Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been toying with the codex trying to think of how a drop troop army would look in the 41stM, And this is what I have so far. Note I have yet to buy any of this, I am just thinking out loud about what I want my army to look like atm.

Doctrines:
Drop troops
Camoilne
Special Weapon Squads
Grenadiers
Iron D 12th Essex Airborne Regiment: Condor Company

534: [Command Platoon]
129 Command Squad: Senior Officer Iron D (Shotgun, Surveyor, Trademark Item, Carapace Armor, Frag, Bolt Pistol), Master Vox, Medic, Grenade Launcher

105: Anti-Tank Support Squad: 3 Missile Launchers

90 : Mortar Support Squad: 3 Mortars

75: Sniper Team: 3 Sniper rifles

75: Sniper Team: 3 Sniper rifles

60 : Sentinel, Auto Cannon, Hunter Killer

145: 10 Storm Troopers, Meltagun, Meltagun, Vox

141: 10 Storm Troopers, Grenade, Grenade, Vox

Troops:

341: [1st Platoon]
76: Command Squad: junior Officer, Vox, Medic, Mortar. Iron D

82: 1st Squad: Flamer, Vox,

90 : 2ndSquad: Missile Launcher, Vox

93: 3rd Squad, Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher, and Vox

339: [2nd Platoon]
76: Command Squad, Junior Officer, Vox, Medic, Mortar. Iron D

85: 1st Squad: Melta Gun, vox,

85: 2nd Squad: Missile launcher, Vox,

93: 3rd Squad: Heavy Bolter, Vox, Grenade launcher

·
Registered
668 Posts
So who are you dropping? Everyone? Anyone? Keep in mind that any heavy weapons will at best, get to shoot by turn 3.

You have a jumble of equipment on your Commander. Surveyor, shotgun, bolt pistol, and carapace armor can all be done away with. If you're deepstriking him, what do you need the surveyor for? You can take a Storm Bolter for a few more points than what you have here and be better off, and carapace armor is a waste, since you'll be allocating wounds to your Commander's retinue first. Also, the Trademark Item is a little iffy, as the benefits don't travel down the vox, so basically you're paying the points to keep that one squad together. If you feel like that's going to be really important, then keep it. I would only take a medic if I was bringing on plasma for my retinue, but that's personal preference I guess.

It looks like you paid the points for your Stormtroopers to Deep Strike. Good job there. However, from what I can figure, they can't have Cameleoline for the same reason the Drop Troops Doctrine doesn't apply to them, they aren't guard infantry.

Your doctrines look pretty good, though you may just want to throw in Close Order Drill, not necessarily for the Ld boost (since you're taking vox), but for the Initiative boost in case they are charged after dropping. Also, Iron Discipline does not travel down the vox network, so it will only have effect on your platoon command squads, or if by happenstance, one of your squads is nearby. If you're gonna keep your squads nearby, then you don't really need vox.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cheredanine, your article really helped put things in perspective, so did you simulated and mad. I think that I will mix it up a bit, and include a more operation market garden feel into the army. So I will have 2 elements of the army, the drop company, and a few units in chimeras with a Russ to reinforce the "surrounded" paratroopers. Does the community at large find that to be a more viable option?

Either way here is an updated list, With what you fine people and the local guardsmen at my store said

Starting guard
Doctrines:
Drop troops=[ ]
Ratlings
Storm Trooper Squads
Iron D

12th Essex Strike Regiment, 5th Company, “Red Devils”

[Command Platoon]
142: Command Squad: Senior Officer Iron D (Master Crafted Plasma Pistol, Trademark Item, Power Sword, Medic, Company Standard Plasmagun

Elites:

[146: 10 Storm Troopers, Meltagun, Meltagun, power Sword]
44: 4 Snipers
33: 3 Snipers
Troops:

290 [1st Platoon]
76: Command Squad: junior Officer, Power Sword, Medic, Plasma Gun. Iron D

66: 1st Squad: Flamer,

70 : 2nd Squad: Melta Gun

78: 3rd Squad, Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher

294 [2nd Platoon]
76: Command Squad, Junior Officer, Power Sword, Medic, Plasma Gun. Iron D

70 : 1st Squad: Melta Gun,

70 : 2nd Squad: Plasma Gun

78: 3rd Squad: Heavy Bolter, Grenade launcher

183: Armored Fist, Meltagun, Heavy Bolter, Chimera, Multi, Heavy Bolter, Improved Comms, smoke, Cammo Netting
183: Armored Fist, Plasma Gun, Mortar, Chimera, Multi HB, Improved Comms, Smoke, Cammo Netting
185: Leman Russ, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Improved Communications, Extra Armor, Smoke launchers, Cammo Netting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.