Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am just in the process of converting from Blood Angels to Space Wolves, I have been pouring over rulebooks and codex's to try and get the rules right. I may of done some mistakes and I would be glad for you to point them out. I would dearly love your comments also.

This Army is meant to be rather versatile, so it can take on anything with some good thought, and have good maths behind it (Though no too sure about that point) So here it is:

HQ - 221

Rune Priest
Plasma Pistol
Frost Axe
Wolf Pelt
Wolf Tooth Necklace
Wolf Tooth Talisman

Wolf Guard Battle Leader - 91
Bolt Pistol
Frost Blade
Wolf Pelt

Elite

Wolf Scouts x6 - 119
2x Bolt Pistols and Chainswords
1x Meltagun
2x Power Weapons

Dreadnought - 135
Assault Cannon
DCCW

Troops - 717

Grey Hunters x9 - 179
8x Bolt Pistols
1x Meltagun
2x Power Weapons

Grey Hunters x8 - 166
7x Bolters
5x Chainswords
2x Power Weapons
1x Plasma Gun

Blood Claw x9 + Wolf Guard - 232
1x Power Fist
1x Power Weapons
1x Flamer
9x Bolt Pistols
7x Chainswords
Drop Pod
Wolf Guard
Lightning Claws
Runic Charm

Blood Claw x10 - 201
1x Power Fist
1x Power Weapons
1x Meltagun
9x Bolt Pistols
7x Chainswords

Drop Pod

Heavy Support - 147

Long Fangs x5
2x Heavy Bolter
2x Lascannons
Pack Leader Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

Whirlwind - 75

Total = 1500

So Please comment, and be nice, I've onyl just restarted doing Warhammer, and this is my first post here, though I have been reading for a while.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
67 Posts
just a quick note,

Blood Claw x10 + Wolf Guard - 251
1x Power Fist
1x Power Weapons
1x Flamer
9x Bolt Pistols
7x Chainswords
Drop Pod
Wolf Guard
Lightning Claws
Terminator Armour
this squad wont work. u can only have 10 guys in a drop pod, but the Guard leader makes 11.

but overall a good list, i just wonder if it would be better to put both blood claw packs in drop pods, or both in rhinos, to make sure they arrive at the same time

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Blood Claw x10 + Wolf Guard - 251
1x Power Fist
1x Power Weapons
1x Flamer
9x Bolt Pistols
7x Chainswords
Drop Pod
Wolf Guard
Lightning Claws
Terminator Armour

Furthermore, WG in TDA cannot lead BC squads.

Otherwise the list looks good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok, I changed the Blood Claws, and lowered there points in general (I did think I was leaning on them a bit heavily), and I've given my scout squad an extra member, and a sniper rifle, and 2 power weapons (I just love their behind enemy lines ability:party2:), I put them both in drop pods, as I found when I had a battle with a smaller point Space Wolf army, (Basically said this was that, and that was this with my BA's) I found the drop pods pretty damn useful (Considering the fact I got all my reserves on the board at the same turn, the drop pod even killed 2 chaos marines!)

So what d'ya think now?;Y

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've given my scout squad an extra member, and a sniper rifle, and 2 power weapons (I just love their behind enemy lines ability
i love the scouts, they're so much fun, but why give them a sniper rifle? If they are gonna be a behind lines squad, thier role is to get back there and own all the heavy support stuff. A sniper rifle, as a heavy weapon, takes away from they're ability to move and fire, and also takes away from the CC ability of the squad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've taken the sniper away, as your right, I would lose some vital combat ability.

Instead, I used that 5 points to give my wolf guard leading the blood claws, a runic charm, letting him re roll an armour save, which could be useful.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
I've taken the sniper away, as your right, I would lose some vital combat ability.

Instead, I used that 5 points to give my wolf guard leading the blood claws, a runic charm, letting him re roll an armour save, which could be useful.
Definitely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.