Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My LGS has a 1500 point league coming up soon that I'd really like to do well in. I'm fairly sure that they're going to allow the new bug codex, so this list has been created with that in mind. C&C welcome!

HQ:

Rune Priest in Terminator Armor - JotWW, Living Lightning, Saga of the Beastslayer
This guy is my Carnifex hunter, he'll sit with the Long Fangs.

Elite:

Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod with Deathwind Missile Launcher
My multi-tool.

Troops:

3 x 10 Grey Hunters - 2x Meltas, Powerfist, Drop Pod with Deathwind Missile Launcher
I love these guys, cheap and effective.

Fast Attack:

5 Thunderwolf Calvary - Frost Weapon
I love the idea of these guys, I just know that I have to choose my battles carefully with them, or they'll get stomped.

Heavy Support:

2 x 5 Long Fangs - 2x Heavy Bolters, 2x Missile Launchers in each squad.
I've never once considered taking a devastator squad, until I saw how cheap these guys were. Jack of all trades.

I think this list is pretty balanced, and I'll have a lot of fun with it. The drop pods with Deathwinds are a result of the fact that I'll be playing several swarm armies, be it nids or orks. The tactic is pretty simple, if I want to be close with my GHs, I'll deploy them in the pods. If I don't want to be close, I'll deploy the pods separately and use them to create bottlenecks and template units. Same can be said for the dreadnought.

Let me know what you think!

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Hello all,

My LGS has a 1500 point league coming up soon that I'd really like to do well in. I'm fairly sure that they're going to allow the new bug codex, so this list has been created with that in mind. C&C welcome!

HQ:

Rune Priest in Terminator Armor - JotWW, Living Lightning, Saga of the Beastslayer
This guy is my Carnifex hunter, he'll sit with the Long Fangs.
You don't really need the terminator armor or Saga.

Elite:

Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod with Deathwind Missile Launcher
My multi-tool.
Dreadnought - MM+HF, DP w/DML

Troops:

3 x 10 Grey Hunters - 2x Meltas, Powerfist, Drop Pod with Deathwind Missile Launcher
I love these guys, cheap and effective.
I'd exchange the Pfists for either power weapons or MotW. I'd also get them Wolfguards w/Pfist+combi-weapon and drop the DML's to help pay for it, but that's just my preference.

Fast Attack:

5 Thunderwolf Calvary - Frost Weapon
I love the idea of these guys, I just know that I have to choose my battles carefully with them, or they'll get stomped.
You really need to run them in pairs. Go 2x3 TWC w/1 Pfist in each.

Heavy Support:

2 x 5 Long Fangs - 2x Heavy Bolters, 2x Missile Launchers in each squad.
I've never once considered taking a devastator squad, until I saw how cheap these guys were. Jack of all trades.
The optimal config would be 4x ML's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.