Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've recently traded some of my tau for a bunch of chaos marines & spikey bits, and I'm beginning to think about that type of chaos army I'm going to be doing.

I currently have the entire 3rd company of the Raven Guard (almost done modelling, now just need to prime it, then paint it up). The Raven Guard lists tend use assault scouts, assault termies, and jump troops, with tacticals in drop pods. It's mostly a hard-hitting alpha-strike type list, focusing on shooting and CC.

I also have a full FOC of a Tau Farsight Enclave, which I'm in the process of finishing up the models and painting whenever I get bored of black and want to paint red. The lists tend to be highly mobile, with really hard-hitting elite crisis suits. Basically a shooty list from about 12-24" away.

So, for the chaos force, I'm trying to find a new type of list that utilizes the abilities of the Chaos Codex without copying any of the other army lists that I currently have.

I've always been intrigued by the:
1. Death Guard (since the Flight of the Eisenstein book)
2. Word Bearers (I like the idea of a Dark Apostle)
3. Night Bearers (But I feel these would be very similar to the Raven Guard in battle format)
4. Alpha Legion (I don't know exactly what these guys are right now)

I have started with a Death Guard list, but I'm not 100% sure about sticking to the Death Guard, so feel free to suggest, adjust, recommend as you see fit.

If you have any general comments on Chaos lists (particularly the ones I have mentioned above) let me know.

HQ -
Demon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Wings & Warptime - 150

ELITE -
3 Terminators w/Nurgle Icon - 130

TROOP -
Plague Marine Squad - 7 Plague Marines w/Champion (PF) & 2 Plasma Guns in Rhino - 266

Plague Marine Squad - 7 Plague Marines w/Champion (PF) & 2 Melta Guns in Rhino - 256

Plague Marine Squad - 7 Plague Marines w/Champion (PF) & 2 Melta Guns in Rhino - 256

HEAVY SUPPORT -
Vindicator - Demonic Possession - 145

Obliterator Squad - 2 Obliterators - 150

TOTAL - 1498

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would go with death guard they are rock hard! Your list is lookin good but I would drop the terminators cuz they don't really fit very well with your mobile force plus three termis just aren't enough to do enough damage. Another obliterator would be good to give your oblierators some more staying power. Also your lacking in long range firepower maybe a dreadnought would fit well.. Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
i would set up your terms as a karmoon special (4 terms - 1HF 1Chain fist and 3 combi plasma) mark as you like it

you need long range AT, your oblits give you a little but.. i would trade out the oblits and a vindi for 2 preds with autocannons and lascannon sponsons, keep the other vindi or trade it out for oblits or a defiler.

if you are running a mechanized list run armor in all HS slots, make them sweat what they want to kill

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Perfect. He should cost 175 btw.

Elites: Drop the icon unless you expand them to 5-7 models. Take all combi plasmas and a single PF/CF.

Troops: Excelent. The plasma squad could drop the champ entirely to free up points for another terminator. Add a single unit icon to a PM squad to alow you to deepstrike the termies and possibly the oblits with no scatter.

Heavy: I would ditch possession to get more termies and their combi weapons.

·
Registered
70 Posts
HQ -
Demon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Wings & Warptime - 150
Good, but like this it's 175 points.

ELITE -
3 Terminators w/Nurgle Icon - 130
no use like this, it's to small to be effective like this.
Drop mark of Nurgle and take 3 combi-weapon and chainfist, in this way it's a tactical tank hunter unit.

TROOP -
Plague Marine Squad - 7 Plague Marines w/Champion (PF) & 2 Plasma Guns in Rhino - 266

All fine.

HEAVY SUPPORT -

Obliterator Squad - 2 Obliterators - 150
All fine, but you shoot consider dropping the termi's and then taking one more obliterator and maybe take defilers (with all cc-arms) instead of Vindicators

TOTAL - 1498[/QUOTE]

gr
Jur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.