Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a 1500 point torni coming up soon (play three games) and have two lists that i am thinking of taking but I would like to know what people think of them, what is better, or what would compliment them. I don't know who i am playing, what army's or what game's so I am making this as just a very standard take all commers..... kinda list xD

First List.

-Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch = 160.
-Exalted Hero, BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Hideous Visage, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation = 211.
-28 Warriors of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Lichbone Pendant = 521.
-18 Warriors of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Gleaming Pendant = 395.
-Hell Cannon = XXX.

So the 2 Characters hunker down in the big unit whilst the hell cannon sits one side and the halberd block the other. Sorcerer will take lore of metal because the buffs are nice, bsb is just hard to move in a challange with that 4+/3+ re-roling 1's on the ward. (he has a great weapon as the model has a great weapon unless i can blag it as a halberd) Not much else to say.

Second List.

-Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch, Chaos Familiar, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Protection = 360.
-Exalted Hero, BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Hideous Visage, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation = 211.
-20 Warriors of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Lichbone Pendant = 285.
-15 Warriors of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Halberds, Full Command = 330.
-Hell Cannon = XXX.

The same list's just a change in power, by this i mean ALL ON THE SORCERER. Here he changes from a support caster buffing my own units to fly around and deal some damage (final transmutation) and taking out war machine crews with ease. So a 2+/5+ 5 spells and a 20" march he is pretty good (charmed shield for anti cannon).
Though with his power boost we lose 8 Warriors from the big uni with the bsb and 3 from the Halberd unit.

I think both list's will work well. I haven't got any knights as i wanted to make the most of my hell cannon's shooting before they ate every thing.... (that and I just played a very knight heavy army with my bret's)

Any way. Say what you will about them, will be nice to hear the feedback. Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Both lists look ok, though for this points level I'd probably stick to a level 3 Sorcerer myself, going in between your two options. I don't think you need more than 24 Warriors (or 23 + character) in a unit, not at this level anyway.

It's hard to be prepared for everything, but I'd recommend some kind of fast/chaff unit to deal with war machines, Goblin Fanatics, enemy chaff, chariots and anything else you don't want to face - otherwise your infantry blocks could get hit hard.

Also, do you have a plan in case you end up against ethereal opponents? Do the Hellcannon's attacks count as magical? Otherwise, you might find you can't hurt them...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts