---Heavy Flamer
-Inside: Veteran Squad
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Guardsman Marbo
S-Total:375

Total:1495

General Stratagy:
Well for the most part it should be obvious but here are some interesting things:
Vendettas contain melta dudes, so they will try to scout in close on the first turn, (so like 12.1"), then on the first turn, they will deploy 2", move 6" and be within melta range. Note: if done this way, since on the first turn, the vendettas have not moved before they deployed, they still can move 6" and fire all 3 of their lascannons.

As a general stratagy, the first turns will be spent using the lascannons to disable the opponents weapons (so, just a glance will work fine, its just to prevent them firing) the meltaguns to open transports, and the tanks to clean out the troups inside.

Guardsman Marbo will show up at some point for hilarity, but at no point is essential for anything to work.

The Chimera's with the melta vets are there to take points/pop tanks. Although they are squishy, if the opponent insists on hunting them...they probobly wont last too long.

Ideas? Tips? Critisizms? (yes i know this list is a little cheesy, but note that its within the spirit of my playgroup)

Thank you for your help!

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
3 Troops is pretty slim considering how they're mostly suicide units.

I'd drop a CCS and Rambo to pick up an infantry platoon. Give the PCS meltas and shove them in the Vendetta (the CCS can tell them to BiD for basically the same performance) while you get 2-3 infantry squads to hold your objectives.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
It looks like a good idea. I would agree that dropping marbo and the CCS is a good idea. I would suggest rather than melta guns, that flamers or plasmas might be good in the vendetta mounted squads. 3 TL lascannons should almost always pop a transport. It makes sense then to have an anti infantry kit for the squads in the vendettas to eat the troops that spill out of the freshly cracked transport. Flamers are nice here because they will usually be bunched up after exiting a wreck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little A and B

I took a little from column A and a little from column B and came up with this:

Vendetta Gunship
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Vendetta Gunship
-Inside: Platoon Command Squad
---Flamer * 4
Vendetta Gunship
-Inside: Company Command Squad
---Meltagun * 4
S-Total: 630

Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
S-Total: 450

Chimera
---Multi-lazer
---Heavy Flamer
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Chimera
---Multi-lazer
---Heavy Flamer
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Infantry Squad * 2 (Combined)
---Flamer * 2
S-Total: 420

Total:1500

Now, the combined infantry squad is there for sitting on a point (with 2 flamers and 18 lasguns for outflanking infantry units). I like how this feels a lot better, but the infantry squad could use some work. Ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Demo vets have abot the same probobility of killing a vehicle as melta CC in my experiance (you get more pens with the demo vets but the melta guns have a 50% chance to destroy per pen, while the demo vets have only a 33%.) So, for a first turn attack, they both have >80% kill rate, BUT you tend to loose most your demo vets in the insuing explosion, while you lose very few/none in the explosion from a melta CC. BTW, Small Change. Here is updated list:

Vendetta Gunship
---Meltagun * 4
Vendetta Gunship
-Inside: Platoon Command Squad
---Flamer * 4
Vendetta Gunship
---Meltagun * 4
S-Total: 620

Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
Leman Russ Battle Tank
---Heavy Flamer
S-Total: 450

Chimera
---Multi-lazer
---Heavy Flamer
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Chimera
---Multi-lazer
---Heavy Flamer
---Meltagun * 3
---Lasgun
Infantry Squad * 2 (Combined)
---Lascannon * 1
S-Total: 430

Total:1500

One less troup, but a much stronger turn 1. Made even better by the Infantry squad of 20 that can just hang back behind cover which also now has a lascannon to fire. Plus the loss of one troup, while usually a big deal, doesnt really matter in this case as all units in the vendettas are pretty much AGAD (as good as dead). So, a strong first turn, lots of anti tank, a decent amount of anti infantry, i like this list.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
A decent list, but I'd say you need more anti-troop for some of those lists like Orks, Nids or Space Wolves.

Your beefed infantry squad of 20 is a good start. but I would have two Autocannons instead of the one Lascannon for some transport popping. I also like to have a Commissar in there to keep them from running.

Also add the Heavy Bolters to the Vendettas to make them all around units instead of just anti tank. I find if the game has gone well, the heavy bolters help quit a bit in latter rounds.

I also would put an Astropath in one of your CCS squads. Astropaths are money and Valks/Vendettas are butter. If you don't get first turn, most good oposing Generals will target your Vendettas (which are hard to hide) ruthlessly, which makes your whole game strategy die. Just see how long three walking 5+ save squads of wimpy guardsmen with short range Melta guns last! With an Astropath they come on quicker, are more likely where you want them to go and most imprtantly always get in a round of shooting.

Cheers, DH

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
A decent list, but I'd say you need more anti-troop for some of those lists like Orks, Nids or Space Wolves.

Your beefed infantry squad of 20 is a good start. but I would have two Autocannons instead of the one Lascannon for some transport popping. I also like to have a Commissar in there to keep them from running.

Also add the Heavy Bolters to the Vendettas to make them all around units instead of just anti tank. I find if the game has gone well, the heavy bolters help quit a bit in latter rounds.

I also would put an Astropath in one of your CCS squads. Astropaths are money and Valks/Vendettas are butter. If you don't get first turn, most good oposing Generals will target your Vendettas (which are hard to hide) ruthlessly, which makes your whole game strategy die. Just see how long three walking 5+ save squads of wimpy guardsmen with short range Melta guns last! With an Astropath they come on quicker, are more likely where you want them to go and most imprtantly always get in a round of shooting.

Cheers, DH

Astropaths only improve your reserve rolls. To skew your chance to go first, grab an inquisitor w/ emperor's tarot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bah, Emperor's tarot is only BARELY worth it. It only increases your chances of going first by 11%. I agree the list is a little light on the anti-infantry. But my play group is quite small and the only infantry heavy list i play against atm is a orks in trucks player. He tends to die pretty fast if you can kill his trucks, which, lucky me, i have in spades. Thank you all for your advice. If anyone has more it will, of course, be greatly appreaciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.