Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this list before but with little response, maybe i'll get more this time... I was thinking over increasing the dakka on the preds though.

HQ:
2 x nurgle DAemon Prince w/ MoN, warp time, wings - 175 pt each, 350pts

elites:
2 x 6 chosen w/ 3 meltaguns - 138pts each, 276pts

troops:
2 x 10 plaguemarines w/ rhino (no upgrades), 2 plasmaguns, champ with powerfist - 335pts each, 670pts

Heavy support:
2 x ac/hb predators - 100pts each, 200pts

32 warm(ish) bodies
4 vehicles
2 monstrous creatures

As you can see there's a bit of a "two" theme, the only thing I was pondering about was if I should drop a chosen from each squad for a havoc launcher on the preds?

·
4,967 Posts
Looks good without any wasting of points or weaknesses. It would be nice to get some long range AT firepower in there by swapping the preds to AC+2LC versions. Vs Marine opponents they are statistically better against infantry and of course they are good tank busters.

Perhapse drop some chosen and merge them into a single unit of 8 with IoCG and 4 meltas to get the points. Or drop one unit of chosen for an Obliterator.

·
Big fish in a little pond
234 Posts
I agree with mad cat, nice list man. The only thing I don't like is the chosen squads. I'd consider 1 squad with IoN in which case you would need another dedicated tank hunter possibly lascanon sponsons on one preditor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe you've spent too many points on your HQs for the 1500-point level. I'd suggest dropping one of the two Demon Princes and using the points to add a unit of two obliterators.

That'll give you:
1. Another scoring unit
2. Better ranged anti-tank (your list lacks this)
3. Plasma cannons (meqs hate plasma cannons)
4. TL flamers (oh my do swarms hate TL flamers)

The remaining points can be used for another body in one of your chosen squads, a havoc launcher on one of your rhinos or predators for more anti-swarm, or a combi-plasma/melta for each of your rhinos.

Yes, it would ruin the redundancy theme you've got going.

But! Since you're ruining the theme anyway, consider swapping out the other prince for a lash prince. I honestly can't think of a good reason not to bring at least one lash to a tournament.

Happy hunting!
-GK

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've had severly limited use of obliterators (used them once) and I don't think they'd suit my tactics (too squishy)

I was sorely tempted to make a double lash army but I wanted to keep some fluff sanity left to claw at some pride. Plus from extensive use of 'nids I like toughness 6 (and my models are ace, it'll be in the modelling section when they're finished).

I know the list lacks long range AT but I felt I could weather it for a turn to get my army in squashing range. An ac/las would be nice but then I'm not sure where to get the points without drastically changing the list.

If I dropped a chosen and meltagun from each squad this would get me the points with some extra dakka on the ac/hb pred. Others will probably say I should combine in to one massive squad but I like my manouverability. While I admit they tend to deploy together it does mean that: A) I have more scoring units, B) I can shoot at more things, C) my opponent will more likely suffer from overkill and D) in my mind, if they're two units then they look less of a threat especially when there's plaguemarines and DPs jumping down their throat if it was one large unit then they may be noticed more.

only problem is that I've only painted a few models of this army and the tournament is in two months! stupid coursework getting in the way... not sure i'll make it (too bad i've already paid)...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd suggest further play-testing with obliterators before writing them off as 'too squishy'.

With 2+/5+ saves and 2 wounds each, they're actually one of the least 'squishy' units in our codex. In fact you'll find them shrugging off many attacks that would ordinarily destroy a predator thanks to their nifty saves.

If you're worried about 1st-turn insta-death from lascannons, etc, then you can always hold them in reserve and deep-strike them to an icon (preferably right behind whatever it was you were worried about insta-killing them). Their versatility in both deployment and weapons selection makes them well worth their hefty price tag.

I persist in my recommendation of replacing one of those HQs with a scoring unit at the 1500 point level, and I believe that obliterators would fill a much needed ranged anti-tank role in your list. T6 may be hard to bring down, but even if they're still alive at the end of the game, they can't hold objectives anyway. If, however, you're changing your request to "please provide suggestions for my list other than the two HQs, which are ace" then I'd give your list the ol' GK thumbs up.

I agree you should keep the chosen as separate squads, and you've done a good job of following the "at least one red-shirt for every special weapon" rule. I'd suggest you leave them as-is and not worry about pumping more points into your preds.

Happy hunting!
-GK

·
Registered
125 Posts
Whilst i agree with most of the comments here, i think that you should seriously consider taking nurgles rot on one of the princes. Nurgles rot is a very effective low T (t3 or so) horde killer and i've been using it good effect vs tyranids/dark eldar/eldar and guard players. Plus you can keep using it whilst locked in combat. It also has effectively when teamed up with the base size of a daemon prince the biggest template in the game.

Also, Giantkiller, daemon princes are monstrous creatures not independent characters, hence, they are scoring units and can take objectives.

Edit: Forgot to point out that nurgles rot is also fluffy :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I persist in my recommendation of replacing one of those HQs with a scoring unit at the 1500 point level, and I believe that obliterators would fill a much needed ranged anti-tank role in your list. T6 may be hard to bring down, but even if they're still alive at the end of the game, they can't hold objectives anyway. If, however, you're changing your request to "please provide suggestions for my list other than the two HQs, which are ace" then I'd give your list the ol' GK thumbs up.
-GK
well i'm a bit kind of late but as it's my post I don't care bout thread necromancy:p

I was under the impression that Daemon Princes were scoring units as they aren't actually independent characters, therefore they are a normal unit that counts as scoring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.