Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list is designed to include a huge number of tanks without resorting to using the armoured company list.

Doctrines
Mechanised.
Grenadiers.

HQ: Junior officer, 3 flamers - 58
Chimera transport, ML, Hvy Flamer, Pintel Stubber - 97
3 Sentinels with las cannon - 165

Troops: 5 Grenadiers, 2 Plasma - 70
Chimera transport, ML, HB, Pintel Stubber - 97

Troops: 5 Grenadiers, 2 Melta - 70
Chimera transport, ML, HB, Pintel Stubber - 97

Fast: Hellhound, Pintel Stubber - 127
Fast: Hellhound, Pintel Stubber - 127Fast: Hellhound, Pintel Stubber - 127

Heavy: Leman Russ, 3xHB - 155
Heavy: Leman Russ, 3xHB - 155Heavy: Leman Russ, 3xHB - 155

Total 1500

15 men :D, 3 Walkers :), and 9 tanks ;Y!

Whadaya think?

·
2,399 Posts
First: You don't actually have to say mechanised, all your chaps can be equipped as is.

Second - I'm doing very similar tactics at this precise moment for a tourney - for the same size. (Raises an eyebrow and memorises your list) During playtesting I have realised my bad, bad mistake in Not including Improved Aurmour and Smoke Launchers. I'd drop your pintle Stubbers personally - you can get Improved Aurmour and SL, with change. Your objective takers are x3 - large eggs In a soft basket. But i do see what you're doing and sympathise (I went for Drop Troops to have 19x scoring units as well as an armoured front.)
P.S. Please put up how playtesting/games go as My first draft was very similar (I came to the decision the troop choices at 163 each were just too much, and without doubt had a huge bullseye over them - being transports. They were effectivly a AV12 Multilaser & Hvy Bolter and always bought it very rapidly.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I agree, Extra Armor will prove to be useful. The transports should also take smoke launchers.

Personally, I would take grenade launchers or plasma on the command squad. Because of the way transporting and disembarking works, sometimes flamer squads can be a bit annoying to move into position after coming out of the Chimera.

Other than that, I kind of like this list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.