Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please have a look at this list for me guys. I am after a combined tz and sl list. The idea behind it is that a tzeench sorceror is manipulating a more powerful slaaneshi warlord in order to pursue his own goals.

I would quite like it to be all infantry. Please feel free to comment on what is there so far and suggest changes. Also feel free to suggest a build for the lord.

HQ

Slaanesh lord needed

Tzeentch leuitenant (mark of tzeench)
Dish of tzeench
Wind of chaos
Demonic visage
Pair of Lightning claws
Demonic essence
Demonic resilience
165 points

Elites

6 rubric marines (mark of tzeench)
Aspiring Champion
Thrall wizard
Bolt of change
192 points

6 rubric marines (mark of tzeench)
Aspiring Champion
Thrall wizard
Bolt of change
192 points

Troops

6 noise marines (mark of slaanesh)
BP & CCWs
Frag grenades
1 x Blastmaster
Infiltrate
Aspiring Champ
Power weapon
Demonic visage
173 points

6 noise marines (mark of slaanesh)
BP & CCWs
Frag grenades
1 x Blastmaster
Infiltrate
Aspiring Champ
Power weapon
Demonic visage
173 points

6 demonettes

6 demonettes

Heavy

6 havoks (mark of slaanesh)
2 blastmaster
1 autocannons
Infiltrate
204 points

1279 points so far
43 models so far

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Tzeentch HQ's are great indeed, though I prefer not to use a disc-CC-Lt like yours. Their strength IMO is their access to the Psychic wargear combined with their awsome BS.
My fave combo is to have a full 9 squad of Rubriks, one of them is a champ with Bolt (of Change or Doom.. depending on the opposing team) many thralls (4) and a Lt with the same Bolt and also 4 thralls. This unit will harvest I assure you. they will also take quite some serious beating before laid to rest. The Slaaneshi-elements are supperior in CC due to their wargear and Initiative.
If you want to keep the Tzenntchian HQ as he is, that's fine too. Just that I have had no real luck with it and I want you to know.
The rubrik champs should however have more thralls. One is OK, two is twice as good (that should be OKOK) four...OKOKOKOK. Now, that's pretty OK.
And as it's not uncommon for the Sons to be outmanouvered and assaulted I advoce pwerfists on them as well. (Don't leave hell without them;))

As for the Slaaneshi Lord I think he should have Darkblade, Infiltrate, speed and combatdrugs. Aura is also a must.
Why not make him a psycher it would work well with the background.

If you are to expand the army beyond 1500, you should really try a unit of flamers. Those daemons will anihilate many a unit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the speedy (and good) advice.

Interesting points you made about the tz HQ. The disk is so that he can get a good wind of chaos on a unit and then charge in and finish the rest, so he's sort of a short range blast then cc guy.

I would quite like to keep squad sizes at 6 - the Tz guy has reconfigured his squads to slaanesh's sacred number to convince the Slaaneshi warlord that he is in full command.

I seem to be lacking in pace at the moment - any suggestions for something nippy?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
The disk is so that he can get a good wind of chaos on a unit and then charge in and finish the rest, so he's sort of a short range blast then cc guy.
HE'll be great at this I give you, but then the trouble begins. When the opponents are either killed in combat or while running from it he'll be out in the open and soon shot to pieces.

The fluff reason for the small squads is great, the Rubrics are a durable lot. Beware of instakillers though (did I mention how much I hate the 4 missile devastorsquads?).

As for mobility you do have the infiltrating lot and the Rubric's ability to move and shoot , so you are not completely without it.
I know there are those mounted daemonetes, but as I never played Slaanesh I have no personal experience from them. The Daemons you have could be considered mobile due to the summoning rules, but thhat is depending on the scatter of course.

The Sons however benefit much from the good old Rhinos, when you expand you should really consider them. If so give one champ Wind of chaos and thralls and he'll do just what you want the Lt to do but with more lifes then a cat. 11 to be precise.
I have also had great succes (I say in a really humble voice:rolleyes: ) when giving a champ like this a Familiar and Gift of Chaos too. ride up close and unleash hell, charge and change. Lovely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts