Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Y'all.

So I've been throwing around loads of lists lately, trying to stop on an army worth collecting. A fluff based Salamanders army catches my fancy, so I've thrown this together.

What d'you think:

HQ
Force Commander
Terminator Armour;
Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer;
Storm Shield
‘Salamanders’ Mantle

Terminator Assault Squad
5 Assault Terminators
Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armour

Dreadnought
Multi-Melta
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armour

Troops
Space Marine Tactical Squad
8x Space Marines;
Sergeant; Terminator Honours; Thunder Hammer; Bolt Pistol
2 Marines; Meltaguns
5 Marines; Bolters

8x Space Marines;
2 Marines; Meltaguns
5 Marines; Bolters

8x Space Marines;
2 Marines; Flamers
5 Marines; Bolters
Rhino; Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack
Assault Squad
10x Assault Marines; 2 Flamers
Sergeant; Terminator Honours; Thunder Hammer

Cheers for any comments.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
oooooooh, thunder hammers. That's gutsy and sounds like fun. I always wanted to model an assault squad sargeant with one, but you have one on every sargeant! But then, its fluffy. ^_^

And a multi-melta dread? I never see anyone use those, how do you plan on getting it close enough to the enemy to put it to use? or is it just there to stop the enemy from getting to close? Are you planning to footslog this whole army?

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Multi-Melta is there for fluffy reasons, almost purely. For a few extra points I could take a Lascannon and make it significantly better at everything. But where's the fun in that? I expect it'll not be much use, but oh well. At least it'll look cool.

The army will be fooslogging, apart from the Rhino squad. That's generally what them, and the assault squad are for.

·
Registered
51 Posts
in my opinion i would drop the termies. they wil never see combat either way you choose to get them there. footslogging will take too long and deepstriking the will sit in a bad spot for a turn. i do like salamanders. they are such a good looking army.

·
Registered
51 Posts
more power to you. hopefully we'll get to see pics of the army. like i said the salamanders are a good looking army

·
Registered
47 Posts
The salamaders are a damn nice army with an awesome background to them! Hunting down all the relics that Their Forgefather scattered, they make war a game! I love them =P

I like how your army uses Thunderhammers, sort of gives them that Blacksmith look to them! Same with the flamers, a preferred weapon for the 'manders. Have you managed to make any of your weapons look customised? Thats fluffy because each salamander is responsible for the craft of his own weapon and armour and some of them will be personalised! Like a dragon head flamer (saw that in the codex i think =S)

I would love to see you make a Vulkan Hestan model! (Unless GW is planning the release of one ??)

Im an Eldar guy through and through, but i love the salamanders alot and consider doing them for my next army!

Dont forget they have Jet black skin! Oh and they use alot of heavy armour!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts