5 Assault Terminators
3 TH/SS, 2 TLC
Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta

Vindicator
Vindicator
Vindicator

Total: 1455

I'm not really a Space Marine player so I'm just throwing round some ideas for themed lists. Comments, suggestions very welcome. Rewrite it if you need to! I would only like to keep the 'siege' aspect.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: He is an easy kill point if you deploy him to just fix tanks. Drop him for a librarian or a chaplin to lead the terminators.

Troops: Good. Points saved from the HQ could upgrade the heavy weapons to plasma cannon or lascannon and also upgrade the transports to razorbacks. It would add some fire support and combat squadding will allow you to hold home objectives.

Elites: Good. With the protection of the LRR I would take 3 L-claws but thats just me.

Heavy: Fantastic.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Master of the Forge was only really taken because he fits with the 'siege' theme. I thought Bolster Defences could also possibly work in my favour. However you're probably right, a Librarian or Chap might be better.

How about Siege Shields for the Vindicators? Not being a turret mounted gun, it would be tragic if I was immobilised due to thundering over some terrain.

I realise this list is pretty short ranged, most of the action goes down within 24", so you think swapping Multi-Meltas for Lascannons would be a better anti-tank option?

What would the better Razorback loadout be? Lascannon and TL Plasma?

Am I too low on troops?

Sorry, lots of questions. Reasonably new to Space Marines.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Master of the Forge was only really taken because he fits with the 'siege' theme. I thought Bolster Defences could also possibly work in my favour. However you're probably right, a Librarian or Chap might be better.
I'd go with the Chaplain, have him run with the Terminators.
How about Siege Shields for the Vindicators? Not being a turret mounted gun, it would be tragic if I was immobilised due to thundering over some terrain.
If your games usually involve a lot of area/dangerous terrain, this wouldn't be a bad idea. Depends entirely on your expected board setup.
I realise this list is pretty short ranged, most of the action goes down within 24", so you think swapping Multi-Meltas for Lascannons would be a better anti-tank option?
If you're combat squading, one swap might be an idea. The other should be fine as long as you can position it fairly centrally.
What would the better Razorback loadout be? Lascannon and TL Plasma?
Assault Cannon - you can fire it after moving 6" (which you can't do with both the lascannon and plasma) and the AC deals with most tanks more effectively (other than against AV12-13ish)
Am I too low on troops?
No I think you're fine - you've 4 objective holding units if needed.

Sorry, lots of questions. Reasonably new to Space Marines.[/QUOTE]

·
4,967 Posts
I was thinking of TL HB razorbacks as the points jump to get anything better is considderable and not really worth it for their survivability.

Siege shields look good on the model and have their uses but not that often. Just get dozerblades unless you are in a cityfight scenario.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts