Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first space marines army, based off of a 2 hour look over at my friends codex and a desire to create a salamanders army, based on my research and attraction to the salamanders chapter. i want the army to be very fluffy, and am not concerned with serious competition as im a novice warhammer 40k player. i mainly play my two friends (who suck as much as i) and our combined armies include, tyranids, tau, and space marines.

my yet-to-exist 1500 point space marines salamanders army includes:

HQ

Chaplain
master crafted
115 points

ELITES

Terminator assault squad (10 men)
400 points

Dreadnaught
heavy flamer
115 points

Dreadnaught
heavy flamer
115 points

TROOPS

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider crusader
265 points

1496 points
44 units

please feel free to leave critical and insightful (even if they are very harsh) suggestions or seemingly mandatory changes, i will listen to eveyrthing said full heartedly for i am new to warhammer 40k in general and most assuredly know even less about space marines. thank you for all the help.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
this is my first space marines army, based off of a 2 hour look over at my friends codex and a desire to create a salamanders army, based on my research and attraction to the salamanders chapter. i want the army to be very fluffy, and am not concerned with serious competition as im a novice warhammer 40k player. i mainly play my two friends (who suck as much as i) and our combined armies include, tyranids, tau, and space marines.
ok lets give it a go....

HQ

Chaplain
master crafted
115 points
Lose master crafting since he gets to re roll on the charge.. trade it for terminator honours and add a bolt pistol

ELITES

Terminator assault squad (10 men)
400 points
10 termies is simply too many, drop the squad down to 5, and pack them up in a drop pod.. the crusader could be used to transport them too, but in this case i wouldnt

Dreadnaught
heavy flamer
115 points

Dreadnaught
heavy flamer
115 points
add extra armour, otherwise good

TROOPS

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points

Tactical squad (15 men)
flamer (2)
162 points
when buying the second special weapon you have an increased points cost.. also flamers on troops moving 6" a turn isn't the best since many units can assault out of your range.. so trade one flamer for a melta in each squad. Add a veteran sgt with a power fist and a bolt pistol for each squad. Also max squad size is 10 men.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider crusader
265 points
Good, add smoke launchers.. be advised when using this against tau as rail guns will punch through the armour quite easily.

All right hope this helps you out and good luck 8Y

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, thank you very very much for helping me out with my army list. I took your advice and re-stole my friend's codex and have decided to change a bit actually but need opinion questions to be answered because i still know very little about space marines and have very poor general knowledge of warhammer 40k.

First off, is it a poor idea to give my master of sancity chaplain terminator armor, because of his natural 3+ save and his rosarius given 4+ save? Also, would it be pointless to give him a thunderhammer when he already has a crozius arcanum? my thoughts were to put my chaplain in with a group of assault terminators who, for fluff reasons, would all have thunderhammers. if im sinking too many points into my chaplain though, then its pretty ridiculous. Also, i was wandering if adamantine mantles were worth their points? My chaplain would have 3 wounds and im not sure if thats worth saving from instant kills if he has invulnerable saves or if that is even related at all?

Another HQ question; Is there any way to have a terminator command assualt squad? I only see the option to take a terminator command squad, but i wasnt sure if terminator squads and terminator assualt squads were interchangable. Would i have to take an elite terminator assualt squad and just combine them in game with my chaplain?

...So far after recalculation and reading a good portion of the codex i changed my list up a lot but still think its a good bit fluffy. ...Ive got some points left that still need to be figured out but i like what i have now i think...

Salamanders Army:

HQ

Master of sanctity chaplain plus whatever conclusion my first question implored upon
100-200 points just for safety

Terminator assualt command squad? hopefully, if thats allowed, if not...
200 points
Elite

Terminator assualt squad (5men) thunderhammers and shields
200 points
Terminator squad (5 men) 2 heavy flamers
220 points

depending on terminator assualt command squad 1 or 2 dreadnaughts with extra armour heavy flamer and twin linked lascannons

Troops

tactical squad(10 men) flamer and meltagun
166 points

166 points

166 points

no fast attack

Heavy Support

Vindicator??

Vindicator??

and maybe a devestator squad

eventually 1500 points?

I suppose I still need a lot of help and I need to read over my newly aquired codex some more. Thanks so far for the help and I hope that soon ill be confident enough in my army that i wont have to ask questions until ive assembled and possibly played a couple of games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.