Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I take my happy ass down to the local geek shop, which just happens to be like 30 miles away, and I scope out the monday night game. I talk with some locals (I'm not from Hawaii so I'm automatically not a local, even if I've been in this godforsaken place for 2 years), and they proclaim their army lists are all 1500-1750 pts. So now I have to trim down my list. I figure I'll trim it to 1500. And then if I meet someone ready for a 1750 game I'm good. What I don't get, How do all these high-schoolers afford GW?
Anyway, the original thread is here http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/imperial-guard-army-lists/187546-first-army-2000k-pts.html

As you can tell Hockeyman and Lord Borak both provided me with ample advice for that list. Here is my trimmed list for 1500 pt games. Keep in mind my overall objective was to make an airborne/artillery list, even if I have lost doctrines that don't allow me to drop troops. (Storm Troopers are just too damn expensive).

HQ
CCS with OoF, Vox

Troop
Platoon 1
PCS w/ 4 Flamers, Mounted in one Vendetta

Squads 1-2 have 2 autocannon, and 1 vox.

1 Heavy Weapon Squads, with 3 Autocannons

Platoon Comes out to 205 Pts

Veteran Squad One and Two each carry 3 Meltaguns and ride in Valkaries

Veteran Squads come to 315

Fast Attack- 1 aircraft per squadron

2 Valkaries with Rocket pods

1 Vendetta

Fast attack comes to 390

Heavy Support
3 Manticore, each in their own "Squadron"

Heavy support comes to 480

Total pts is actually at 1480. Thinking of a few different things. After viewing the math-hammer on lascannons I'm not upgrading to them. 6 close range melta's is going to be my close range AT. Autocannons are going to be my long range anti-transport. Flamers and my Rocket Pods will be my horde control. Autocannons and Melta's will be my anti MC. Manticores will just be light anti-tank and heavy anti-horde. Vendetta instead of Valkarie to round out the PCS unit.

Totals
4*Flamer
5*AutoCannon
6*Meltagun
2*MultiLaser
4*Rocketpod
3*TwinLinked Lascannons
3*Manticore Storm Eagle Rockets
Unknown number of Lasguns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my comments bold

HQ
CCS with OoF, Vox

needs wepons

Troop
Platoon 1

1 Heavy Weapon Squads, with 3 Autocannons

awsome

Veteran Squads come to 315

1 Vendetta
awsome

Heavy Support

good

like the list might try it myself:soldier:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is it just me that find the roles of the Manticores and the Vandettas/Valkyries clashing quite nastily? :/

The flyers are there to perform alpha strikes, no? Meaning you'll be zooming into the enemy as soon as possible?
Thoose possible 9 Blasts could scatter quite wildly and ruin one of thoose nice flyers quite easily. I don't know, jsut something I thought i'd point out.

Otherwise:

HQ:
Maybe getting theese an AC, as previously stated ^^

TROOPS:
Quite standard Footsloggers platoon. I'd consider not running a HWS though, they are quite a bti to fragile in my book to be wortwhile.

1 unit of Veterans with 3 Meltas = 100pts
2 units of veterans with 3 Meltas = 200pts
Not 315pts, no? :p

Otherwise quite basic units in Vendettas. I myself prefer the Demolitions + 3 Flamers combo. It can deal with ANYTHING, really ^^

FAST ATTACK:
Actually, i'd much rather run them all as Vendettas. I mean, you have anti-horde VERY dealt with when you bring 3 Manticores, and you're not packing all to much in the Transport killing department. Vendettas are quite marvelous at just this. Just my oppinion though, ofc ^^

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Quite nasty, but as I stated before, i'm not sure it fits in all to well with the airborne assault :)

Hope something was helpfull ^^

Cheers ^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice catches guys, no weapon in the HQ and I've still got the Pts down for three Veteran Squads, artefacts from the 2k list. I've updated it. I've now got an Autocannon in the HQ, and one more foot squad. I've also equipped all the squads with Grenade Launchers.

@Hussar
I see what you mean with the hitting myself with the scatter. But I really want to do a Artillery/Air Assault brigade. If scattering on myself becomes a problem, I'll switch to Griffons, but I'm not too worried about it. I'll just choose targets my Valk/Vendetta's aren't near.

Transports can easily be brought down with the onslaught of autocannon fire. With 18 Autocannon shots a round, many of which I can easily twinlink with orders. I can expect about 9 Autocannon hits per round maybe 13 with successful orders. 13 shots about 2 will glance and 2 will pen, thats more than enough sustained fire to down transports.

I like my Transports to round out a unit. So with the melta's I've got Rocket Pods, and the Flamers I've got twinlinked Lascannons. To be honest I like the 3*Flamer/Demo Team too and in my 2k setup I've got a vendetta that carries them around. But in this build I think the Melta's will be a better choice.

Here's my current updated list.

HQ
CCS with OoF, Vox Autocannon

Troop
Platoon 1

2 Heavy Weapon Squads, with 6 Autocannons

Platoon Comes out to 335 Pts

Veteran Squads come to 200

1 Vendetta

Fast attack comes to 390

Heavy Support

Heavy support comes to 480

For a total of 1500 (YAY!)