Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my normal army list that I run at 1500 points. If anyone has any suggestions for this army, it would be much appreciated.

HQ-204
Rune Priest
-Frost Blade
-Bolt Pistol
-Wolf Pelt
Wolf Priest
-Wolf Pelt
-Fang of Morkai

Elites - 120
Wolf Guard leader
-Lightning Claws
-Wolf Tooth Necklace
Wolf Guard leader
-Lightning Claws
-Wolf Tooth Necklace

Troops - 731
Grey Hunters x10
-Bolters
-Plasma Gun
Blood Claws x8
-Power Weapon
-Power Fist
-Rhino Transport
Blood Claws x8
-Power Weapon
-Power Fist
-Rhino Transport
Blood Claws x10
-Power Weapon
-Power Fist
(Will be in Land Raider)

Fast Attack - 65
Land Speeder
-Melta Gun

Heavy Support -375
Predator Destructor
-Lascannon Sponsons
Land Raider

Total -1495

It is set up so that the Wolf Guard and 1 Independent character will run with the two 8 man blood claw squads. Also the last blood claw squad is set up to ride in the Land Raider.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This army has preformed well against Orcs, Guard, and Chaos. Against Eldar it will generally get a 50% win ratio. The tactics for this army are simple, get the Blood Claws into combat ASAP, while the predator and land speeder supply that necissary "Tank hunter" role to this army. After the Land Raider dumps its load of Blood Claws, it can then help take out some of the more "mean" units on the board. The Grey Hunters on the other hand generally do not do much in any game I have played with them, the only reason they are there is that every Space Wolves army needs atleast 1 squad of Grey Hunters.

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
I would advise losing the rune priest for a battle leader with a frost blade.
Also, The landraider is very expensive and easy to kill (railguns, meltas). It probably won't earn its points back at this points level. A squad of 5 bikers with a meltagun and powerweapons would be much better.

Also, melta's and not plasmaguns would be better on your grey hunters.

Other than that, it looks like a good list.
Also, give your tanks smoke launchers.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have a major psychotic hatred towards bikes, so bikes are a no no for me. If worst comes to worst, I will take out the Land Raider, add another Rhine for the Blood Claws put in another Destructor and another Land Speeder with a multi-melta and then equip all my rhinos with Smoke Launchers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the list looks pretty solid to me. But i would drop the 2 rhinos and put the 2 blood claw packs and the grey hunter pack in drop pods. cheaper and much safer than rhinos. also take out 1 blood claw in the 10 man blood claw squad and let the rune priest join them and then get in the land raider.

one more thing.. whats with these wolf gaurd leaders I am seeing? I thought they can only be HQ choices.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Despite everything being said I have an objection... Why I think the Wolf Guard Leader is an HQ selection and not an Elite?

And Blood Claws cannot mount in Land Raider as it is reserved for more experienced troop choices...

I don't have the Wolf Codex with me but I think that is all... 8Y

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Despite everything being said I have an objection... Why I think the Wolf Guard Leader is an HQ selection and not an Elite?
And Blood Claws cannot mount in Land Raider as it is reserved for more experienced troop choices...
You are thinking of the wolf guard battle leader, which is an HQ slot, the wolf guard leader is the elite slot that is attached to a squad.

Also there is nothing that says blood claws can’t be transported in a land raider, you are thinking of the Razorback which is reserved for seinor units.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
You are thinking of the wolf guard battle leader, which is an HQ slot, the wolf guard leader is the elite slot that is attached to a squad.

Also there is nothing that says blood claws can’t be transported in a land raider, you are thinking of the Razorback which is reserved for seinor units.
I knew I had something wrong but since I didn't had the codex at hand... Sorry mates!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok, this list has a very solid back bone about it, which i think is a great start,however....

Characters - stick with the Rune Priest, stormcaller is invaluable.

Also give them both wolf tooth necklaces, makes a huge dfference against enemy characters.

I am also not the biggest fan of mixing weapons in Blood Claw squads, and, in a space wolf army, i would suggest a crusader and not a standard pattern LR.

Then you can put 14 blood claws with 3 power fists and a pack leader in a LRC (crusader).

By sparing a few points here and there id upgrade the speeder to a tornado, assault cannons are anyones friend.

Drop the fang of morkai on the priest, give him healing potions and balms instead.

I have played with puppies for 6+ years. and i really think taking these steps could make your army far more affective.

Chris

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, thank you I will try the revisions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts