast, open-topped, skimmers. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts