Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back to tomb kings after a long time of no use. Wondering what everyone thinks.

Option 1:

Lord:
Lich High priest level 4 W/ Talisman of Preservation on Skeletal Steed - 255

Hero:
Tomb Prince W/ Great Weapon and Armor of Destiny 154

Core:
Skeletal Warriors x50 W/Command 230
Skeletal Chariots x4 220
Skeletal Chariots x4 220

Special:
Warsphinx W/ Fiery Roar 230
3x Sepulchral Stalkers 165

Total 1474

Option 2:

Lord:

Hero:

Core:
Skeletal Chariots x4 220

Special:
Ushabti x4 (Bow/GW?) 200

Rare:

Screaming Skull Catapult 90
Screaming Skull Catapult 90

Total 1469

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heya, I like them both. For either, you could consider cloak of the dunes instead of tal of pres and the horse, means you can grab a look out sir either in or next to the skeletons and then fly to safety or damage things. Consider the flaming banner on a chariot unit for arrows and flaming impact hits, suppose you have the fiery roar tho too, probs could give up a few skeletons instead. Skeleton musician could probably get the chop too. I don't ever take them except for archers to swift reform. Honestly, don't get why ppl use them.

You could also consider taking the tal of pres for your prince if the heiro no longer has it, otherwise the 2+ save armour is decent, given you can get off the 5+ ward as a spell on him for when he needs it.

The stalkers I'm a huge fan of. In the first list you'll find they can perform lots of roles from war machine hunting, surprise attacking monsters (most are initiative 1 or 2) and for dealing with armour, which you otherwise will struggle with.

As for the second list, I only find that ushabti are worth taking as 6 or 8 and two ranks deep for the attack density. Otherwise you are better to take 20 halberd TG for virtually the same points cost, but they'll be easier to revive. S6 is similar to S5 w/ killing blow in my opinion.

Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Why people take musicians??? On a unit that can't march? Because they get their full maximum possible move after a swift reform, that's why!

I prefer the second list...but drop the kit on the priest and steal some points from somewhere else to get an archer bodyguard for him. He'll live longer, and maybe the archers will kill a model now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahhh I get it, free spin essentially? Or are you saying that the rules for swift reform allow undead to march afterward?

Sorry to hi-jack the post.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Free spin. The rules are the same as for everyone else...you can move afterwards, but can't march...but since you can't march anyway...you can shoot afterwards, but count as having moved even if you don't move post-reform...since you have hand bows...basically , none of the penalties attached to the free reform are relevant to undead! So, yeah, for ten points and a leadership test, you get a free spin...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So say I went with this list Option 1:

Lord:

Hero:

Core:
Skeletal Chariots x4 220
Skeletal Chariots x4 220

Special:
3x Sepulchral Stalkers 165

Total 1474

What changes would you make? I currently have painted and ready to go:

52 Skeletons W/Shield/Hand Weapon (And armor depending)
20 Skeleton Archers
16 Skeleton Calvary (Can be with Bow or Spear)
Catapult
Tomb Prince/King W/2 hand Weapon
9 Chariots
Warsphinx

Thinking of picking up Stalkerd and MAYBE 20 tomb guard W/Halbard

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I would buy a LP on foot and another catapult. Then drop the steed and the talpres, and drop the sphinx. Put the foot lich into a block of 20 archers, field two skullapults, and dump the rest into more models for the warrior unit. By the way, hw/sh skellies are not a horde unit. They're a tarpit, so run them 5-wide. It'll take longer to kill them that way. If you put the prince on a corner, the enemy can only attack them six-wide, for a maximum of 18 (24 with spears, 30 for helves) attacks from a horde. If you're 10 wide, though, that's 30 (40, 50 ) inbound attacks...not really with a few extra swings of your own. Better to let your anvil be an anvil, and let something with S4 or S5 do the killing for you!

Oh, and halberdier tomb guard should always be in a horde...that means at least 30, preferably 40, models. 20 is expensive without being effective.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, then how about this.

Tomb Prince General W/ Great Weapon and Armor of Destiny 154

Hierophant Liche High Priest lv4 210

20 Skeleton Archers 120

50 Skeletons with full Command 230

4 Chariots 220

Khemrian Warsphinx W/Fiery Roar 230

4 Sepulchral Stalkers 220

Catapult 100

Total 1482

I will use the skeletons with command in the dead center with the tomb prince. This will add some damage to the main unit and help them survive due to a higher WS.

The Liche will stick with the 10x2 archer to the left or right. They will just shoot and keep up. Next to them on the opposite side will be the chariots. This will protect them and add a hammer unit

On the other side of the unit will be the Warsphinx as another hammer.

The stalkers will ground pop or stick to a side

The catapult will stick back and shoot big things.

Setup

Chariots Archers Skeletons Warsphinx

Catapult

What do you all think now? I got some more points by removing armor off the skeleton's and keeping the priest without equipment but he is hidden in a unit of skeletons. The prince is protected with a ward save. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts