Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vampire- dark acolyte, avatar of death (H+S) book of arkhan, enchanted sheild 200pts
vampire- dark acolyte, avatar of death(GW) flayed hauberk, black periapt BSB, 215pts
vampire- dark acolyte, avatar of death(H+S) rod of F. death 190pts 605 characters
skeletons- 19 full command warbanner 197pts
skeletons- 19 full command spears 191pts
skeletons- 19 full command 172pts
skeletons- 20 musician 164pts
ghouls- 20 ghast 168pts
892 core

i love this list it is small but large with a full 100 models in 1500 pts, the general and the bsb have 2+ armor saves in cc the other vamp has a 3+, i have 8pd plus one from the periapt so i get 3 dice at 3 spells per turn with 2 bound items, at 1500pts that is a very potent magic phase. plus i love just marching forward with so many models

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i played 3 games with it today, the first was against a lizard man player taking a list as follows: 20 sarus spearmen full command scar vetw/ burning blade, 20 sarus spearmen full command scar vet w/ something that made him cause fear ans str 7, 20 sarus warriors with full command, 10 skinks with a skink priest that had 3 spells, and 10 skinks, plus 3 kroxigor's. we pretty much went head to head except i had an extra unit and i had my ghouls blow through his kroxigor and my warbanner unit butchered his spearmen when they charged into me, but that was mainly luck i rolled 5 6's for armor saves and made his generals unit run away by beating them by 7. end of game i lost nothing he was wiped.

then i played against a dwarven gun line his list was a unit of 15 warriors, a unit of 15 long beards, 15 thunderers, 20 quarrlers with great weapons, 20 quarrlers with great weapons, bolt thrower with engineer and flaming, bolt thrower with str flaming and hits on a 2+ and a thane with the +2 to dispel banner (that one is always fun) first turn i got wind of undeath off, as i didn't have anything else to even try with the dice, and did 7 wounds so i got 2 bases back and set them right infront of his thunderers and a unit of quarrlers, moved up with everything, then on turn 2 charged with the spirit hosts, and faild charges with the ghouls and a unit of skeletons on the right, was punished by shooting, got into combat with almost everything, between shooting and combat my ghouls where down to 5 modles against his 10 wide quarrlers with great weapons so i raised more and just added to the front rank getting 11 models in combat against them, butchered them and my warbanner unit ran over the other quarrlers with great weapons and the long beards, then mopped up the bolt throwers. end result, i didn't lose anything and wiped him by turn 4.

then i played against an ogres list. he had 3 units of 3 bulls, a unit of 4 lead belchers, 2 units of gnoblars 2 butchers a brute and a moving gnoblar stone thrower thingie. this game didn't go so well for me as i made a huge mistake. first few turns were duds as he didn't even move and i gave him first turn, from right there i was like ok whatever i am not fighting a boring game so i went to the ogres. raised a unit of zombies in the middle took a charge from the stonethrower chariot thingie on the left and sent it running caught it and made the gnoblars run, hit his unit of lead belchers and killed them by running them down, but that was where it all went wrong, i set up my warbanner unit missing like 4 skellies the full bare bones skellie unit and the ghoul unit all on line to take the charge from his 2 bull units with a butcher and a brute in them, he got off the str spell on the bulls with his bruiser, he ended up doing 20 wounds and i did 2 in return, and lost another 14 per unit to combat res....................................................ok for future reference do not let ogres charge multiple vampire counts units, unless it is like well, just don't it was bad, granted he rolled above avarage, he still won by so much it was crazy and there went half of my army, but that was turn 6 and he eneded up winning by like 700 pts so i was massacred, but i had really bad spell selection i didn't roll a single 2 or 3 for spells, so i was casting curse of years on his bull units which sucked, but did do a little damage eventually, i still have yet to face any big monsters like giants or hydra's, i will let you know when i do though,

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think that this list is reasonably strong. It looks like a Skaven army by the amount of infantry everywhere, only your troops won't run. Although if you don't mind, I have a few suggestions for your list:

I think that last skeleton unit would be better off with hand weapon and shield, and by saving those points there you can get a full command for the last unit of skellies.
Give 2-3 of your Vampires Lord of the Dead instead of Avatar, and make your skeleton units 15 strong. This saves you 136 points which can get some Fell Bats or something fast.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this list isn't that competitive, that said i still love it right now, as my entire magic phase is devoted to killing stuff most of the time. it is alot nicer to play against as my units never go above 20 and my IoN's go off on 4's. it is not a competitive list in any means, i just like playing with it. plus my magic phase isn't nearly as boring for my oppnent. 3 spells per turn maybe 4 if i am raising back my army.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.