Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thanks for those that reviewed my first 2 posts.

I have another list for reveiw. I find the fear themed armies to be a fun concept. Something different from the standard necron army. Probably not as effective against most armies but a list requiring more skill to pull off. Once again this list is only 1500 Pts. I know the size of the pariah squad is very small but with the inclusion of the deceiver and the scarab swarms I had already spent way to many point on nonnecron units. The deceiver will draw some fire, the scarabs can block LOS by getting into close combat on turns 1 and 2 and with so few necrons on the board they will fire at them to try to get me to phase out. Im hopeing all of this will draw fire away from the pariahs and allow them to get close enough to work their magic. It would be nice if when they got there the flayed ones and the deceiver was still around to join in the fun.

I know phase out is going to be a problem and so is armour but other than that any comments? If nothing else I figure this might be fun to play instead of my other lists.

1500 Points
Necron Lord W/ Resurrection Orb, Nightmare Shroud - 170 Pts
Deceiver – 300 Pts
4 Pariahs – 144 Pts
8 Flayed Ones – 144 Pts
8 Flayed Ones – 144 Pts
10 Necron Warriors - 180 Pts
5 Scarab Swarm – 60 Pts
5 Scarab Swarm – 60 Pts
5 Scarab Swarm – 60 Pts
Tomb Spyder W/ Particle Projector – 55 Pts
Total: 1497 Points
Phase Out @ 9
Must Kill 28 Necrons

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Great list, I like it!

All I would do is maybe drop some scarabs for more pariahs, just so they don't get wiped out to easily.

Otherwise I think that is a good fear list.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for the feedback. If the pariahs do get wiped out early in the game do you think this army will stand much of a chance?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Yeah, it will still work, but I feel since you have plenty of scarabs sacrificing a few for more pariahs (who really need the numbers) would be a better investment.

I love pariahs, but 4 is simply not enough, you want at least 6 IMO for them to stand any chance of doing something (of course 10 is always best!).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can reduce it from 3 swarms of 5 to 2 swarms of 4 to be able to afford 2 more pariahs. Im wondering will 2 more pariahs make them more survivable to justify losing 7 scarab swarms? After playing 13th company I love the cheap little fast attack units that can tie up the enemy until the rest of the army can get up close. They had the wolves we have the scarabs.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Agreed, that does sound questionable. Maybe the answer is to lose the pariahs (nooo!)?

4 isn't enough and losing 7 scarab bases hurts. All I can suggest is lose the pariahs and have a bucket load more flayed ones?

P.S the 13th company are so cool aren't they?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right about the pariahs. I can always do this.
1500 Points
Necron Lord W/ Resurrection Orb, Gaze of Flame, Phylactery - 170 Pts
Necron Destroyer Lord W/ Warscythe, Lightning Field, Phylactery – 180 Pts
10 Flayed Ones – 180 Pts
8 Flayed Ones – 144 Pts
8 Flayed Ones – 144 Pts
10 Scarab Swarm – 120 Pts
6 Scarab Swarm – 72 Pts
6 Scarab Swarm – 72 Pts
Tomb Spyder W/ Particle Projector – 55 Pts
Total: 1497 Points
Phase Out @ 12
Must Kill 36
But then its a CC list not a fear list. Still different from your normal necron list though and should still be fun to play. Lord on foot joins the 10 strong flayed ones, DLord joins the 10 strong scarabs. The bad thing is thats alot more flayed ones that I will have to buy and paint.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
From your original list you could drop one flayed one sqad and get another 4 pariahs, that may work. It will hurt your phase out a bit but it maybe worth it, I emphasise 'maybe'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts