- Zapp Gun, Armour Plates, Riggers
Gun Trukk - 1 Gun Trukk*
- Zapp Gun, Armour Plates, Riggers
Looted Vehicle - 1 Leman Russ Demolisher
- Twin-Heavy Flamers, Armour Plates, Riggers, Smoke Launchers**

Total Heavy Support Cost – 360 (1499)

*I'm not 100% positive I have the point costs correct on Gun Trukks
**I'm not entirely sure that Looted Vehicles can take Smoke Launchers

Grand Total – 1499 (Total points may be off 10 points, give or take. I don't have the ork codex or the Armageddon codex handy, but it shouldn't be too far off from the total above.)

This is not a real army yet, but a framework for what I am going to try and buy/build/paint/restore and use as my new army. I welcome any comments or suggestions as I want to create an effective, while still being fun and interesting, Speed Freek list.

This list emphasizes the old saying "Do not put all of your eggs in one Basket.". Speed Freeks are so extremely fragile, that focusing on a battle wagon or War Trukk packed with super expensive units paves the road to ruin. It only takes a stray rocket, lascannon, or concentrated small arms fire to bring down most Orky Vehicles.

I did not use many elites, partially because Skar Boys and 'Ard Boyz will get a lot of attention, but mostly because I wanted to keep a level of uniformity to my troop choices. It maintains versatility between anti-infantry and anti-armour, and many weapons to dispose of the ever popular 3+ armies out there. Rocket Buggies will sweep around the sides to pester and attack vehicles from the side or rear, while Gun Trukks seek to crack the toughest of nuts on the field. The Demolisher brings an ominous threat to the enemy that, if destroyed does not saboteuge my main force, but if reaches the enemy line will bring 10 kinds of pain. It can also be used to soak up a lot damage while the rest of the army moves forward and around cover.

Warbikes are there because It adds more versatility to the army, and can obliterate lightly armoured enemies and tie up more important ones. I am also contemplating putting another trukk mob or elite / skar mob in place of this, but that may be over doing it.

The Trukkboyz are the base of the army, and will be used for concentrated assaults on enemy units. I chose the mega armour with kombi-skorcha combo instead of choppa / claw combo, because the Kombo-skorcha is almost sure to earn its points back agaisnt any enemy, and the mega armour allows the nob to survive more when things start going sour, if they do go sour, of course. I'm still not totally sure on this one, so advice will be greatly thanked.

The burna boys are there just to crank out the pain on horde enemies. Nothing says gg to the enemy when a suicidal trukk full of burna boys barrels out in the thick of a Gaunt Swarm, and produces a nova of flame in all directions--plus, 10/15 power attacks are nothing to be scoffed at against beakie-boyz.

The reason the Big Mek is so barebones, is because I'm really an advocate of a strong overall army rather than trying to play herohammer. The Big Mek and his trukk are NECESSARY, so I put them to some moderately usefully roles such as covering allied trukks with the KFF and possibly Tank Shocking weaker willed foes.

So this is my list, tear it apart.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since your HQ is so weak, another idea for using it is to leave him at the back, outside the trukk, as a fall back point for the boyz. The KFF should help keep it alive, and your opponent will probably be worrying more about your other guys than a 90 point HQ.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Zzap Trukks don't work honestly. Their range is too short, and they are too slow. If your looking for tank hunting Rocket buggies are just fine. In addition, you could consider Kannon Trukks with will roll 2D6 pick highest. The auto hit with the Zzap is nice, but by the time its in range its usually a smoking carcass.

Your HQ is really in bad shape. I'd consider a Boss on a warbike as your bringing the bike boys anyway.

Your trukk boys are good. The nob might as well be in mega armor as its only 5 more points compared to a power klaw.

Split the warbuggies up into seperate squads so they have more suvivability and can engage seperate targets.

Honestly battlewagons are incredible. Rokkit wagon or Dakka platforms are wonderful and effective as long as you know how to use them. Ard boys are great also, don't let the point cost scare you, they'll make it back.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the warboss on a bike idea, although it would be VERY hard to convert, albeit VERY awesome l33t to the max. I really dont think i'd use battlewagons, although they are hard hitting, they die relatively easy ESPECIALLY when my most common enemies will be tau, marines and necrons. It is relatively contradicting to my strategy as well, as I am trying to avoid heavy point sinks.

I understand zap guns have a short range but, they are still weaving and bobbing through cover, and should be able to get their shot on turn 2 or 3. Rokkit buggies are great, but not against the heaviest of armours. Even with a salvo of 6 missiles with rerolls chances are you wont bust through AV 13 or 14. Zzap Guns will on AVERAGE score a 14 against vehicles armour, while rokkits will score 11.5. Zzap Guns are also ap2, which is lacking in an ork army, so they can also pick off terminators, destroyers, broadsides, etc.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,568 Posts
I'm actually a fan of this list. The core Troops are all dead on and Mega-Armor is fun on Nobs, even if a little expensive. Your HQ would do well as a Biker Boss if your using Bikers, otherwise the standard Boss in a Trukk w/ Nobz can mess up almost anything in combat. I don't like Gun Trukks because they die super easy. If you want a Zzap Cannon, Battle Wagons are the way to go and with the right upgrades, they don't die as easy as you'd think. I love the Demolisher though. WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.