Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is somewhat of a test list, mostly facing Space Marines, Orks and Tyranids. Rip it apart, give opinions, all that. Have at it!

HQ:

Commander = 167 (Shas'o)
Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
Shield Generator
Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
Hard Wired Drone Controller
2 Shield Drones

Total: 167

Elites:

Crisis Battlesuit = 80
Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
Shield Generator

Crisis Battlesuit = 80
Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
Shield Generator

Crisis Battlesuit = 80
Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
Shield Generator

Total: 240

Troops:

Fire Warrior Team = 242
Shas'ui, 11 Shas'la
9x Pulse Rifle
3x Pulse Carbine
Markerlight
Hard-Wired Target Lock
Teansport: Devilfish
1 Seeker Missile
Disruption Pod
Gun Drones

Fire Warrior Team = 242
Shas'ui, 11 Shas'la
9x Pulse Rifle
3x Pulse Carbine
Markerlight
Hard-Wired Target Lock
1 Seeker Missile
Disruption Pod
Gun Drones

Fire Warrior Team = 242
Shas'ui, 11 Shas'la
9x Pulse Rifle
3x Pulse Carbine
Markerlight
Hard-Wired Target Lock
1 Seeker Missile
Disruption Pod
Gun Drones

Total: 746

Heavy Support:

Broadside Battle Suit = 90
Twin-Linked Railgun
Smart Missile System
Shield Generator

Broadside Battle Suit = 90
Twin-Linked Railgun
Smart Missile System
Shield Generator

Hammerhead Gun Ship = 180
Railgun
Smart Missile System
Targeting Array
Target Lock
Multi-Tracker
Disruption Pod

Total: 360

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
I'll be glad to help ya!

First off, the HQ:

You don't need the Hard Wired Target Lock, unless you plan to stick him with other suits, and even then, seeing as all your suits are the same, I'd be concentrating all the fire anyways. and as far as taking the Shield Drones for Protectiong, I thinl the IC Status offers the most protection, and you don't have to pay Extra! But thats just me.

Elites:

I'd say stick each suit in it's own Elite Slot, that way, then can be al over the board if they need to, or than can concentrate in one area to lay on the hurt, plus when they are shot at, it'll take at least 3 Squads to bring them down, one for each.

Troops:

Mixing the Pulse Rifle and Carbins in Fire Warrior Squads, altought I don't do it, seeing as you will be getting close to the enemy so you may want to pin them, but I Still prefer the extra 6 shots you can get with the Pulse Rifles, and with all Pulse Rifles, you can still set up a good Firing line if needs be.

Try it, if it dosen't work out, just change it!

I also don't like the use of Seeker Missiles, byut thats just me, you'll have to see how it works for you.

And ALWAYS give your DevilFishes Decoy Launchers, They rock.

Heavy Support:

The Broadsides are good, I prefer the Smart Missiles, as your getting 4 shots as soon as they enter range, and they can't hide behind Terrain to stay safe from weapons, but you'll have to see what works for you in your situations.

The Hammerhead is good, but It can Improve, by Adding DECOY LAUNCHERS!!!! YAY!!!! and don't forget, that the Targetting Array somes with the Hammerhead, so don't pay Extra points for it! Add a Disruptor Pod if you end up with Entra points, it's saved me a few times to be sure.

A good list, I think you may end up changing things as you go along, but hey, if something works for you, don't let anyoone make you change it!

Mike

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Miketehfox!

After studying your advise, I have to say I agree with most of it, and have made some changes.

Changes:

-Removed Target Lock from Commaner. (no idea what I was thinking here =\)
-Added Disruption Pods to Devilfish and Hammerhead.
-Reduced Pulse Carbines to three per squad. (I'm willing to sacrifice a little firepower for the chance to pin)
-Seperated crisis battle suits into seperate squads.
-Replaced plasma guns on Broadsides to free up points.

How does it look now?

·
Registered
664 Posts
okay do this:
instead of your expensive shas'o get a shas'el with plasma,missile pod and multi
for your elites take out the shield gen and put a multitracker instead.
for your troops ill show you how your fire warriors squads should look:
12 shas'la with pulse rifle.they have a devilfish who has multitracker,decoy launchers and targetting array 220 points
do that and you save 22 point on all of your squads.
now drop both broadsides and get a hammerhead
with the 197 point you have i suggest you add a shas'el with plasma rifle,missile pod and multi.and with the rest of the points try to squeeze in a squad of 4 stealth

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
New List, I say drop the Shield Generators on the Suits, with J-S-J and good terrain, they should only end up being targeted when thier nearly swamped, but if you keep moving them back.......

And Why Didn't you put 'Decoy Launchers' on all your skimmers!
MikeTehFox said:
And ALWAYS give your DevilFishes Decoy Launchers, They rock.
MikeTehFox said:
The Hammerhead is good, but It can Improve, by Adding DECOY LAUNCHERS!!!! YAY!!!!
I'd rather see only Decoy Launchers on your Skimmers, you know what, just consider Decoy Launchers as Mandatory, then add Disruption Pods if you have extra points.

Also, make sure your not paying extra for the Devilfishes gun Drones, they come with the base cost of the Devilfish(just checking, as normally if something comes with a unit, it's not written out.)

I say do what you want with your HQ, make it the one model that stands out. You may end up changing things as I said before, but if something works for you, keep it!

You wouldn't believe how hard some poeple are trying to get me to take Power Fists in my Bikes squads for me Bike army....yikes.

Glad to help!

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only thing i dont agree with is th huge points sink in shield generators. The only time I use one is if i deep strike my HQ with TL fusion. Your suits dont need one. Spend the points elsewhere

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
A cool list. I like it. The only thing I would say is maybe running Two Hammerheads and one broadside at 1500 pts. I just don't know if you gonna run into enough armor at 1500 pts to make two Broadsides worth it, but you know your opponents better than I, those broadsides will rock multiwound Tyranid monsterous creatures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts