Hq 221
Broodlord
Implant Attack
Flesh Hooks
Toxin Sacs

6 Genestealers
Extended Carapace
Feeder tendrils
(could drop implant attack and change to the cookie cutter Broodlord build, but implant attacks does mean he can go head to head with most nasty characters as long as I use him right. Could also drop carapace)

Elite 154
4 Warriors
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs
2 Rending Claws, Barbed strangler, Deathspitter
1 scything talon, Deathspitter
1 Lash whip, Deathspitter
Flesh hooks (just to use up points really)

Troop 140
7 Genestealers
Fleshooks
Scuttlers

Troop 140
7 genestealers
Flesh Hooks
Scuttlers

Troop 136
8 genestealers
Feeder Tendrils

Troop 136
8 Genestealers
Feeder tendrils

Troop 64
8 Spinegaunts
Without number

Troop 64
8 Spinegaunts
Without number

Heavy Support 148
Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Barbed strangler
Venom Cannon

Heavy Support 148
Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Barbed strangler
Venom Cannon

Heavy Support 148
Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Barbed strangler
Venom Cannon

1499 points 12 kill points 6 scoring units

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
there no real huge problems with this list, the couple can see ill run through quickly.

Broodlord is OK, id never not give him feeders, its just a cheaper way of doing things. However he wont be able to go toe to toe with HQs that well, because of invulnerable saves. A lot of army HQs have a good save, most marines i see have a 3+ invulnerable, and there are a fair few 4+ out there. Obviuosly the steaeles will help, but dont overestimate him. also i like to have at least 8 with a BL, with the decreased speed, i find you need extra bodies.

Stealers are good on the outflnks, id go with feeders over flesh, i dont often find you assault into cover.

I dont rate foot stealers, even with a guant screen, they die too easily.

Your synapse is very thin, any opponent who knows what they doing will kill the warriors and leave your guants running forward toward the broodlord, or simply off the board if hes dead.

The only other problem is that i dont think this list will survive the new codex. theres a good possibility stealers will becme elites except for 1 squad with a BL, rendering this sort of list redundant.

Hope that helped

P.s what the heck is a cookie cutter supposed to be?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cookie cutter broodlord is

Hq
Broodlord
Feeder Tendrils
Flesh Hooks
Toxin Sacs

7 Genestealers
Flesh Hooks
(optional extended carapace)

Implant attack on broodlord means he causes 2 wounds against pretty much any character out there.

I dont generally use foot stealers, however quite a lto the opponent has been bunching up in the middle of the board so its been 20"+ at times to get outflanking stealers to them.

Width of board is usually 6ft length is usually 4ft. So coming on as a normal reserve and coming on outflanking is sometimes the same distance.

Synapse Is my only worry. but what do I do drop a carnifex add 2 zoans to babysit. ( I only own 2 zoans). Or add a winged Hive tyrant and drop 160-200 pts of stuff.

I have every confidence this list will survive into the next dex as their are strong rumours broodlord makes stealers troops. (Stealers are not far and away the best troops have been nerfed in every edition, I would take 3 squads if they went elite and returned to their best edition prowess)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Im well aware what implant attack does, if you read what i said, i referd to the astonishing amount of invulerable saves on Hqs nowadays, its not a case of causing the wounds to kill, its a case of them getting through. besides in reality, you very rearly get a whole lot of use out of IA, as most Hqs are 3 wound, so 2 with IA, it only really starts to shine against 4+ wounds, which are either super characters, or MCs, Mcs will be fine, super characters will tear your squad up in seconds.

as for walk stealers its not the distance thats a problem. If you outflank, you dont get shot. Running them up the board means 1 semi decent ordinance template and theyre gone, as well as being vulnerable to small arms ect.

for synapse, id go for more warriors. 6 deathspitter warriors, with Toxin sacs, and carapce are a great unit, very hard to kill completly, and can pump out a load of fire. If you want to be sure, ive found a cheap unit of them to just sit back often get ignored till its to late but thats up to you.

Actually looking at that list i do think you may struggle against mech, you only have 3 ranged tank poppers, and they arnt great, especially if you run into heavy tanks, eg raiders, russes ect.

personally you have too many stealers, so id drop some of them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry I meant the broodlord causes that many unsaved wounds (But only taking into account a 3+ inv)

Its getting to a point with my outflanking stealers that im facing very few opponents that give me targets on the flanks

I think I will go down a completely new route probably back to my more monstrous times and leave Tons of stealers for apoc.

I was trying to veer away from monstrous to stand a better chance against SW but as you've pointed out theres no way I will be able to deal 8+ tanks.

I'm Thinking this as the core then building up form that. So mark 1.2 core

Hq
Hivetyrant
Winged
Warp Field
2x scything talons

Implant attack
Toxin Sacs
Flesh Hooks

Elite
Toxin Sacs
Extended Carapace
6 warriors
5 deathspitters
1 barbed strangler
2 Rending Claws
2 lash Whips
2 scything talons

Troop
8 Genestealers
Feeder Tendrils

Scuttlers

Troop
8 spinegaunts
Without Number

Heavy
2 Zoanthropes
2x synapse

Warp Blast
Catalyst

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
now that i like, a good solid core you can easily build from, only thing id say is swap lash and rending for cheaper tallons, really they arnt going to have a huge effect, but its up to you, and i think the catalyst is a bit pointless, just go for warp blast. If you think you might have CC fexs though then it might be worth it.

Very good basis though :soldier:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lashwhips if i manage to manuevre them right can add a bit of survivability to the warriors. rending has helped a few times in the past, but the main reason I dont want to go down the full scything talons route is to keep them complex. In that unit of 6 theres 4 different wound allocation pots if you will, I was even tempted to go down fully complex but it just adds pointless weapons.

Catalyst was really just to fill up 5 points. Although this list isnt a gret 750 pt list its good to aim for painting and moddleing wise.

Thanks for all your help, youve helped me start back from the drawing board and create a stronger list in the end.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
good point on the warriors, ive never botherd personally so forgot :act-up:

And glad i could help

·
Registered
173 Posts
I LOVE BROOD LORD!!! in fact i have monster love for him....

i monster love on him.....

He awesome!!!!!!!

i always take the extra initiative upgrade so he gets to strike before super characters (which my gaming group always run) and i give him EC cause he dies at range but i beat abbadon first round when he charged it was hilarious(i took implant in this game)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts