Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ooookay.

here is the breakdown of the army list that after many MANY hours of rehashing, i think just might work for the GD Atlanta Tourny i am in. heeeere goes.....

HQ:
Warboss Ugluk-Bludeth: w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, More Dakka, 'Uge Choppa, Slugga and a Attack Squig.

Troops:
Burna Boyz: 10 boyz, 4 w/ Burnas. Led by a MekBoy: w/ "Eavy Armour, Mek Tools, Choppa, Kustom Mega Blasta and Two Grot Oilers

Slugga Boyz: 12 boyz, 2 w/ Big Shootas. Led by a Nob: w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Bosspole, Choppa, Slugga

Tankbustas: 6 boyz 3 w/ Rokkit Launchas 3 w/ Frag Stickbomz. Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Bosspole and a Ammo Runt

Gretchin: 10 grots Led by a Slaver

Heavy Support:
Looted Basilisk: w/ grot riggers

Dreadnought: w/ Big Shoota & Skorcha

Fast Attack:
HQ: Painboss w/ 'Eavy Armour, Cybork Body, Bionik Bonce, Dok Tools and Two Grot Orderlys. W/ 6 Cybork Bodyguards. Mounted In Trukk w/ Red Pain Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers.

Trukk Boyz: 9 boyz Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Slugga & Power Claw. Trukk: Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta.

Trukk Boyz: 9 boyz 1 w/ Big shoota, Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce Bosspole, Frag Stikkbomz, Choppa & Slugga. Trukk: Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta.

Warbike Squadron: 4 Bikes.

There it is!!!

feel free to pick apart and critize all you please and thaks in advance to any and all responses........

·
Registered
943 Posts
ugluk-bludeth said:
ooookay.

here is the breakdown of the army list that after many MANY hours of rehashing, i think just might work for the GD Atlanta Tourny i am in. heeeere goes.....

HQ:
Warboss Ugluk-Bludeth: w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, More Dakka, 'Uge Choppa, Slugga and a Attack Squig.
cybork body is better than b. bonce. 'uge choppa is horrible. choppa instead of slugga. and squigg is useless, get a pk and choppa
Troops:
Burna Boyz: 10 boyz, 4 w/ Burnas. Led by a MekBoy: w/ "Eavy Armour, Mek Tools, Choppa, Kustom Mega Blasta and Two Grot Oilers
he cannot have a kff and a kmb, only take thekff because they are marching
Slugga Boyz: 12 boyz, 2 w/ Big Shootas. Led by a Nob: w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Bosspole, Choppa, Slugga
bad, bad, bad, bad. they need 3 rokkits, nob with pk, and atleast 16 men
Tankbustas: 6 boyz 3 w/ Rokkit Launchas 3 w/ Frag Stickbomz. Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Bosspole and a Ammo Runt
why b. bonce, bad weapon options on them, just drop
Gretchin: 10 grots Led by a Slaver
what the hell are they going to do
Heavy Support:
Looted Basilisk: w/ grot riggers
you re leaving this in the open, why
Dreadnought: w/ Big Shoota & Skorcha
not that good
Fast Attack:
HQ: Painboss w/ 'Eavy Armour, Cybork Body, Bionik Bonce, Dok Tools and Two Grot Orderlys. W/ 6 Cybork Bodyguards. Mounted In Trukk w/ Red Pain Job, Turbo Boosta, Grot Riggers.
why so much protection and nothing for killing, you need more cyborks
Trukk Boyz: 9 boyz Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce, Slugga & Power Claw. Trukk: Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta.
o.k
Trukk Boyz: 9 boyz 1 w/ Big shoota, Led by a Nob w/ 'Eavy Armour, Bionik Bonce Bosspole, Frag Stikkbomz, Choppa & Slugga. Trukk: Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta.
o.k.
Warbike Squadron: 4 Bikes.
good

There it is!!!

feel free to pick apart and critize all you please and thaks in advance to any and all responses........
I am sorr7y but this list ius very bad, you have to re work it a lot

·
846 Posts
I feel the army is too divided up in it's purpose. I generally prefer to go all out footsloggers with da orks (as you can see from my list placed just below yours on the board). I feel like there aren't enough boyz in the army, and definantly not enough grots in that unit. I feel your nobz are too kitted out, keep em cheap and spend the extra points on some more boyz. More often than not the Nob won't need armor, since the boyz will take the hits first anyway. I personally like the basilisk, though might i suggest giving it indirect fire so it can shoot from behind cover?
Apart from that I prefer killa kans to dreads. You can get two kans for the same price and they already come with weapons.
and finally, might I suggest extra armor and any vehicles that you plan to have shot at, since it can potentially save their lives.

Well thats it for now, I'm fairly new to orks all things considered, but I feel I have a decent understanding of composition overall.
Hope I helped.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, thanks for the breakdown Orkimedes41792, the Bionic Bonce is a goody cause it gives a +1 to the armour save, all cybork body gives is a inv. save, which is good in its own standings as well.

i think i will knock off the Tank Bustas and beef up the slugga boyz in thier place. add a few mork cyborks as well.

the purpose of the Grots is to be a meat shield, of course. the footsloggers are going to need them.

as for the basilisk, i can give it indirect fire but that does cost some points. i have to stay within the 1500. as for the Mek with the Kmb, a Kff would make more sense, however the Kmb brings a perty daggone good fire power weapon to the table....

Morkai, the footslogging band of orks are a happy bunch indeed! however, i will be facing every army imaginable, and i am figuring on facing heavly armoured shooty armies that will tear me to pieces....footslogging will have its pitfalls in that case.

·
846 Posts
True, the footsloggers do have their downsides. My usual enemies are a mechanised Tau and an infantry heavy Guard. My Fottslogging SW have felt the agony of being blasted at range several times. But I can usually hold my own with enough men.
I still feel the grots would be more usefull if they're were more of them. You can easily get the indirect fire if you drop some of the nobs equipement though. The only problem with the KMB is that it's a heavy weapon (I think anyway, could be wrong) so that would limit the effectiveness of the burnas.
I have a tendency to favor horde armies though so my natural inclination is to mob the enemy with guys no mater who I'm playing.
Anyway, just my two cents, you probably have more experience in orkyness anyway, so do whatever works for you. Best of luck to you at the Tourny.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morkai, the Kmb would not have any affect on the burnas what so ever. the orks are holding the burnas, not the Mek who is holding the Kmb. the only problems with the Kmb is A] It gets hot on a roll of 1, and B] it is a ork shooting it so its not going to be a good shot anyways.....lol......

but! thank you for your thoughts anyways! i have been playing orks for...well......8+ years now as a matter of fact, and man, i still dont understand how to use em right......lol.....

·
846 Posts
ugluk-bludeth said:
Morkai, the Kmb would not have any affect on the burnas what so ever. the orks are holding the burnas, not the Mek who is holding the Kmb. the only problems with the Kmb is A] It gets hot on a roll of 1, and B] it is a ork shooting it so its not going to be a good shot anyways.....lol......

but! thank you for your thoughts anyways! i have been playing orks for...well......8+ years now as a matter of fact, and man, i still dont understand how to use em right......lol.....
What I meant was that the KMB limits the potential of the burnas, since the KMB is a heavy weapon, it can't move and shoot. So essentially, the burnas would just be standing around if you fire the KMB. I do agree that it is a damn good weapon, but the strenght of the burna is assaulting forwards, blasting people on the move and the KMB won't allow them to do that. Unless there is something about the rules I missed...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmm......

okay! i am going to be making some changes today....some much needed changes i think.
i will post the new list later in the day. arrrgghh!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts