Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
105 Emperor's Champion Magnus the Pious- bolt pistol/blacksword artificer armour iron halo termie honors

181Wolf Lord Dvar the Bloody- Plasma pistol/MC Frostblade, frags, meltas, Belt of Russ, wolf pelt, wolf tooth necklace, bionics, auspex

224 Devel's Greyhunters Pack- 7 bolter/ccw, 1 bolter/powerweapon, 1 bolter/powerfist, 1 meltagun, frags

224 Hrolf's Greyhunters Pack- 7 bolter/ccw, 1 bolter/powerweapon, 1 bolter/powerfist, 1 meltagun, frags

298 Ivan's Bloodclaw Pack- 12 boltpistol/ccw, 2 boltpistol/powerweapon, 1 boltpistol/powerfist, frags, meltas

249 Esteban's Longfang Pack- 4 lascannons, 1 bolter/ccw

219 Svenrik's Longfang Pack- 2 Heavy bolters, 2 plasma cannons, 1 bolter/ccw

Total 1500

·
Registered
717 Posts
You need ALOT more troops than what you have, i would recomend taking out the 2 heavy bolters in that one long fangs squad and putting in the two lascannons, replacing the 4 lascannon squad altogether. Secondly either get more grey hunters or blood claws.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One thing to remember about SW is the 'split fire' option in Longfang Packs. It's ok to mix weapon types, because you should be firing on 2 targets every round.

I would switch one of the Grey Hunter Packs to Bloodclaws. More infantry is harder to kill.

What about Wolfguard? Having some bada$$e$ in the troops is great.

Take out the Emporer's Champion and replace him with a Venerable Dreadnaught. That guy is awesome.

Good start.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with WeWantTheFunk you definitely want to use the "split fire" thing. Also when going up against armies with a lot of infantry Plasma Cannons are very helpful for killing things. My friend kills about 4-7 of my khorne berzerkers every turn with just one unit that has two Plasma Cannons. I would suggest having 2 plasma cannons and 2 lascannons in each unit of long fangs. This does get expensive, though, so you'll want to keep them behind another unit so that they can't be shot at. This technique works very well and the units will pay for themselves a couple times almost every battle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That army is sexy! :w

It is refreshing to see a marine army that is not polluted with vehicles. I assume from the gear that you have picked you are going to be playing against an army with good armour or tough creatures (power weapons), or alot of vehicles (meltas), which is why you are low on troops. Just be sure you do not take extra wargear simply to rach a points limit, only take wargear that you need.

The Emperors champion is a nice choice as his challenge ability could win you an impossible round of combat. Hooray fr Magnus :ph34r:

I love the way you have named all your characters, that is really cool :)

If you gave us details on what armies you may be fighting and under what circumstances perhaps we could give you more useful feedback.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im facing a world eater horde and their will never be any vehicles in my space wolf army NEVER

·
Registered
717 Posts
get more troops, those blood claws can match those khorn troops in hand to hand with power weapon upgrades. I do the same thing with my wolves too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Uhm... the reason for vehicles is to get those marines into CC.... They're not a bad thing in 40k.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well he also has the drop pod special rule, he could waste 100-200 points on crappy transports or he can get more troops.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
personaly i dont think rhino rushes are really in the spirit of the wolves, i prefer to think they would rather work their way forward under enemy fire as a test of bravery

·
Registered
71 Posts
i agree about the rhino, it's just not wolf like, but you need something to protect your infantry so they can make it to close combat.

i would use a rune priest instead of an emperor's champion. his psychic power can help your blood claws or grey hunters make it into close combat range

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats the long fangs job after all they can wipe out all his ranged firepower early on leaving me with pistols to worry about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.